Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This talk about another QB, I get, but we're not getting one. Guys, Mike Williams in Tampa looks excellent again, because they have Vincent Jackson now and there are two threats. We could definintely use D. Bowe if we could get him. I doubt we could, but if we could trade a 3rd and 5th, I'd take in a heart beat. WE could still use a 1st on a QB and even trade up with another pick to get a better QB as we are not that far away. The problem is I don't see a good QB on the horizon in the draft next year. There are no Andrew Luck's, RG3, Cam Newton's, or even an Andrew Dalton. That was our BIIGGG MISS. We should have taken Andy Dalton. He was in a pro style offense, played 4 full years, I think was close to undefeated, and had excellent pocket presence. He should have never dropped to where he did last year.

Well, his teammate JaMarcus Russell had a rocket arm and was taken 1st overall. What does it all mean?

That we have a qb with a similar skill set already?

And that his arm must be really bad to explain the gap between the draft spots?

Poor arm, smart, good leader, late rounder, career backup - heck - almost the same contract.

Why trade for it?

Shouldn't we be putting resources into guys with better skillsets?

Edited by NoSaint

Flynn scored a 38 on the Wonderlic. Jackson scored a 19.

And Fitz had more or less a perfect score.

I wonder what conclusions we could draw if any.

This should have been the first, and only, response to this thread.

You don't fix a crappy QB problem by replacing wide receivers (ours are very good, by the way). You replace a crappy QB problem by replacing the QUARTERBACK!!! Jeesh.

Hypothetically we acquire Bowe and now have Spiller, Freddy, Stevie, and Bowe on top of one of the best O-lines in football.

You wouldn't have any free agent QBs or high draftees thumbing their nose at playing for the Bills, that's for sure.

I see about five QBs in the upcoming draft that I find of interest as compared to the last 3-4 years when there was only 1 or 2 , so I wouldn't want to trade that 1st round pick for Bowe.

Brandon Marshall was traded for a third round pick. I know there were circumstances surrounding that trade, but even so, there's no way Bowe is commanding anything near a first round pick.

Brandon Marshall was traded for a third round pick. I know there were circumstances surrounding that trade, but even so, there's no way Bowe is commanding anything near a first round pick.

A pair of third-round picks, actually.