Wilfork asks pats to release him

QB Bills

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no scenario he comes to Buffalo. IMO he's the best Pat not named Brady and has been for years. That said:

1) He is Mr. 3-4 NT- the prototype. We are not running a pure 3-4 here

2) This front office isn't bringing in 33 years old stars and paying them, which is smart

3) Some 3-4 team will pay him, but not us. With Kyle, Mario and a new deal for Darius, we have more than allocated our share of the cap to the DL

Edited by hmsmystic

Dear Mr. Wilfork

Please with brown sugar on it come to Buffalo and show them how its done. Stopping the run that is.

You wont have to play on passing downs and ill even show you where to get the best pizza in town.

That is all :)

He'd find Imperial quickly I'm sure. I'd love to see him in Buffalo if he still can move. It'll never happen.

Edited by SmokinES3

He's under contract for next season at $11.6 m , will turn 33 in Nov coming off achilles heel injury. I would be a no vote.

This is why I suspect that the Pats are going to let him walk. The Boston writers I looked at suggested that the Pats were looking to renegotiate to offset an 11 M cap hit and Wilfork wound not budge. It often takes a year to get back to full speed after Achilles surgery if ever (see Chandler). He was a great player, but now the risk far outweighs what he will likely demand for payment.

Oh, and this would give the Pats 8 M in cap room.

There's no scenario he comes to Buffalo. IMO he's the best Pat not named Brady and has been for years. That said:

1) He is Mr. 3-4 NT- the prototype. We are not running a pure 3-4 here

2) This front office isn't bringing in 33 years old stars and paying them, which is smart

3) Some 3-4 team will pay him, but not us. With Kyle, Mario and a new deal for Darius, we have more than allocated our share of the cap to the DL

Agree entirely. How much of the cap do we want on the DL? But there is an argument to keep throwing dollars at stopping the run until we finally can do it.

Agree entirely. How much of the cap do we want on the DL? But there is an argument to keep throwing dollars at stopping the run until we finally can do it.

Or throw money at the LB group. Lawson is great at setting the edge, but Kiko tended to make tackles that allowed the back an extra yard or two and Moats and Bradham were non factors.

IF schwartz is following his normal model look for most of your noteworthy contracts and high round picks to go to the line not the linebackers. avril, vandenbosch, suh, fairley, ansah.... i cant quote contracts but i think detroits highest lb drafted was a 5th rounder while he was there

Edited by NoSaint

Confirmed he's asked for a release NOW.

He was asked to take a paucity and restructure.

He's rather be a FA than be in NE.

Pats haven't spoken out about this yet.

Wilfork was set to make approx 7.5m in 2014.

No room for winners here.. Move along.

You misspelled "whiners."

And I wouldn't. I want football players on my team. Not prancing little girls who after an interception turn to the refs for a flag. Or does this:

And I wouldn't. I want football players on my team. Not prancing little girls who after an interception turn to the refs for a flag. Or does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9bRZjpgdh8

If Brady had a purse in his hands, that runner would have been beaten severely with it. LOL. It would be interesting to know the whole inside story with the Wilfork deal. Money? Injury? Conflict? We will never know the truth.

IF schwartz is following his normal model look for most of your noteworthy contracts and high round picks to go to the line not the linebackers. avril, vandenbosch, suh, fairley, ansah.... i cant quote contracts but i think detroits highest lb drafted was a 5th rounder while he was there

I'm keeping an eye on the Ravens/Jets/Browns for next years D coordinator. I hope I am wrong but I have no faith whatsoever in Jim Schwartz. It is just so much easier to stock an NFL defense if your DC can employ some deception. If Schwartz was the genius he was hyped to be....basically since he took over for GW in Tennessee.....then he would have a lot more blitz in his game. I will never forget Matt Flynn ripping his D for 6 TD passes. That was epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9bRZjpgdh8

If only Kelly had been able to play in this era, where QB's are protected like anything. He'd have been around another 5 years at least. Sigh.

maybe wilfork is washed up. but all that cap space and all that SUCK defending the run? do they have an excuse not to try him?

i remember when pat williams was washed up. and ted wahington. they were so old and washed up that they each had 6-7 more productive years after the bills gave up on them.

maybe wilfork is washed up. but all that cap space and all that SUCK defending the run? do they have an excuse not to try him?

i remember when pat williams was washed up. and ted wahington. they were so old and washed up that they each had 6-7 more productive years after the bills gave up on them.

Ted was let go because Greggo didn't want him. Pat was a FA and almost 32 and the Bills didn't think giving him a long-term big money deal was the right move. Both were mistakes in hindsight. But neither was old AND coming off an achilles injury.

I'm keeping an eye on the Ravens/Jets/Browns for next years D coordinator. I hope I am wrong but I have no faith whatsoever in Jim Schwartz. It is just so much easier to stock an NFL defense if your DC can employ some deception. If Schwartz was the genius he was hyped to be....basically since he took over for GW in Tennessee.....then he would have a lot more blitz in his game. I will never forget Matt Flynn ripping his D for 6 TD passes. That was epic.

Seattle uses one of the most straightforward Ds in the league. Just sayin. Edited by YoloinOhio

Seattle uses one of the most straightforward Ds in the league. Just sayin.

Pete Carroll as a defensive mind has proven himself FAR superior to genius Jim Schwartz......and Seattle had the extraordinary personnel to make their style work(with a little pharmaceutical assistance, IMO). Carroll's is NOT the same scheme Schwartz runs, which is important because I think his wide-nine is garbage and an awful fit for the Bills key player, Mario Williams. The Bills had average personnel on D to start the season last year but Pettine got extraordinary results out of a number of players who were not very good in the past. The only time Schwartz had success on D was in Tennessee when his D was loaded with talent. That was very brief. His tenure there was a study in mediocrity on D. He was a big step down from Gregg Williams. He has proven himself over time to not be a + coach, he is JAG. You get no synergy with him running things, at best he is only as good as his personnel matchups and that is not good enough. Contrast his work with the mix and match jobs that Rex and Pettine did in NY right thru this season..... and especially when Rex first took over an aging modestly talented D and took it to two AFC championships. The only hope I have for Schwartz is that he is going to CHANGE from what he has done in the past. SIGNIFICANTLY. Because IMO his defense in Detroit was a joke and his D in Tennessee was a failure.

Pete Carroll as a defensive mind has proven himself FAR superior to genius Jim Schwartz......and Seattle had the extraordinary personnel to make their style work(with a little pharmaceutical assistance, IMO). Carroll's is NOT the same scheme Schwartz runs, which is important because I think his wide-nine is garbage and an awful fit for the Bills key player, Mario Williams. The Bills had average personnel on D to start the season last year but Pettine got extraordinary results out of a number of players who were not very good in the past. The only time Schwartz had success on D was in Tennessee when his D was loaded with talent. That was very brief. His tenure there was a study in mediocrity on D. He was a big step down from Gregg Williams. He has proven himself over time to not be a + coach, he is JAG. You get no synergy with him running things, at best he is only as good as his personnel matchups and that is not good enough. Contrast his work with the mix and match jobs that Rex and Pettine did in NY right thru this season..... and especially when Rex first took over an aging modestly talented D and took it to two AFC championships. The only hope I have for Schwartz is that he is going to CHANGE from what he has done in the past. SIGNIFICANTLY. Because IMO his defense in Detroit was a joke and his D in Tennessee was a failure.

Sheesh. No one (at least not me) was comparing Schwartz to Carroll. Simply said not all successful Ds use deception.