Sprained knee on EJ

agree. If EJ finishes out the game we probably win. A whole bunch of 3 and outs by Tuel killed us in the 4th quarter.

+100. This offense is built for EJ. He was playing well and even if the game went just as it did un til the last drive and we needed a TD to win, I absolutely feel EJ drives and we get the W. I wish the Bills had a more viable backup for him, but they tried with Kolb and he is out. I would like to see them get Freeman, but he apparently has his choice of treams and will want to go somewhere he can be the starter eventually. I don't think that is here. I can see him going tlo Houston.

Y'know, I really don't understand this.Yes, he makes some bone-headed throws and he has many things he needs to get better at, but there are QBs wearing SB rings who make bone-headed throws and need to get better at some things. However, he also does a lot of things that give me great hope unlike any other quarterback we've had in years. He's a first-year kid running a hurry-up offense against defenses he's never seen before, and yet he helps keep us in games more often than not. He looked pretty damn impressive to me, given these conditions.

While I recognize I have no way to back this up, if Manuel stays in the game last night, the Bills win it with or without Hoyer in the game.

EJ is extremely talented. He is hard to defend. He has a great future. The best thing the Bills did was not let him back in that game. We need him for the long haul, I don't care about the stupid Browns game.

Also, I am pissed that the local media in Ohio is saying Kiko's hit on Hoyer is a penalty, fineable and dirty. Serously? How about the guy who went right at EJ's knew and then you could see a Browns player fist pump when he went out? Plus there were taunting penalties not called on the Browns when they were called on the Bills. I really dislike the opposing team cheering that a guy is hurt.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! Jeff Tuel couldn't make a CFL roster.

He looked scared out there and was playing with backup WRs. I felt bad for him. But that's life in the NFL - he won't last long. With EJ - it is the old adage, "you don't know what you got til its gone." Anyone who was complaining about him during the game probably would have done about anything to have him out there engineering that 2 minute drive, eh?

Quite frankly, a hit of that caliber almost certainly means that he has a partial, if not complete, tear of his MCL. Technically, there is no such thing as a sprained knee. So what does this mean? Buffalo better get Josh Freemans agent on the phone cause EJ will be out for a while. Whaley/Marrone should NOT put the faith of the organization in Tuels hands? Its bad enough that people pay high prices for these tickets as well as the ridiculous prices for DirecTv. Buffalo owes it to the fans to put the best possible product on the field. Shawn Powell was an obvious cut. Not sure why Rogers wasn't cut as well or Brown.

Quite frankly, a hit of that caliber almost certainly means that he has a partial, if not complete, tear of his MCL. Technically, there is no such thing as a sprained knee. So what does this mean? Buffalo better get Josh Freemans agent on the phone cause EJ will be out for a while. Whaley/Marrone should NOT put the faith of the organization in Tuels hands? Its bad enough that people pay high prices for these tickets as well as the ridiculous prices for DirecTv. Buffalo owes it to the fans to put the best possible product on the field. Shawn Powell was an obvious cut. Not sure why Rogers wasn't cut as well or Brown.

Braxton Miller at OSU had an MCL sprain in week 2 - he missed 2.5 games but could have been back after 1 if needed. They didn't need him so he kept resting it. It is actually something that, from what I understand, a running QB is going to be less efective when it comes to cutting if he is playing with it but playing with it will not worsen the injury, it is a soreness thing.

I don't believe I said anything about being done with him, I asked a question about what leads this poster to believe Tuel has promise.

EDIT: And since when does Jeff Tuel = Tom Brady?

You are ready to judge him based on one qtr of play. Even after one qtr, Brady didn't look too hot either.

who knows if tuel is going to be good or even great, but I am not going to judge his ability to play in the NFL based on the horrible situation he was placed into last night.

You are ready to judge him based on one qtr of play. Even after one qtr, Brady didn't look too hot either.

who knows if tuel is going to be good or even great, but I am not going to judge his ability to play in the NFL based on the horrible situation he was placed into last night.

True, he may be better (1) at home, (2) with a week of practice with the 1's and getting all the reps.

Ya sorry im on my stupid phone and didnt want to elaborate. I meant i thought his season was over when he got hit seeing his leg fly back.

To me it closely resembled the hit RG3 took last season that messed up his knee. Of course RG's knee flapped in all different directions that your knee is not supposed to go

agree. If EJ finishes out the game we probably win. A whole bunch of 3 and outs by Tuel killed us in the 4th quarter.

I saw nothing in EJ's game last night to show he was capable of pulling it out

Gave me schedule leaks, told me Kolb was in town 2 days before anyone reported it...they definitely know...just a matter of if the MRI is better than they suspect

i trust your sincerity, but you cover your bases with the MRI. If EJ plays next week, never answer a text from your source again. No way a work up by a doctor or PT would be so radically off from an MRI....God I hope your'e wrong

True, he may be better (1) at home, (2) with a week of practice with the 1's and getting all the reps.

I guarantee you that if he was home yesterday and we didn't start every drive inside our own 10, you would have seen a totally different performance. This was his first NFL action, and it was a tough spot to be in.

@buffalobills #Bills co-captain Eric Wood: #Browns actions post EJ hit “classless” http://ow.ly/pvfXR(via @ChrisBrownBills)

“The hit was fine, what ticked me off was the way they acted afterwards,” said Bills co-captain Eric Wood. ”I hope our defense never acts like that when they injure an opposing quarterback. You’ve got to show some class in that situation. There’s a few guys over there that obviously didn’t.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I agree 100%. The offense was clicking; two straight TD drives. Those three straight 3-and-outs after Tuel came in sucked the life out of the Bills.

Looks like Manuel going out sucked the life out of the D too...they immediately gave up two quick deep balls to let them tie it...

To me it closely resembled the hit RG3 took last season that messed up his knee. Of course RG's knee flapped in all different directions that your knee is not supposed to go

I saw nothing in EJ's game last night to show he was capable of pulling it out

I thought EJ was playing well. The game was this wierd succession of unanswered points by both teams, and EJ looked like he was on his way to taking his turn again on another run of points when he took that hit.

i trust your sincerity, but you cover your bases with the MRI. If EJ plays next week, never answer a text from your source again. No way a work up by a doctor or PT would be so radically off from an MRI....God I hope your'e wrong

All that I can say is he would 100% know. They are preparing for 6-10 weeks as of this morning. I guess my point is that there is zero chance that my source is misinformed. The only thing is that the MRI today may show something different than last night. I am not holding my breath but crossing my fingers.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

An initial diagnosis and MRI can be very far off. I know someone who had a torn ACL and 2 meniscus tears - initial diagnosis was "probably just bruised, ice it". MRI told a different story. By the way, it was a very experienced orthopedic surgeon with a knee specialty who was, at the time, an NFL team physician. So, the MRI will tell the tale, until then, just hope for the best.