Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

Wait - here's a paranoid thought... Anyone think he'd trade Bowe and a draft pick for Welker? Seems like something the Pats would do - get rid of the non-conformist as they did Seymour, get a great player in return that can fill in capably, and somehow get the better of the deal?

TOTAL speculation - but what do you all think?

Not happening. Welker was franchised and on a 1 yr deal. 1 yr deals do not make attractive trade material mid-season

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoWe is severely overated and has a history of dropsies.

No 1st no way. That would set the franchise backwards. That 1st has to be on a QB like Tyler Wilson.

FJax, Tjax, and McGee straight up for Bowe with no contract extention would be a dream but obviously KC is focused on the future and future picks.

Bowe's career stats:

http://www.nfl.com/p...2495558/profile

Gailey was his OC in 2008.

And Tyler Thigpen was his QB.

Good point.

I think KC is going to tell him to suck it up and stay put, though. He's not very attractive trade bait on a 1 yr deal.

Not happening. Welker was franchised and on a 1 yr deal. 1 yr deals do not make attractive trade material mid-season

Players can be granted permission to have their agents talk to other teams to agree on contract parameters as a prelude to a trade. It happens from time to time.

Also there's a case to be made for getting a veteran wide receiver regardless of whether the Bills do so.

If Chixley feel they are in a "win now" situation, a rookie wide receiver next April does them little good.

How many rookie wideouts are having a significant impact this year?

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

I'd be all for that...All though right now it kind of seems like "whats the point". The receivers aren't the problem, it's Fitz. He'd struggle to hit Calvin Johnson and Fitzgerald if they were on his team the way he's throwing right now. We all saw him miss Chandler and FJ badly, mulitple times, on passes under 10 yards. It's scary.

I don't think you fix a crappy QB situation by getting a WR who can catch crappy passes. You replace the QB with one who throws accurate passes. And we currently have WRs who can catch accurate passes.

We don't need a WR. Let's address the reasons we're getting beat. Namely the QB and LB on the field; and the coaches off the field.

Just my dos pesos.

Bowe is not much different then stevie but he is very talented and had a good year with Chan. If you could get him for a 3 and 5 i am all or it . If the miami reprort is true and he will be dealt for a 3 and 7 then the bills missed a great oppurtunity . Incarerated Bob has had some decent bills news in the past

What would they do with him? Fitz can't get the ball to the receivers. To trade for Bowe would be silly. I'm not even trying to use this thread to beat up on Fitz, it's just true. He can't even get the best out of what he has already.

really? what did Chandler and Stevie ever do before Fitz became their QB? Absolutely NOTHING.

What would they do with him? Fitz can't get the ball to the receivers. To trade for Bowe would be silly. I'm not even trying to use this thread to beat up on Fitz, it's just true. He can't even get the best out of what he has already.

So just because we don’t have the long term solution at QB now means that we shouldn’t try to upgrade other aspects of the team until we do? To me that is silly, gotta think long term. We’ve all been saying that we need to draft a QB next year, why wouldn’t we want that rookie to have 2 excellent WRs to throw to? D. Jones is a somewhat decent receiver and all but you can’t tell me is better than D. Bowe. If we can get Bowe for a 2nd or 3rd plus a lower round pick or 2, I’d be all for it.

Stevie Johnson's really good too . . . . now if we could only find a way to get him the ball more than 10 yards downfield!

Hey, if we could land Bowe - we could multiply that issue times 2!!

I love Fitz - great guy, family man, yadda, yadda, yadda, but he is proving weekly, that he is not a top NFL QB!

Years ago, when we had Jim Kelly taking us to the playoffs each year, I chuckled at other teams efforts to improve. The Jets had a good team - but no QB. The same with the Pats - no QB, then Bledsoe came along and they improved, but still weren't great, because as we NOW know, Bledsoe is an enigma - and was never that good.

