Selling of Bills Could Happen Even Sooner

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I hope so. Not only just to get stability but for the press, and all of us to finally SHUT UP about it. LOL.

I have felt there was a person/ Group already ordained to take the reigns. And people keep talking about 'bidding' who says there has to be bids? Mary Wilson owns this team, if she says ' Its Donald Trumps if he wants it' then all she needs is league approval.

Maybe its worth 1.1 Billion, but maybe she just wants 700 mill and GTFO? See there are many things that have been missing in reports, #1 is this is Mary Wilsons, not Buffalo's, Not the States, Not Erie Counties, Not some trust....Mary Wilsons to sell.

My only fear is there are buzzards out there that see Buffalo fans flock to the stadium year, after year, after decade and fill the stands even though Ralph Wilson fielded a **** team. Now a pure money man sees nothing but lemmings willing to line his pockets. I pray and I suggest you do too even if you don't believe in God or Buda or whatever, we find a guy that wants to put WINNING as #1 and financially be ok with the purchase of the team being a tax write off for 20 years or so. Put ALL the money back into this team.

Also an ownership group also worries me. Groups tend to worry more about the ROI of the investment, not the product of the team.

That said, yeah I can see it sold by July and approved in October, its best for the Team, League, and fans.

What an opening day it'll be ! New local owners in attendance. Jim Kelly. Honoring Ralph. Number one draft pick playing. It's gonna be a beautiful September Sunday day of football for Buffalo and Bills fans everywhere !

Just saw this. Thoughts ?

http://espn.go.com/n...y-owner-90-days

Seems like this could only be positive news. My guess, like others have said , is that a lot had been done behind the scenes for some time now. I think Ralph knew he was nearing the end, how could he have not. If our best hopes are true, even though the success on the field has been limited, Wilson's legacy will be that he kept the team here long after he passed.

Good maybe we can find a decent owner and then we can stop with all these ridiculous articles about who the next owner is going to be, and where the team's going to be.

Perhaps, we can just focus on kicking the s*** out of New England.

Edited by oman128

still say it's Pegula......he's the only one NOT talking.

Because he's a hockey fan not a football fan maybe? He has his hands full with the Sabres. Anyone that thinks he has even considered buying the Bills is delusional. Just because someone is a billionaire doesn't mean they want to buy the Bills

Since this article was written by JW, here is a question for JW:

Does the speed at which the sale may take place favor the Bills staying in Buffalo or is there no connection between how quickly the sale occurs and whether the new ownership group intends to keep the Bills in Buffalo?

Thank you.

Because he's a hockey fan not a football fan maybe? He has his hands full with the Sabres. Anyone that thinks he has even considered buying the Bills is delusional. Just because someone is a billionaire doesn't mean they want to buy the Bills

Are you close to Pegula or his family to say definitively that he has no interest? It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Jason LaCanfora mentioned last month at the owners meetings that Pegula's name was a topic amongst attendees. Not that that means Pegula will buy the team, but his name wasn't mentioned for no reason. I would highly doubt he hasn't considered it. It would be good business. The NFL is more profitable than the NHL. Add a new stadium into what will probably include a broader real estate development plan for whatever area it is placed in. Why is that important? Pegula is building Harbor Center so real estate development looks to be something he's interested in. Real estate can = money. Ask Milstein. Don't be so quick to discount Pegula. Although he wouldn't be my first guess.

I think it winds up being someone nobody has a heard a thing about in the media, but has the money, ties to WNY in some type of fashion and a desire to keep the team where it always has been.

Edited by purple haze

MY $.02: the state is wisely fast tracking this as much as they can. These talks have been going on for a few years. Ralph was in his 90's; I am sure that he had identified and spoke with a few potential groups that made sense. (I know this to be true). Jacobs or Milstein are my guesses if that timeline is realistic.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

God I hope so. Not only just to get stability but for the press, and all of us to finally SHUT UP about it. LOL.

I have felt there was a person/ Group already ordained to take the reigns. And people keep talking about 'bidding' who says there has to be bids? Mary Wilson owns this team, if she says ' Its Donald Trumps if he wants it' then all she needs is league approval.

Maybe its worth 1.1 Billion, but maybe she just wants 700 mill and GTFO? See there are many things that have been missing in reports, #1 is this is Mary Wilsons, not Buffalo's, Not the States, Not Erie Counties, Not some trust....Mary Wilsons to sell.

My only fear is there are buzzards out there that see Buffalo fans flock to the stadium year, after year, after decade and fill the stands even though Ralph Wilson fielded a **** team. Now a pure money man sees nothing but lemmings willing to line his pockets. I pray and I suggest you do too even if you don't believe in God or Buda or whatever, we find a guy that wants to put WINNING as #1 and financially be ok with the purchase of the team being a tax write off for 20 years or so. Put ALL the money back into this team.

Also an ownership group also worries me. Groups tend to worry more about the ROI of the investment, not the product of the team.

That said, yeah I can see it sold by July and approved in October, its best for the Team, League, and fans.

Are there reports of Mary Wilson being stupid?

I agree she'll most likely "pick" the party to whom she feels most comfortable with, but she's not leaving 400mil on the table. Either way, this is good news all around.

This thing seems to be hitting a critical mass quickly. I can't see anybody outside of Buffalo even having a chance. Too much political power too many bug time players with local interest. I'm 99% sure they are safe.