38 Jordan Rodgers

39 Bryn Renner

40 Jeff Mathews

41 Kory Faulkner

42 Alex Carder

43 Keith Price

44 Collin Klein

45 Rusty Smith

Slim pickens. Orton wouldn't be bad would he? I thought he retired though.

I am still under the impression that Freeman has the skill to be a decent backup, or even a low end starter, but he doesn't seem to have the will.

Not a fan of the rest.

Edit: Hey the trick shot guy is on there!

Edited by What a Tuel

I am still under the impression that Freeman has the skill to be a decent backup, or even a low end starter, but he doesn't seem to have the will.

Not a fan of the rest.

I think Freeman is one of those guys who might have been a good QB had he not been asked to start so soon. The failure, and resulting loss of confidence (from coaches, teammates, fans and most of all, self confidence) can take it's toll. Some QBs can work past that, others tend to fold up, I think. Perhaps on a different team, or with a different coach, he might have made it. I suppose it's possible he still may. But I agree, it does seem as though he lost the will.

is Freeman really that bad? everyone was fighting for him last year. then the Vikings threw him out there 1 week after picking him up. I doubt he knew the offense very well at that point. i'm surprised everyone has given up on him already. he HAS to be better than jeff tuel

Caleb Terbush is highly overrated, hates booing, and what happens to his $23.88 signing bonus we would have to pay him that would be dead money if we had to cut him.

Pass.

The same guys passing on Terbush are the same idiots that passed on Tom Brady. I said going into that draft that the guy was going to arguably be the greatest QB of all-time but what do I know?!?

is Freeman really that bad? everyone was fighting for him last year. then the Vikings threw him out there 1 week after picking him up. I doubt he knew the offense very well at that point. i'm surprised everyone has given up on him already. he HAS to be better than jeff tuel

Yeah, and he probably costs more too.

The same guys passing on Terbush are the same idiots that passed on Tom Brady. I said going into that draft that the guy was going to arguably be the greatest QB of all-time but what do I know?!?

TerBush is good, but hes no dayne crist.

seriously though -- i wonder whos job it was to order 27 through 42 on that list. poor intern.

His last full season with the Bucs he had 4,056 yards 27 tds and 17 ints, 8 fumbles.

Major upgrade over Tuel and Lewis.

Like I said above, I don't think he is. Something seems to be off with him though.

Edited by What a Tuel

I have heard rumors that he's had issues with substance abuse - alcohol and drugs (not pot). He'd certainly be worth looking at if his life is in order and it was expected to stay that way.

So, is it acceptable to pick-up Belicheat's scraps? He'd be worth a look at least.

If released, and if he clears waivers, I'm not against having a look. But someone will throw a 7th rd pick Belicheat's way.

Here are the current backup QB options.

QB 1 Kyle Orton

2 Josh Freeman

3 B.J. Coleman

4 Dominique Davis

5 Josh Portis

6 David Carr

7 John Skelton

8 Tim Tebow

9 Vince Young

10 Kevin Kolb

11 Jordan Palmer

12 Tyler Thigpen

13 Dennis Dixon

14 Pat White

15 Nate Enderle

16 John Parker Wilson

17 Jerrod Johnson

18 Adam Weber

19 Ryan Lindley

20 Alex Tanney

21 Nick Stephens

22 Ryan Katz

23 Colby Cameron

24 Kyle Padron

25 James Vandenberg

26 Mike Hermann

27 Nathan Stanley

28 Dalton Williams

29 Matt Brown

30 Caleb TerBush

31 Tim Jenkins

32 Dayne Crist

33 Brett Smith

34 James Franklin

35 Chase Rettig

36 Tommy Rees

37 Brock Jensen

38 Jordan Rodgers

39 Bryn Renner

40 Jeff Mathews

41 Kory Faulkner

42 Alex Carder

43 Keith Price

44 Collin Klein

45 Rusty Smith

Who are these guys? Carder, Renner, Vanderberg, BJ Coleman, etc., etc.

The problem is you need someone very, very bright with experience to pick up a new offense quickly to be any help this year so most of these guys won't work. Orton might and Carr used to be good. I think Freeman would struggle contributing quickly enough. Plus, it would be nice to find a vet who could also help EJ. You know Tuel and Lewis are just as green as EJ and provide little support as backups.

If released, and if he clears waivers, I'm not against having a look. But someone will throw a 7th rd pick Belicheat's way.

No way he clears waivers.

Not a fan of the rest.

Not a fan of the rest.

Most likely,the reason Freeman is not signed has nothing to do with his QB skill set. Signing him would make some wonder why nobody called Billy Joe Hobert first! Me thinks he has been blackballed by the league GM's, probably safe to call him a locker room cancer.