Sprained knee on EJ

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question with the Bengals 9 days away:

Plan A would be Josh Freeman - if his head is screwed on straight.

THat said, I'm considering it a given that we will not pass the ball effectively that day. Tuel is a marginal talent with no arm strength to speak of, and 9 days is not enough time for an outsider to effectively assimilate into the offense.

Wouldn't the FO consider signing Tebow and giving him a limited package with a plan of running fifty times against Cincinnati and winning a defensive struggle?

I am not a Tebow supporter, recognize that he will never pass the ball effectively, and do not consider him a helpful longterm backup. I'm saying that if you are signing a guy off the street to try to make your team competitive for 1-2 weeks, wouldn't you consider it?

Edited by Flip Johnson

This is the same injury RGIII had in early december last year and he only missed 1 game... I can't tell if it was because he had a Bye or if he just took the week off. Too bad we don't have a Kirk Cousins as a backup.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

All that I can say is he would 100% know. They are preparing for 6-10 weeks as of this morning. I guess my point is that there is zero chance that my source is misinformed. The only thing is that the MRI today may show something different than last night. I am not holding my breath but crossing my fingers.

If this is accurate, the Bills need to add another QB. If I'm Josh Freeman, I'm much more interested in the Jacksonville opportunity than the Buffalo opportunity. At the end of the year, he'd obviously leave to go someplace with a better long-term opportunity to become a starter. From Freeman's perspective, why go through the effort of learning a whole new offense for a one year backup opportunity? Why not sign a multi-year deal, and learn the offense of the team you hope to be with over the long-term?

Assuming Freeman signs with someone other than Buffalo, where does that leave the Bills? We can't go into the next 6 - 10 games with Tuel as the only healthy QB on the roster. Trent Edwards is available. Edwards isn't starter material. But at this point, we have to be realistic about the face we're going to be getting a QB no one else wanted. Edwards is humble, he works hard, he has respectable physical tools, he's more accurate than Fitz, and he doesn't take stupid chances with the football. Given that the Bills are basically picking through other teams' leftovers, that might be the best deal we're going to get.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

THat said, I'm considering it a given that we will not pass the ball effectively that day. Tuel is a marginal talent with no arm strength to speak of, and 9 days is not enough time for an outsider to effectively assimilate into the offense.

Wouldn't the FO consider signing Tebow and giving him a limited package with a plan of running fifty times against Cincinnati and winning a defensive struggle?

I am not a Tebow supporter, recognize that he will never pass the ball effectively, and do not consider him a helpful longterm backup. I'm saying that if you are signing a guy off the street to try to make your team competitive for 1-2 weeks, wouldn't you consider it?

NO. TEBOW IS NOT AN NFL QB FOR THE LAST TIME! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, LET IT GO!

Wouldn't the FO consider signing Tebow and giving him a limited package with a plan of running fifty times against Cininnati and winning a defensive struggle?

Yes I would consider it.

Is the choice between Tebow and Tuel, or Tebow and Freeman?...I would take Tebow over Tuel just because of the experience aspect...But I would take Freeman and even Thad Lewis over Tebow... B-)

So you want a QB to play that won't pass the ball effectively? Care to explain? That's kinda their job.

I'll probably get tarred and feathered for this but ... If they don't see someone they *really* like (i.e not a stop gap) maybe they let Tuel start until Manuel gets back. I have to assume they liked Tuel as a backup before last night. Kicking him to the curb after a bad road game coming in cold and with probably damn few first team reps in weeks seems like an overreaction. Realistically the Bills were probably not making the playoffs this season with or without Manuel. Why not let Tuel start at this point with proper preparation and see what he has. If he sucks, then they know they need a backup QB this off season. If he becomes adequate they can rest easier in the future. What is the point of bring in a stop-gap QB now?

Edited by CodeMonkey

I wonder how much of this is "EJ really won't be out that long, but we need to make it sound like it might be longer in order to attract better talent." Why would Freeman want to sign with us if he knew EJ would only be out one or two games?

Just the conspiracist in me...

I'll probably get tarred and feathered for this but ... If they don't see someone they *really* like (i.e not a stop gap) maybe they let Tuel start until Manuel gets back. I have to assume they liked Tuel as a backup before last night. Kicking him to the curb after a bad road game coming in cold and with probably damn few first team reps in weeks seems like an overreaction. Realistically the Bills were probably not making the playoffs this season with or without Manuel. Why not let Tuel start at this point with proper preparation and see what he has. If he sucks, then they know they need a backup QB this off season. If he becomes adequate they can rest easier in the future. What is the point of bring in a stop-gap QB now?

Because at 2-3 you can't throw the towel in on the season.... especially with the AFC East as wide open as it's been in over a decade.

The squad needs to sign Tebow ASAP. Freeman won't come here, because he knows he'd be a backup.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

I would consider tebow in this limited context, pending who else is seriously in the discussion. Any to tgreg99---of course tebow is not an nfl qb! Who said he is?

The problem is we don't have one on the team now and won't for 3 or 4 games.

Tebow brings some things to the plate and gives us a better chance than teul for example.

It's kind of a no win situation ,isn't it?

There is a reason these guys in the conversation are NFL castoffs!!!!!