What is your second favorite NFL team?

Not really a fan, but I follow and watch the highlights of the Bucs. No one in school talks about the lame ol' Bills, other than the popular comment "They suck", and no one knows a thing about hockey so I had to create some kind of sport commonality between the others.

Its hard to have two favorite teams since just being a true fan of one takes so much time and emotional energy that it's crazy to have a second team, especially in the same sport.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthers...

Lived in Charlotte for 20 years...But REALLY started following them more when my Nephew became a fan and they drafted Cam... B-)

Remember the very first Bills/Panthers game in Charlotte? That was an awesome game. The Panthers thought that Oliver return for almost a TD was so exciting, but the Bills took it to them.

August 19, 1996 L, 0-24 BUFFALO 65,231

In fact, we've known each other for almost 20 years. MAN is that even possible? I feel so old now. Doing fantasy football on posterboard, Township eats...

Edited by BmoreBills

I don't have a second favorite, but tend to root for teams that have passionate fans, great organization from similar blue collar areas --- for example, I respect Packers, Steelers, Bears and Giants fans and tend to root for those teams when it doesn't interfere with the Bills interests (or fantasy football) ---- I think some fans are just obnoxious --- Pats, Jets, Eagles --- some disinterested, Falcons, Dolphins, Jags & Chargers ---- I also will gravitate to certain players that are class acts and hope they win --- the Mannings for example ---- I almost always root for the teams playing the Pats, Jets and Dolphins, too ---- it's funny, I can pretty much eliminate every team at one point or another, since the Bills do play every team at least once every four years ---- I guess push come to shove, I'd pick Packers or Giants ---

I lived in South Jersey for 9 years and sort of got to following the Eagles in the NFC a bit - plus i like their announcer so I'd probably go with them and as someone else noted, my wife roots for them - being a Philly girl - so that probably cements that). She;s also on notice that she cannot attend the Bills SB victory parade should we be so lucky to experience one in my life time....

I know it is unpopular here but my second favorite team is New England and Belichick, to me, might be the best coach I have ever seen in any sport.

this is a wt_ moment.

i wanna break something now. i'll settle for this coke can im just about finished with.

my second favorite team is whoever is playing the *pats*

i hate the chargers by the way, i know they are getting a lot of love

Not really a fan, but I follow and watch the highlights of the Bucs. No one in school talks about the lame ol' Bills, other than the popular comment "They suck", and no one knows a thing about hockey so I had to create some kind of sport commonality between the others.

Its hard to have two favorite teams since just being a true fan of one takes so much time and emotional energy that it's crazy to have a second team, especially in the same sport.

Oooohhh you called the bills lame. Oh and old. Death penalty.

Just kidding. The bills suck big time.

Duuuuuude, you can listen to WGR550 all day and night even thouugh you live in CNY. It's on the internet.

In the context I said, I thought it was implied that this is the reason why finally getting the internet in the 1999 season was the reason why I could finally follow the Bills, not as a case right now. Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear.

I know it is unpopular here but my second favorite team is New England and Belichick, to me, might be the best coach I have ever seen in any sport.

Yeeeah, yeah, no. You can't do that. That's against the rules. That's like cheering for Hitler and the Jews. It just doesn't work. You have to pick one.

I would have to say the New Orleans Saints. Partly cos I kinda found myself rooting for them in the wake of Katrina, and party because Drew Brees is my favourite Quarterback in the current NFL (not saying he is the best but he is my favourite). But I always find myself rooting for one team or the other in every play-off game. My ideal Superbowl from this point forward this year is Chargers v Saints. My nightmare Superbowl is Patriots v Niners.

But when the Bills played the Saints earlier in the year I wanted us to crush them... basically watching the Saints win a Superbowl just made me smile. I think if the Bills won the Superbowl I'd actually collapse in floods of happy tears.

Edited by GunnerBill

I'm surprised there's no leftover hatred for the Colts from their AFC East days. It wasn't that long ago.

There is for me. Hate Peyton still. Used to play my gators then my bills.

Hope chargers snap him in half. Count me as a Russell Wilson/Marshawn Lynch fan

Seahawks are a team I will watch. I'd say they are my #2 team. Way way way below the terrible Bills.

Bills first and foremost. I cannot like another team. I do root for the team that plays the 49ers, just to shut up the local fan base (the Raiders are too bad to have a rooting interest against). Honestly, my 2nd favorite team is my fantasy football team.

Been a fan of the Bills since I was very young. All the way back to the AFL championship days. I was a fan of Green Bay because my Sicilian dad loved Lombardi. So, I can watch Green Bay play and cheer for them. No other team interests me in the very least. Living in Indy has been rough these past 14 years of playoff drought.

I like Detroit because I like a lot of their players, and my Grandfather grew up there and rooted for them.

I also like Arizona and Carolina...as I lived near one (Panthers) and visited the other (Cardinals).

But, if I had to pick a "Favorite" second team, it would have to be the Seahawks...simply because of Wilson, Lynch and Sherman. I have always disliked Pete Carroll...but if the Bills could emulate any NFL team right now, I want to be the Seattle Seahawks.

Edited by DJshnooks

I have always liked the Seahawks, they just seem to have been pretty anonymous

for most of their existence. I like their fans, like both the old and the new stadiums, and

really like their unis. I don't want them to win the big one before the Bills do though!

Oh, and I really have liked certain players of theirs over the years, like Largent, Zorn,

Alexander, etc...

Edited by Tu-Toned

Yeeeah, yeah, no. You can't do that. That's against the rules. That's like cheering for Hitler and the Jews. It just doesn't work. You have to pick one.

agreed. I suppose he is also a fan of corporate bailouts, the IRS, and beelzebub

I root for the Bills.

Once they are eliminated, I root for the Pats. Can't help it. None of us can help who we root for, unless we are phony, fair-weather fans.