Sprained knee on EJ

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go blowing smoke, bro. I can't handle the anticipation! Don't get my hopes up!

KC sounds like a real possibility at this point.

2 weeks of strength and rehab. 1 week of game planning and practice

Edited by Bangarang

If this is true then it sounds like a Grade 1 sprain, which means EJ could be back by the KC game.

Gonna sound crazy, and we still don't know, but I swear, watching that Browns game, the way they showed EJ moving around after the injury, I really was sure he would be back the next week, if not in that game.

I know that means little, but I also thought it was odd that they declared him out 4-8 weeks so abruptly. I have sprained a knee before (as well as ankles many times) and I am far from a well trained athlete (really far at this point!), and I realize there are varying degrees of sprains...but I can't remember one ever lasting a month or two...and I never had the luxury of spending day after day getting medical attention on the sprain. I realize it is silly to compare myself to an athlete, but I really had a hunch he would be back sooner than they were predicting. In Marrones' short tenure I am getting the feeling that he (or maybe he and the front office) are ones who assume the worst case scenario.

Enjoying the Thaddeus Lewis show, but I wan the EJ Manuel project to get back on schedule asap!

Gonna sound crazy, and we still don't know, but I swear, watching that Browns game, the way they showed EJ moving around after the injury, I really was sure he would be back the next week, if not in that game.

I know that means little, but I also thought it was odd that they declared him out 4-8 weeks so abruptly. I have sprained a knee before (as well as ankles many times) and I am far from a well trained athlete (really far at this point!), and I realize there are varying degrees of sprains...but I can't remember one ever lasting a month or two...and I never had the luxury of spending day after day getting medical attention on the sprain. I realize it is silly to compare myself to an athlete, but I really had a hunch he would be back sooner than they were predicting. In Marrones' short tenure I am getting the feeling that he (or maybe he and the front office) are ones who assume the worst case scenario.

Enjoying the Thaddeus Lewis show, but I wan the EJ Manuel project to get back on schedule asap!

I think "they" was some NFL network guy's speculation... and the whole media ran with it. The Bills never said 4-8.

I think "they" was some NFL network guy's speculation... and the whole media ran with it. The Bills never said 4-8.

I just combed through the twitter feeds of Chris Brown and the Buffalo Bills to prove you wrong...by golly, I think you're right.

Wow. Just goes to show you what consistency in messaging will do. I've had 6-8 weeks ingrained in my mind this whole time!

Of course, we all know what the national media narrative will be IF he comes back for KC:

Originally slated to be out 6-8 weeks, EJ Manuel rushing back against a sack happy Chiefs defense, Neck Wad what do you think?

Well the Bills are desperate, of course. And there's no question this is the wrong thing to do. They're not going to the playoffs this year, why risk the health of their up and coming quarterback? The prognosis was 6-8 weeks, and obviously Doug Marrone is starting to feel some heat there in Buffalo to keep his job. You have to question this decision by the Bills coaching staff, and if I'm EJ Manuel, I'm questioning whose interest they're really watching out for.

Thanks, Neck Wad. We'll be back in a moment, and when we return, more analysis of our top story: Should the Falcons bring in Tebow to help right the ship? We say yes. Don't go anywhere.

I just combed through the twitter feeds of Chris Brown and the Buffalo Bills to prove you wrong...by golly, I think you're right.

Wow. Just goes to show you what consistency in messaging will do. I've had 6-8 weeks ingrained in my mind this whole time!

Of course, we all know what the national media narrative will be IF he comes back for KC:

Originally slated to be out 6-8 weeks, EJ Manuel rushing back against a sack happy Chiefs defense, Neck Wad what do you think?

Well the Bills are desperate, of course. And there's no question this is the wrong thing to do. They're not going to the playoffs this year, why risk the health of their up and coming quarterback? The prognosis was 6-8 weeks, and obviously Doug Marrone is starting to feel some heat there in Buffalo to keep his job. You have to question this decision by the Bills coaching staff, and if I'm EJ Manuel, I'm questioning whose interest they're really watching out for.

