Sprained knee on EJ

me too man. the only concern I really have (beyond EJ's health) is Hackett. He's still a question mark for me. I don't know how much of this playcalling is held back b/c of a rookie QB or if this is how it'll be going forward.

I agree about Hackett, but I also question the special teams coach....wondered at the time he was hired. One of Marrone's gumba's, I think.

+100. This offense is built for EJ. He was playing well and even if the game went just as it did un til the last drive and we needed a TD to win, I absolutely feel EJ drives and we get the W. I wish the Bills had a more viable backup for him, but they tried with Kolb and he is out. I would like to see them get Freeman, but he apparently has his choice of treams and will want to go somewhere he can be the starter eventually. I don't think that is here. I can see him going tlo Houston.

EJ is extremely talented. He is hard to defend. He has a great future. The best thing the Bills did was not let him back in that game. We need him for the long haul, I don't care about the stupid Browns game.

Also, I am pissed that the local media in Ohio is saying Kiko's hit on Hoyer is a penalty, fineable and dirty. Serously? How about the guy who went right at EJ's knew and then you could see a Browns player fist pump when he went out? Plus there were taunting penalties not called on the Browns when they were called on the Bills. I really dislike the opposing team cheering that a guy is hurt.

Yes, some questionable officiating the year. But, yesterday was not near as bad as the Baltimore game.....I never saw so many bad calls and missed calls. that business on the Baltimore O line was crazy. The guard was moving in advance on every play, and they call it once during the game. I was there, and I saw it. Funny, very visible from the lower bowl, and not visible on the field.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you want if EJ is out?

Quarterback

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Tyler Thigpen

Byron Leftwich

David Carr

Trent Edwards

Charlie Batch

John Skelton

John Beck

Caleb Hanie

Mike Kafka

Tim Tebow

JaMarcus Russell

Stephen McGee

Dennis Dixon

Graham Harrell

B.J. Coleman

Jordan Palmer

Pat White

Nathan Enderle

John Parker Wilson

Levi Brown

Jerrod Johnson

G.J. Kinne

LOL that 5 have already taken a turn in a Bills uni. Furthermore, did Losman sign with someone? This list was updated 10/1 and he's not on it. Merely curious.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Quarterback

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Tyler Thigpen

Byron Leftwich

David Carr

Trent Edwards

Charlie Batch

John Skelton

John Beck

Caleb Hanie

Mike Kafka

Tim Tebow

JaMarcus Russell

Stephen McGee

Dennis Dixon

Graham Harrell

B.J. Coleman

Jordan Palmer

Pat White

Nathan Enderle

John Parker Wilson

Levi Brown

Jerrod Johnson

G.J. Kinne

LOL that 5 have already taken a turn in a Bills uni. Furthermore, did Losman sign with someone? This list was updated 10/1 and he's not on it. Merely curious.

Thats a depressing list.

Losman formally retired btw.

@buffalobills #Bills co-captain Eric Wood: #Browns actions post EJ hit “classless” http://ow.ly/pvfXR(via @ChrisBrownBills)

“The hit was fine, what ticked me off was the way they acted afterwards,” said Bills co-captain Eric Wood. ”I hope our defense never acts like that when they injure an opposing quarterback. You’ve got to show some class in that situation. There’s a few guys over there that obviously didn’t.”

Glad Wood has the balls to say it. I used to have a lot of respect for Cleveland and its fans, because they've suffered as badly as we have. Now I've lost that respect, both for the team and for its fans. There was a lot of cheering going on when Manuel was injured, including on the field and in the stands. It was really classless.

I can get that they were reacting to what they thought was a cheap shot by Kiko on their QB, but really, it's not like Bills players and fans were whooping it up when Hoyer was folded like a pretzel. (Plus, I really didn't think it was a cheap shot.)

Really a bummer, because I almost liked having another team just like our to commiserate with.

On the Manuel front, the thing that looked encouraging to me (from a medical standpoint) is that the knee wasn't planted in the ground when it was hit. That's what often causes the ligaments to shred. It looked to me like a pop right on the knee, which isn't good, but not nearly as bad as if the foot was planted on the ground at the moment of impact.

We'll see -- I think he'll be good to go with some extra rest, but you never know.

Glad Wood has the balls to say it. I used to have a lot of respect for Cleveland and its fans, because they've suffered as badly as we have. Now I've lost that respect, both for the team and for its fans. There was a lot of cheering going on when Manuel was injured, including on the field and in the stands. It was really classless.

I can get that they were reacting to what they thought was a cheap shot by Kiko on their QB, but really, it's not like Bills players and fans were whooping it up when Hoyer was folded like a pretzel. (Plus, I really didn't think it was a cheap shot.)

Really a bummer, because I almost liked having another team just like our to commiserate with.

On the Manuel front, the thing that looked encouraging to me (from a medical standpoint) is that the knee wasn't planted in the ground when it was hit. That's what often causes the ligaments to shred. It looked to me like a pop right on the knee, which isn't good, but not nearly as bad as if the foot was planted on the ground at the moment of impact.

We'll see -- I think he'll be good to go with some extra rest, but you never know.

Rubes do you think the fact that EJ was walking around, doing drop backs and riding a bike bodes well (relatively) for the injury?

List doesn't include Practice Squad guys... not sure now that all works.

We can sign anyone off another teams PS and would have to put him on our active roster. We inform their agent that we want to sign him and make a contract offer. The agent then usually tells the other team and if that team wants to match or beat our offer they can, although they have to put him on their active roster. The player, if he receives two offers, can choose which one to sign.

Wood is the man. Calls it like it is. Love it. Also, a very good player.

Quarterback

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Tyler Thigpen

Byron Leftwich

David Carr

Trent Edwards

Charlie Batch

John Skelton

John Beck

Caleb Hanie

Mike Kafka

Tim Tebow

JaMarcus Russell

Stephen McGee

Dennis Dixon

Graham Harrell

B.J. Coleman

Jordan Palmer

Pat White

Nathan Enderle

John Parker Wilson

Levi Brown

Jerrod Johnson

G.J. Kinne

I'll take Batch, assuming he is still in shape. Great veteran presence, solid player, won't try to play outside himself. If not, Pat White. I thought he looked decent in the preseason.

a

Incarcerated bob (FWIW) **.

Says EJ done for season.

That can't be true. he was walking on the sidelines and riding a bike?!? that would be the bummer of all bummers and cement us with a 3-13 type of season.

That can't be true. he was walking on the sidelines and riding a bike?!? that would be the bummer of all bummers and cement us with a 3-13 type of season.

Knee injuries are a funny thing. He certainly could have something structurally wrong that will require surgery.

Edited by gregor7777

Philip Rivers finished the AFC championship game with a torn ACL. He of course had to shut it down for the next 8 months or so after that.

Thats typically how ligament problems work. I tore my mcl once. Hurt like a mofo for about 5 minutes. After that I felt fine. Next morning was a different story though.