Sprained knee on EJ

i know what you mean. But they are 2-3 overall with the Pats* at 4-0 and the Phins at 3-1. And maybe more important, the Bills are 0-2 in the division and 1-3 in the conference. And starting what you think is a capable backup for a game or two is what you do when your #1 goes down, not panic shopping.

Also, if Marrone thought Tuel was a capable backup before, last night should not have changed his mind so quickly.

If Marrone did not think Tuel was an adequate backup that begs the even more disturbing question, why in the world would Marrone and Whaley allow the situation to exist where if their #1 went down they immediately need to go into a panic mode to hire someone off the street.

I agree with your first paragraph in theory. But it's your second paragraph that has the most interesting spin. And it's a valid question -- to me it's not Whaley or Marrone who positioned the roster this way, it's Russ/Ralph/Overdork who are still running this team on the cheap. They pay for 12 spots on the roster and the other 40 they fill with cheap players who are exposed over and over again when forced to step up. It's the same pattern that's been going on for the past decade.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow brings out the crazy. Good grief. Which, I guess, is reason to stay away from him, and that is unfortunate.

He's a terrible thrower. We get it. But he's a tremendous athlete who has a knack for winning.

To beat a dead horse, the kid took the freaking Broncos to the freaking playoffs and beat the freaking Steelers. He's freaking good enough for a couple of freaking games already.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself even more now. The first sentence is all you need... Tebow is a locker room cancer. END OF STORY.

And yet, for someone who doesn't like him you continue to defend him. You're wrong. He's garbage, the entire league knows it. He divides every locker room he enters (which is more damning than his terrible mechanics). Calling for Tebow to be signed lowers the Football IQ of the entire board.

Stop it.

Lowers the football IQ of the entire board, you say? In that case, I'd like to hear your opinion of this! :w00t:

It's unfortunate that his name is so toxic. It's mindless, IMO, but I guess reason enough to stay away from him.

His name isn't toxic, HE IS. That's the difference.

Lowers the football IQ of the entire board, you say? In that case, I'd like to hear your opinion of this! :w00t:

:lol: :lol: He's such a Tuel.

Ya, WGR said will miss a few weeks. They're not going to rush this. We're 2-3 with a tough schedule coming up and no back-up on the roster currently. Season over folks. Fun while it lasted! No point on rushing EJ back. Wait until he's 100% and hopefully he'll be back by week 9 or so to finish out the season. Top 10 pick again here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bag:

Well, this was a rebuilding year. I personally am looking forward to this team making a run over the last 8 games. 3-5 for first 8 games, then 5-3 last 8 for 8 and 8 record, that would be great progress and keeps them in the hunt all year. The best we get to anticipate. They could also lose out vs. bengals, fins and Saints, too, for 2 and 6. Don't need a QB to run the ball, so maybe I am too pessimistic, heck the Browns did it with Brian f ing Hoyer and Willis, McG for goodness' sake !!

No one is calling for him "to be signed". You should read more and criticize Tim Tebow less.

The original poster asked if Tebow should be considered in the discussion here. I think he should be.

Doesn't mean he wins the job. It means he earns a spot in the discussion. Not sure what you watched last night, but guess what? All games started by Teul will be Bills losses, guaranteed.

I actually think Tebow's odds of some success are greater.

I am certainly open to other suggestions as well, though no one that is brought in like this will be worth a damned. You get that part, right?

With all due respect that experiment just needs to be perminantly over. Tuel has upside, Tebow has peaked. His best shot at being a legit QB is to change his name and go back to college.

No one is calling for him "to be signed". You should read more and criticize Tim Tebow less.

The original poster asked if Tebow should be considered in the discussion here. I think he should be.

Doesn't mean he wins the job. It means he earns a spot in the discussion. Not sure what you watched last night, but guess what? All games started by Teul will be Bills losses, guaranteed.

I actually think Tebow's odds of some success are greater.

I am certainly open to other suggestions as well, though no one that is brought in like this will be worth a damned. You get that part, right?

I would go with Tuel vs. Cinci, that bed is made IMO. After that, who knows. Could be anyone. not sure how you get a QB up to speed in 5 or 6 days.

So you address Kelly the dog like you're speaking to God? Because he agrees with you on Tebow?

Considering his post was about Freeman and didn't mention Tebow, no.

You would address him in the same fashion if you stood next to him at the urinal though... just saying.

You're getting a little carried away. Fact: Tebow has more playoff appearances than anyone on the Bills' offense.

Awesome.

And Rob Johnson has a super bowl ring.

I agree with your first paragraph in theory. But it's your second paragraph that has the most interesting spin. And it's a valid question -- to me it's not Whaley or Marrone who positioned the roster this way, it's Russ/Ralph/Overdork who are still running this team on the cheap. They pay for 12 spots on the roster and the other 40 they fill with cheap players who are exposed over and over again when forced to step up. It's the same pattern that's been going on for the past decade.

so right on the money

Wrong. Legursky was on a Super Bowl winner and two AFC Championships with. Steelers. ;)

Good call. Maybe Chandler was in a playoff appearance too perhaps with the cowboys? Or maybe he didn't start..i dunno. So much for that fact!..lol. Rephrase: Tebow has more playoff victories than any starter on our offense. :unsure:

Is anyone else concerned about EJs terrible footwork. I am a huge fan and believe the kid will be a good player for years to come but my god was he terrible with people around him. Peyton had happy feet for 2 years but he could overcome it with his arm and talent. EJ isn't cut from that cloth, when he sets and throws hes like a unicorn running through a valley, when hes rushed he looks like he is throwing the ball with his less dominant hand. Hackett as the OC leaves a lot to be desired, some calls are great others are terrrrible, its the NFL you cant run the same offense with Tuel as you do with EJ, the read option does not work!! At least EJ has to keep it a few times to make teams stay honest, way too predictable IMO. Hopefully next week we rebound after a Cincy team who has to play the Patsies.