Thanks, Neck Wad. We'll be back in a moment, and when we return, more analysis of our top story: Should the Falcons bring in Tebow to help right the ship? We say yes. Don't go anywhere.

Haha! That's about right :) - By the way not only did the media run with it, most Buf fans ran with it too . but hey we'll see. Maybe they'll be right still, I just doubt it.

I was always thinking 3 on the short end, and expecting him back by then based on his commitment to being on the field. DeMarco Murray has the same injury just from this past Sunday and said he might play this week. I know there are different degrees of sprains, but I don't know why it would take that long (6-8).

Yes, I believe it was pure speculation, as Bills only said "a few weeks". I believe that d-bag Buscaglia was first to say 4-8, according to a "source" which was probably his college pal who's a PA or something. These media types always have to be first with the "scoop" whether it's entirely accurate or not.

Marrone's last presser I saw, yesterday i think, he indicated that they have been in a holding pattern all along until swelling came down so they could assess the damage then provide a timetable. He even mentioned that he'd heard there were a bunch of speculative timelines out there, but he expects he can actually provide a time table later this week after some rehab e v a l.

Everything else put there appeared speculative based on the assumed injury.

Agreed.

Source?

"Sources deep within." :devil: (In other words his opinion)

Yes, I believe it was pure speculation, as Bills only said "a few weeks". I believe that d-bag Buscaglia was first to say 4-8, according to a "source" which was probably his college pal who's a PA or something. These media types always have to be first with the "scoop" whether it's entirely accurate or not.

Any reasoning behind your Buscaglia is a D-bag stance other than you speculating about his speculation? To me anyway, Buscaglia seems like the most respectable local reporter covering the Bills.

Any reasoning behind your Buscaglia is a D-bag stance other than you speculating about his speculation? To me anyway, Buscaglia seems like the most respectable local reporter covering the Bills.

Just my opinion. I don't care for the guy's reports on WGR. Kind of a milquetoast, master of the obvious type guy. His style just bores me, more like a meteorologist than sports reporter type. And a buddy with connections got a text from a Bills starter saying as much when asked about his report on EJ injury, FWIW

As an unabashed critic of our local "media" I will stand by Buscaglia as the only one worth my time. He's not a homer nor always taking the negative angle. He takes a measured approach to his analysis, forgot more than the others know, and comes through with analysis based on rational thought rather than a need to be emotional, ouandish or miserable as a means to move the needle. Guys like him end up at national outlets, the rest are lifers here.

Funny that Marrone said this as well:

"I want to make sure that he’s healthy when he comes back. Just because you say four to six, it can be four, it can be six. It can be three or seven."

So apparently he could still come back earlier...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/EJ-Manuel-out-at-least-another-month/226a93ff-d8bc-45af-b350-819166232240?camapign=tw_buf_article

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I will stand by Buscaglia as the only one worth my time. He's not a homer nor always taking the negative angle. He takes a measured approach to his analysis, forgot more than the others know, and comes through with analysis based on rational thought rather than a need to be emotional, ouandish or miserable as a means to move the needle. Guys like him end up at national outlets, the rest are lifers here.

Agree.

kind of stinks he will miss so much time. On the other hand he comes back for December. EJ needs more playing time this year, it would be great if he came back and led the Bills on a push for the playoffs. Hopefully Thad stays healthy and the D rises up and gets the Bills to 500 by then.

I understand what you are saying,,,but at 2-4 if the Bills were to make a playoff push it starts this week. And if they are still in the hunt in 4-6 weeks, ( that would mean possible 4-2 or 5-1 in those games ) I would think that they would stay with what has been working.

All the Best

Clearly...I can't think of one other starting QB in the league that would get hurt from a hit on the knee...

...except for maybe Brady, RG3, Rivers, Palmer, Cutler, all of whom had season-ending knee injuries at some point

the dude has been hurt what now three weeks. Jim kelly was hurt how often?