Sprained knee on EJ

What does that mean?

CBF

They're being coy about exactly what "ramp up" means:

Past the idea of his quarterback being expected to "ramp it up," Marrone would not go into any further detail of what that could mean for the short-term in a practice setting.

"And I can't answer the question, 'Is he gonna be practicing or not?'" he said. "I don't want to get into that and have it explode, but he's going to be working extremely hard to a level of a great stage for where we should be."

The head coach did concede that since they were heightening his workload this coming week, that he is getting closer to a potential return to practice. In his time away from practice, Manuel has been doing some cardio and strength work to prepare for the time in which doctors cleared him to return.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather he waits until the buy week is over. Take no risks and let him play the last 5 games to gain the experience for next year and beyond.

thats been my thought from the begining as the earliest he would come back...why not take the extra week just to be sure

thats been my thought from the begining as the earliest he would come back...why not take the extra week just to be sure

Be sure of what?? If he is cleared, he is cleared... Slap a brace on it and get his azz in there. We need him in there to find out if the kid is going to be the guy or not. we arent going to learn that with him in a t shirt.

Star QBs are not coddled to success.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

If he's medically cleared, PLAY HIM ! . . . . he needs to continue to develop and the only way to do that is by playing --- and the organization needs to see continued progress to be sure he's the guy --- he's only played 4 1/2 regular season games --- I wouldn't risk an injury, but if he's healthy he needs to play --- think about it, even if we have an eye on the future, next year or year after -- these games are critical to his development, to ensure we have a good QB to make playoff push in 2014 ---

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Be sure of what?? If he is cleared, he is cleared... Slap a brace on it and get his azz in there. We need him in there to find out if the kid is going to be the guy or not. we arent going to learn that with him in a t shirt.

Exactly. If he's healed and ready, then put him in. There's always a risk to getting injured whether he waits an extra week or not.

RG III was medically cleared to play at the end of last season. He aggravated and worsened an existing injury, and might never be the same player he was a year ago.

Why don't you ask Shanahan and the Redskins fans if they with they'd waited to be sure he was OK before putting him back in.

The Bills have an outside shot at the second wildcard slot. So do half the teams in the AFC. I would love for them to make the playoffs after all these years, but let's face it, they'll get killed if they get far enough to play Denver. Making the playoffs this year would feel great but have nothing to do with the real goal, winning the Super Bowl.

I would be fine with Manuel sitting till after the bye week.

Aaron Rodgers says hi.

RG III was medically cleared to play at the end of last season. He aggravated and worsened an existing injury, and might never be the same player he was a year ago.

Why don't you ask Shanahan and the Redskins fans if they with they'd waited to be sure he was OK before putting him back in.

The Bills have an outside shot at the second wildcard slot. So do half the teams in the AFC. I would love for them to make the playoffs after all these years, but let's face it, they'll get killed if they get far enough to play Denver. Making the playoffs this year would feel great but have nothing to do with the real goal, winning the Super Bowl.

Any Dr. and any moron with eyes could see that there was no way RG3 was ready to play last year during that playoff game and most everybody feels he was rushed back --- let me qualify my statement -- "Assuming Manuel is medically cleared by a competent Dr., he should play"

Again, if EJ is medically cleared to play next week, why shouldn't he play? You just said RG III wasn't medically cleared... That explains everything. That was Shanahan being a complete moron.

Aaron Rodgers says hi.

ha! True.

I think that the RGIII injury has every team on high alert about rushing a player and specifically a QB back. When EJ is ready we will see him back in there.

Lets hope EJ has watched how Thad has protected himself and learned to slide. After the big hit yesterday you can tell Marrone told Thad 'we can not lose you'. OR his ribs told him to get the heck down! Ha

The redskins stayed in the game against Denver for over two quarters yesterday, and quite frankly could have stayed in it if RGIII and their backup didn't keep throwing so many picks.

Point is, the playoffs are the playoffs, anything can happen. Making the playoffs would mean more than "feeling great", it would be a significant step for this organization. When our team isn't perceived as a joke we won't get star players wanting out of here when their contracts expire.

Even if EJ is ready physically, I have to wonder if he would be mentally ready for the Jets game. He would have had a long stretch on inactivity, would have lost time on chemistry with his receivers and then would be going up against the defense that smacked him around for the worst game of his career the first time they met. In contrast, if he's held he would get an extra week with the bye to catch up and heal, and then go to play a team with the defense in the bottom half of the league instead of the top 5 and would be a better way to ease himself back before going against the Bucs and Jags (two of the worst teams in the league)

I have a feeling that this might get a few sideways glances from people, but I think it had to be said. Of course, if EJ is injured anway, or somehow makes an early recovery to go against the Steelers, then that makes it a moot point.

@buffalobills

Marrone on EJ Manuel's return to practice: "He looked good out there"

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: Thad Lewis (sore ribs) did not participate in practice. EJ Manuel was limited, but will not play.

I think Marrone is doing the right thing. There is no rush to bring a half-baked EJ back. They already got burned by it with Spiller.

I'm no trainer and have no inside knowledge, but based upon the fact EJ is back out on the field, I'd like to think he'll be a full go by next Wednesday and in position to return to the lineup at Pittsburgh.

I'm no trainer and have no inside knowledge, but based upon the fact EJ is back out on the field, I'd like to think he'll be a full go by next Wednesday and in position to return to the lineup at Pittsburgh.

I agree and thought as much hearing he was going to be looked at the begining of this week.

Exactly. Rushing back your rookie QB on a 4th place team would be insane.

Except if you don't believe your team is a 4th place team and are fighting to get into playoff position. There's a very legitimate argument that Buffalo would have been 4-4 or 5-3 right now if EJ had been playing all along.