In the NFL, you need a top QB to succeed. We thought with good coaching, Fitz could elevate his game - but it doesn't look like it'll ever happen. We're a better team, but we don't have a QB. T.Jackson may be an improvement, but he obviously is still at the Huntington Learning Center trying to get the complicated playbook down!

Buddy and Chan have a next-to-impossible task confronting them - finding a top-flight QB. FA? Draft? Trade?? Who knows? But one thing is relatively certain, Fitz ain't the answer and the Bills will continue to be middling - winning 4-7 games per year and missing out on the best QB's when they come out of college. Too good to draft #1 or #2, and so bad we usually draft around #10 - a recipe for mediocrity!

Remember, we missed Big Ben by 1 pick - so we traded up for Losman. That didn't work. We need to do a Colts maneuver - like suck for Luck . . . . we need to barf for Barkley!! And he's no sure thing either!!

A while back I coined the phrase "Blow for Barkley" ... At times it looked like the team was doing just that...

There are actually people out there who think the Bills don't need WR help? Sure Fitz has struggled but to suggest Jones is a quality #2 is an outlandish point of view. Except for Stevie this team has nobody at the WR position who would see the field on any quality team. Just because the QB is struggling doesn't mean you ignore other areas of your team.

I like Bowe but what good is another receiver that can get open when your QB cannot hit that open receiver. Stevie, TJ, Fred, etc. Guys are getting open for Fitz, he just can't throw past 3 yards. Even those passes are in the dirt most of the time.

Save the picks in case you need them to move up in the draft for a QB! QB should be the number 1 priority of this team for next season.

I like Bowe but what good is another receiver that can get open when your QB cannot hit that open receiver. Stevie, TJ, Fred, etc. Guys are getting open for Fitz, he just can't throw past 3 yards. Even those passes are in the dirt most of the time.

Save the picks in case you need them to move up in the draft for a QB! QB should be the number 1 priority of this team for next season.

:wallbash:

I love when people call chans offense complex when all that happens is the receivers run slants and comeback routes and delayed screens over the middle. It's almost obvious what play theyre going to do

I don't think it's the routes, etc, that are that complicated. Even Chan has said so. It's that they expect each receiver to know the routes for all the WR positions so they can be like interchangable parts and switch up roles to confuse defenses. I'm not enough of an X's and O's guy to understand it, but it sure sounds like a good idea on paper. Executing it is obviously the tricky part.

I don't think it's the routes, etc, that are that complicated. Even Chan has said so. It's that they expect each receiver to know the routes for all the WR positions so they can be like interchangable parts and switch up roles to confuse defenses. I'm not enough of an X's and O's guy to understand it, but it sure sounds like a good idea on paper. Executing it is obviously the tricky part.

Chans offense is all about the QB and the reciever being on the same page and knowing what the other is going to do based on the coverages. Its extremely timing oriented (2.5 seconds to get the ball out).

It may look simple to us, but we arent seeing all the different route possibilities

They probably do it because they know they'll have 20 guys on IR by week 13 like every year

In all seriousness, I think this team needs to make a strong play for Bowe. SJ13, D-Bo and an emerging TJ Graham would be the best, potential, WR trio this team has had...maybe ever. Add Chandler and that gives us a bunch of weapons. Now, if only QB wasn't the most important position, SMH!

I would love to have Bowe, but I don't think we can afford to trade for him, especially if a second round pick is in there.

We don't know where this season will end for us and we may pick low enough to need those picks to trade up for the qb that is absolutely the priority.

I love when people call chans offense complex when all that happens is the receivers run slants and comeback routes and delayed screens over the middle. It's almost obvious what play theyre going to do

What does it tell you about the Buffalo Bills when opposing defenders can learn the Bills offense and the Bills back up QB's can't :bag:

Still, the Bills are desperate for another top WR ...so when Gailey calls an empty backfield, 5 WR shotgun spread set Chan actually has someone besides Stevie Johnson who will be a viable target