Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we even have the cap space to sign Bowe long term?

CBF

We need another good WR. We have no quality #2. Bowe would be a monster here. Look at how well he's done in KC with NOTHING around him. And SJ would be huge as well. Two 1000 yard receivers. We could get a slightly-above average QB in this offensive situation (a Flacco type QB) who can game manage and throws with accuracy, and has the strength to throw long.

I'm thinking we can find the cap space.

Excellent now who will throw the ball deep to him ?

Chan Gailey was the OC in KC, during the 2008 season, when Bowe had his "breakout" season (86 cathces for 1022 yrds, 7 tds)....the starting QB for the last 12 games of the season? Tyler Thigpen!

Don't shoot the messenger...

Why you gotta ruin our fun with actual facts??? :P

He's on a one year deal. Short term solution for a long term problem. You could almost say we should have drafted AJ Green but we didn't. Bowe will only be here for 10 games and then will be a free agent and we ain't winning the SB with him.

There is no way Bowe would only be here for 10 games. It is highly doubtful that anyone would trade for him without first having worked out that contract extension…unless it’s a team that really is a contender (Houston maybe) and think he will put them over the top.

if Bowe was in the 2013 NFL Draft......he'd be a 1st round pick.

i'd give up a 2nd & 3rd for him......

We need to hang onto those picks, particularly the 2nd, to keep the ammo for a potential trade up for a QB. We can't risk missing out on a QB this year, but we can miss out on Bowe and still survive.

If Miami gives up a 3rd and 7th for this guy, then I think we should offer that too. Keeping him out of Miami or NE for that matter would be key. But the problem with this team isnt WR. Our guys get open, VERY open. Our QB just can't him them. And our D still sucks. I would be more inclined to trade for Brandon Flowers or Tamba Hali. Throw in Brady Quinn just because.

Chan Gailey was the OC in KC, during the 2008 season, when Bowe had his "breakout" season (86 cathces for 1022 yrds, 7 tds)....the starting QB for the last 12 games of the season? Tyler Thigpen!

We didn't shoot the first 4 posters that posted the exact same thing in the previous 6 pages of this thread so I think you're pretty safe.

We didn't shoot the first 4 posters that posted the exact same thing in the previous 6 pages of this thread so I think you're pretty safe.

Sorry...read the first page, and didn't wade through the rest...thanks for your prompt response!

Why you gotta ruin our fun with actual facts??? :P

There is no way Bowe would only be here for 10 games. It is highly doubtful that anyone would trade for him without first having worked out that contract extension…unless it’s a team that really is a contender (Houston maybe) and think he will put them over the top.

Miami is 2 ot losses away from being 5-1. You can bet they think they are close to being a yearly contender in the east. They have a bye week and the jets coming up after that so this could be their big move. I would hope the organization doesn't believe we are close as its pretty obvious fitz is not the guy. Miami also doesn't have a big #1 guy besides Hartline.

Gailey was Bowes offensive schmordinator in Kansas City. He caught over 3000 ft that year. Thigpen was the guy attached to the arm launching them. Thigpen started 48 quarters for the team that year

Edited by jboyst62

Gailey was Bowes offensive schmordinator in Kansas City. He caught over 3000 ft that year. Thigpen was the guy attached to the arm launching them. Thigpen started 48 quarters for the team that year

I see what you did there jboy.

I highly doubt Buddy would part with the necessary picks to get him. Also, it would have to be contingent on him signing a long term deal since we would not trade picks and then give him the opportunity to walk at the end of the season. Thirdly, Fitzpatrick can't even get Stevie enough catches even though he is consistently open. If there were two studs (Bowe and Stevie), I really think we have a formula for a discontented offense. If Bowe and Stevie are averaging 3 catches a game for 30 yeards each because PicksHatTrick can't get throw an accurate ball downfield, I think that is a recipe for disaster.

BoWe is severely overated and has a history of dropsies.

No 1st no way. That would set the franchise backwards. That 1st has to be on a QB like Tyler Wilson.

Severely overrated? Almost everyone thinks he's good, not elite. So for him to be overrated he must not be any good.

No kidding he's not worth a 1st.

You never say no to aquiring excellent players - unless they're such cancers in the locker room that they do more harm than good - but, the first question that comes to my mind in reading this speculation is: what difference will another WR make when the guy throwing the ball cannot throw it accurately more than 15 yards? If there's money and maneuverability after such a trade to aggresively go after a good QB, then I say I'm all in on it. However, if such a trade were to limit Buffalo's financial ability to get a QB, then the answer should be NO. QB should be Buffalo's only priority - in other words, until Buffalo gets a QB, nothing else they do will matter, and considering they've neglected the position for years, it is time to isolate that priority and commit all resources to the answer. After all - how well would Bowe deal with it when he's being under/over thrown 3 or 4 times a game, and then seeing Stevie getting 50% or more of the passes thrown his way... I just think it would be potentially a bad move, unless they explain to him a new QB is on the way after this year, and to spend this year just learning the system.

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

If he is available, we need to go after him, but at a reasonable price. Having Johnson on one side and Bowe on the other make the offense more potent.

How about we trade Fred Jackson for Bowe? Now that is a fair trade. I'd rather much do that then to trade a potential valuable pick. If we can pull this off then we can attempt to trade picks for a higher pick in order to get that future QB.

Would I take Bowe if the price is right? Sure but I definitely think he is a bit overrated. He is the king of garbage time stats. There also have been issues with his work ethic. Also, 2 high price wrs would put us in a bad cap situation.

So while I'd like having him, there's a better cheaper, receiver in the draft and I'd rather spend big bucks elsewhere. Receivers don't win your championships. They are complimentary players.

Has anybody here seen who the QB is in Buffalo? A 2nd round pick for a receiver? Can we try getting a LB and a QB before we start wasting picks. 2nd of all, this looks like pure garbage rumor.....

The key need for the Bills is QB and until that is resolved you can get anybody you want at WR and the difference is going to be marginal. Look at the Manning brothers, Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. Doesn't seem to matter much for those guys who is lined up at WR. That's what a good QB will do, make everybody better. We don't have that, that's what's missing. Solve that problem as priority #1.

If you can get a guy like Bowe at a reasonable price then get him but don't think that solves the problem. WR is not THE problem.

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

Can't trade picks...Need them all to deal for #1 overall and Geno... ;)