Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The chances of Byrd being in Buffalo next year are about zero. He's a jerk, his agent is a bigger jerk and if the Bills franchise him again he'll play less than he did this year due to attitude. That and 10 other teams will want him. That and it's not cool to play in Buffalo. I'd love to be wrong about all of this.

The chances of Byrd being in Buffalo next year are about zero. He's a jerk, his agent is a bigger jerk and if the Bills franchise him again he'll play less than he did this year due to attitude. That and 10 other teams will want him. That and it's not cool to play in Buffalo. I'd love to be wrong about all of this.

No problem, you are.

Thanks for the great analysis!!

What is taking Russ so long to get this done. Pay the man. He had 10 starts and still made the Pro Bowl.

So long? Its February 13th, the season ended less than 2 weeks ago. Russ isn't the only person involved in the negotiations either

You don't justify a players worth because he made the Pro Bowl

Edited by Max997

Yes/Yes/Yes to the first three. If the Bills Franchise him, they will hold all the leverage. The Bills showed Byrd last year that they will willing to let him sit on the bench if he chooses to do that. I just don't about "It is not cool to play in Buffalo". There are 53 players suiting up every Sunday during Fall and early winter at RWS. However, I do undertsand that Byrd might want to move to a WC team and might be stalling any attempt by the Bills to re-sign him by jacking up his request.

The Bills can wipe everything by Franchising him and trading him for a 1st round pick in this years draft or pay him with a contract extension.

Yes/Yes/Yes to the first three. If the Bills Franchise him, they will hold all the leverage. The Bills showed Byrd last year that they will willing to let him sit on the bench if he chooses to do that. I just don't about "It is not cool to play in Buffalo". There are 53 players suiting up every Sunday during Fall and early winter at RWS. However, I do undertsand that Byrd might want to move to a WC team and might be stalling any attempt by the Bills to re-sign him by jacking up his request.

The Bills can wipe everything by Franchising him and trading him for a 1st round pick in this years draft or pay him with a contract extension.

You're not going to get a 1st round pick for him.

You're not going to get a 1st round pick for him.

I'd say mid-late 1st round, or a 2nd and some change would be the likely compensation for Byrd. The Bears, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles all have a tremendous need for a safety. Byrd is miles better than any safety in this draft and still young. Why wouldn't a team want a "sure deal" franchise safety with their 1st round pick? Seems logical to me.

I'd say mid-late 1st round, or a 2nd and some change would be the likely compensation for Byrd. The Bears, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, and Eagles all have a tremendous need for a safety. Byrd is miles better than any safety in this draft and still young. Why wouldn't a team want a "sure deal" franchise safety with their 1st round pick? Seems logical to me.

Because you can draft a pretty safe one and pay him peanuts in the late first

Because you can draft a pretty safe one and pay him peanuts in the late first

I get that, but some if these teams have the cap room and the need for a proven, plug and play safety. This safety class is especially weak IMO. All I'm saying is that it is not beyond the rhelm of possibility.

Whoa whoa whoa...stop the clock....

"Franchise safety"? What's nest, "franchise KR"?

Whoa whoa whoa...stop the clock....

"Franchise safety"? What's nest, "franchise KR"?

I don't understand your point here. Are you referring to the over usage of the qualifier "franchise" when describing a player's value to his team? You are arguing semantics.

Okay, so what would you call a player who is very clearly one of the best at his position? I'm okay with however you want to describe Byrd, but my main point remains the same. His trade value on the open market is far greater (IMO) than many folks on here would admit to. Especially given this weak safety class, and the high demand for quality players at the position.

Maybe they can trade him for a fourth round draft pick and then watch him play for the winning team in the Super Bowl.

No... It wouldn't be the same.... Byrd is a GOOD player.

Least Mode has about 4 highlight style runs that people around here seem to get a stiffy over.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

If they tag him again, they have until July 15 to reach a long term deal or trade. If they trade him would help if its on March 11 so we can look at other FA avail or trades. If Byrd doesn't want to be here, hope we find a better offer then a 4th rd like last year supposedly

From some tweets from Buddy "Nixon" who has a source at OBD, Byrd (Parker?) has given them a deadline of 3/1 that he wants to see an offer and it is looking like they will have a deal ready (done?) within 2 weeks. I am not at all confident he will end up on the Bills and not the Eagles, Skins or Bears.... but I really, really hope he does.

The same source made it sound like while they are making a huge effort to sign Byrd, they won't try as hard with Carrington due to Branch's extension and the new defensive scheme.

From some tweets from Buddy "Nixon" who has a source at OBD, Byrd (Parker?) has given them a deadline of 3/1 that he wants to see an offer and it is looking like they will have a deal ready (done?) within 2 weeks. I am not at all confident he will end up on the Bills and not the Eagles, Skins or Bears.... but I really, really hope he does.

The same source made it sound like while they are making a huge effort to sign Byrd, they won't try as hard with Carrington due to Branch's extension and the new defensive scheme.

Parker issued a deadline? So what happens if the deadline passes; Byrd turns into a pumpkin?

GO BILLS!!!

Parker issued a deadline? So what happens if the deadline passes; Byrd turns into a pumpkin?

GO BILLS!!!

Ha, I don't know. I'll find the tweet.

I found it and I think I thought the term "deadline" in my mind but it is certainly indicated as softer than that in the tweet:

Buddy Nixon@BuddyNixon Feb 8

Byrd told his agent he wants to have something solid before March 1st. I think the Bills step up and complete this. Via source

I found it and I think I thought the term "deadline" in my mind but it is certainly indicated as softer than that in the tweet:

Byrd told his agent he wants to have something solid before March 1st. I think the Bills step up and complete this. Via source

Ah, thanks. I get it now. Parker turns into a pumpkin.

GO BILLS!!!

well, we cant trade him between now and then, and he cant negotiate elsewhere, so it seems like byrd might actually have a desire to stay in buffalo. weird, from what i read around here.

Agreed. No way he's in Buffalo next year.

bye bye Birdie

he wants too much money..... $9 mil per season is ludicrous for a FS.

if he was worth $9 mil per season teams would be lining up to trade for him... No teams stepped up last year and I don't see other teams lining up this year to pay Byrd what he is asking for

some of you are real weirdos. arguably the bills best defensive player and you guys wanna run him out of town for wanting to be paid what he's worth... seriously some insane rational going on around here. i love the if he doesn't wanna play here lets trade the TYRD guys. no one wants to play in buffalo if you can play in a warm weather city or place with a winning tradition. not to mention the tax issues bills players pay for being the only actual NY team. guys wanna be in the NFL but news flash to you guys...BUFFALO is not a place young pro athletes wanna play. anyway the bills should do what needs to be done to retain byrd.