Sprained knee on EJ

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard he will possibly be out 8 weeks on Sirius.

This is complete speculation. The Bills/Marrone gave no timetable and I highly doubt the Bills medical staff leaked a timetable. I said this a few pages back but this is reporters asking "sources" for their opinion on average recovery times. RGIII had the same injury and came back after 2, whether he should have or not is up for debate. Most reporters are saying 4 weeks, but could be 6-8. Again, that's average recovery times... Which a pretty varied.

Truth is, as Marrone said, they have to wait til the swelling comes down, in a week, to get a timetable. He's a young kid, and was on the early timetable with his other knee, so I'd say I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be on that timetable now. I' think he'll be able to play in 2 weeks, but the Bills will be cautious and wait 3.

EDIT: Jason LaCanfora just did an interview and said 2-4 weeks.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Guys, I partially tore my LCL as a track athlete, and I was back in 6 weeks and 100% in 9 weeks. The LCL is a stabilizer more than a high demand ligament, and you don't put the same level of strain on it as the ACL or MCL. While it is a VERY painful injury, it is recoverable. To put that in comparison EJ's sprain, the time table should be closer to 2-6 weeks depending on the level of swelling. With most likely him being back before Halloween, when you consider that he was walking and biking at the game Thursday night.

I am hearing 6-10 weeks is what they suspect but will know more today (can't reveal the source)

That would be at the long end for a LCL/MCL Grade 1 or 2 sprain.

The "textbook" prognosis is 3-8 weeks for ordinary folks fitting in treatments around school/work/life.

For a pro athlete who can focus on the treatment and who will get the best treatment, 10 weeks sounds awfully long.

If it's a Grade 3 sprain (tear) and needs surgery, 10 weeks would be too short

No one will know anything until after the swelling goes down in a week. Everything else is pure speculation. I trust EJ will get 24hr treatment and he is very young and strong. QB is not as demanding as cb, wr, or rb, so, I hope sooner rather than later but, no one can say anything right now with the slightest sense of reliability . Just wait like everyone else and hope for the best.

Edited by Chris in Syracuse

Tuel played poorly, no question. But it's also inarguable that Tuel's supporting cast was completely dominated by the Browns' defense. I'd like to see how he does after practicing with the starting WRs, and with his supporting cast looking maybe a little more credible than it did against the Browns.

I saw open WRs that Tuel missed. And then of course there was the long bomb that TJ dropped. But really, he stunk and looked like a scared rabbit. I don't ever want to see him play another down for the Bills.

If we start him against the Bungles, one thing you can count on, is the Bungles will blitz the peejeebers out of him like the Clowns did. He'll have no time. The run game won't be as effective either with 8 or 9 guys in the box. Expect mass quantities of 3 and outs like we did Thursday night and in the Washington pre season game leaving our D on the field time and time again. They will wear down and add in a pick 6 or two and we could easily lose 42 -0.

I hope I'm wrong.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

Not sure if anyone heard Fred Jackson's interview this morning on WGR, but he said this is the same injury he had early last year and he missed 2 weeks. He said he thinks EJ's might be slightly more severe, but he thinks he could be back on the early side of the projected time frame because it is an injury you can play with at 80 percent.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills'>https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills

Marrone on EJ Manuel: "He's ahead of schedule. The report today was encouraging" #Bills

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills

Marrone: EJ Manuel has yet to begin rehab. Will start on-field work tomorrow, which should yield a better idea of timeline for return.

Looks like it could be 3 weeks. Depending on QB play, he can take his time.

For what it is worth, here are the QB's available from other teams' practice squads, call it the parade of horribles:

Gregg McElroy - Cinn.

Matt Scott - Jacksonville

Chandler Harnish - Indianapolis

Rusty Smith - Tenn.

Tyler Wilson - Oak.

Alex Tanney - Dallas

Scott Tolzien - GB

Seth Doege - Atlanta

Ryan Griffin - NO

Whatever happened to the Miami of Ohio guy in Denver,,,,Dysert??