What is your second favorite NFL team?

Denver is my #2 ... that started back when John Elway was playing.

San Diego is my #3 .. although I want San Diego to beat Denver this weekend. Go Figure.

For some reason I am not liking Indy (too lucky getting Luck) and strangely would like NE to win, but then for NE to lose in AFC Championship game.

It appears that you've gone through a worm hole and now find yourself in an alternate universe. Good luck getting home. Maybe the Bills can at least make the playoffs there. Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whomever I bet on. Sometimes I love to bet the over, then you are just cheering for points. Nothing high stakes but even 10 bucks on a game gives a reason to root for a team or outcome.

If I don't have money on a game and the Bills aren't playing then I really don't care. I cheer for ND as well, so I like to see those former players do well.

I was living in Philadelphia the first year of the USFL. On a lark I went to the playoff game between the Stars and CHicago Blitz (coached by Marv Levy.) It was a really exciting OT win for the Stars and I was hooked. They were the dominant team in the USFL all three years. Sadly few of their best players did much in the NFL. RB Kelvin Bryant played for the Redskins. QB Chuck Fusina was a backup in Green Bay.

But one player did have a good NFL career: LB Sam Mills, who coach Jim Mora brought with him to New Orleans. Then later he would play in Carolina and have his #51 retired there. Sadly he passed away in 2005.

PTR

I remember the league & the Stars were one of the better teams, so were the NJ Generals & Tampa Bay Bandits. Those teams pretty much had the best overall talent in the league. A lot of guys from those teams jumped to the NFL when the league folded and had good careers in the NFL. One of those players we got from the Generals, was Kent Hull. I know Kelly was glad we picked Hull up. On the flip side of those teams, remember the Pittsburgh Maulers & worse yet, the hapless Washington Federals? Anyway, Promo, thanks for sharing. Go Bills!

I don't necessarily have a second favorite team, but I do enjoy watching certain players...I think, non-Bills, John Elway and Brett Favre have provided me with some pretty great football memories. I always kind of thought of the Broncos as my second favorite team, always pulled for them when they got clobbered in the Super Bowl...but it is really just Elway I liked. When Josh McDaniel coached the team, I hated them...

I also have an affinity (though won't necessarily call them my second favorite team) for tough luck teams like the Bills, such as Cleveland and Cincinnati. Similar kinds of cities to Buffalo, similar kinds of fans, who, unfortuanately for them, were born in the blood of some terrible franchises. The Bengals were my team going into the playoffs this year...but now, pulling for the Panthers most (I like Cam), but would be fine with any other teams winning the whole thing, unless they reside in Foxboro, or are coached by ultra-douche bag coaches Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll. I sometimes think my dislike of other teams is much stronger than my like for any other teams. Bills all the way....

Same here. To be honest, wish I could root wholeheartedly for Seattle but Carroll is a total douche.

I like seeing Indy succeed because one of my friends is a lifelong fan from Indy, and I appreciated the Polian connection. That they were perennially competing with the Pats made me side with them more.

Past players / teams I've appreciated

- the Giants (always a special place in my heart for beating the Pats twice in the big one, plus semi-local)

- Randall Cunningham-era Eagles

- Brees / Saints

- Vikings - saw parallels with the Bills' past, interest waned with Moss and their recent struggles/ineptitude

- Lions - see Vikings, loved Barry Sanders and could watch Calvin Johnson all day

Never heard of the guy.

Hell of a catcher.

My father in law likes the Giants. The Giants and Bills are televised in my area. I like Eli and Coughlin. I want to like the Giants, but it's hard.

Same here. XXV will never die in the memory, and even if Parcells and Belicheck and crew are gone, it's a bitter one.

I did soften when they played the Pats in the SB.

Even though they're a smidge farther away from me than the Steelers (who I could never, ever, EVER watch, let alone root for) and because they share a front-row seat, just like the Bills, to the toilet bowl that is Lake Erie, I have a soft spot for the Browns. It doesn't hurt that the fan base is very relatable, what with years of terrible play and less than stellar management.

If the Bills ever pulled an Irsay and left in the middle of the night, I think it would be an easy transition to watching Browns games. I couldn't just up and stop watching football, and I would need someone to root for... At least I wouldn't be jumping to a popular team.

I like Carolina. Cam Newton is one of the most interesting players to watch and has the potential to change the game. He is unique and I'm looking forward to watching Cam go HAM tomorrow. Plus that defense is fierce and I've always liked Steve Smith too. Another decent receiver over there and this team is in the top 3.