Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that I'm in the minority here but I think the Bills have decent talent at WR. Johnson is clearly good, I think Jones is also solid and Graham has shown good potential. If you throw in that Nelson will be back next season and that you have Spiller and Jackson out of the backfield then I think you have plenty of good receiving talent on this team. Need better QB play.

I think this is right. The receivers have been getting open, the passes are just off the mark. Can't speak much to their hands b/c the ball doesn't usually get that far.

Buddy and Chan have a next-to-impossible task confronting them - finding a top-flight QB. FA? Draft? Trade?? Who knows? But one thing is relatively certain, Fitz ain't the answer and the Bills will continue to be middling - winning 4-7 games per year and missing out on the best QB's when they come out of college. Too good to draft #1 or #2, and so bad we usually draft around #10 - a recipe for mediocrity!

Remember, we missed Big Ben by 1 pick - so we traded up for Losman. That didn't work. We need to do a Colts maneuver - like suck for Luck . . . . we need to barf for Barkley!! And he's no sure thing either!!

Even if the Bills finish in the 8-12 category., they have to mortgage the future to get the coveted QB and it can be done...RG-III to Washington.

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

So basically this entire post is speculation...nice reporting!

There's no point trading away picks or starters for receiver talent until we solve the problem at QB. Bowe would just be wastded here and setup as another scapegoat for Fitz failings.

I disagree, I know Fitz is looking like major suck so far this year but there are other players that contribute to a QB looking bad. Granted the timing has been way off between Fitz and many throws, and there might be reasons for that we fans are unaware of...who knows?

All I can say is a true #1 WR on the team besides Stevie Johnson just might save Chans job, and get this team into a winning season / perhaps playoffs. Considering how reluctant Gailey is to build a power running game and constantly wants to throw all game long.

Even if Fitz isn't the starter and Tavaris Jackson / Tyler Thipen gets the nod, DB would certainly be a huge factor in the passing offense going forward

Even if the Bills finish in the 8-12 category., they have to mortgage the future to get the coveted QB and it can be done...RG-III to Washington.

Not necessarily, the 2013 QB class is shaping up to be a deep one. The Bills could stand pat and land a good QB.

Not necessarily, the 2013 QB class is shaping up to be a deep one. The Bills could stand pat and land a good QB.

Absolutely correct. All I was saying was that if the Bills find a franchise QB and if it requires giving up on additional 1st rounders, the Bills should do that. At this point their talent evaluation at the QB position is pretty suspect...

1. Made Edwards the starting QB (after training camp) only to dump him after 2 games.

2. Brought in Thigpen and he had difficulty learning the offense in training camp

3. Signed off Brad Smith for wild cat and have seen two floaters intercepted and nothing else to show

4. Traded for Tavaris Jackson (a suspect QB) and he can't even get on the field as the back up QB

Missed drafting Wilson, Mallet, Locker etc. Not saying these players are going to have HOF careers, but they all could have made the QB position stronger (even if they were not starting today).

I'd love the move. And not that I'm a big fan of Cassel, but he is younger and has more upside than Fitz. Let's package them.

Except for the facts that Cassel is 30 while Fitz is 29, that Cassel hasn't broken 60% completion percentage or 7 ypa since he left NE (even in his best year, 2010), he ranked two spots below Fitz last year, and he's at the bottom of the stats heap this year ( so it's kinda hard to tell where your judgement of "more upside" is coming from), this is a fantastic post!

Missed drafting Wilson, Mallet, Locker etc. Not saying these players are going to have HOF careers, but they all could have made the QB position stronger (even if they were not starting today).

Really?? Wilson? Mallett? Why not include Matt Leinert and Jimy Clausen on your list?

PTR

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

Not unless there is a trade for him. I would guess strongly that he is dissatisfied with the QB and offensive situation in KC. Do you think Fitz will be able to draw him? I think not. He knows he is underachieving for his talent and Buffalo is not the place to go to rectify that. Until we get our QB situation settled, we are very lucky to have Stevie, who consistently gets seperation.

I have been calling for Dwayne Bowe to Buffalo for some time.....but an additional thing to keep in mind is Buffalo might want to keep him AWAY from Miami......

Ryan Tannahill is already showing to be a good pick.....pair him up with Bowe and we could be having serious problems for years to come.....

You trade for him to strengthen OUR team and keep him away from THEIR team

I'd love the move. And not that I'm a big fan of Cassel, but he is younger and has more upside than Fitz. Let's package them.

Cassell is one of the small handful of QBs who's not as good or at best, just as good as Fitz. I would say this is a lateral move except that Fitz is intimate with the offense where Cassell is probably not.

If we get Bo that would be huge because we really need a #2. Chan was his OC in KC, but I did talk to an insider today about it.

Seems like a non-answer, my friend.

On another point, regardless of who would be the number one and who would be the number two, I'd bet Bowe is looking for a better deal than Stevie just signed.

No way anyone trades without an extension

You are most likely correct. No extension, no trade.

nix tipped his hand bringing in WR robert meachem....

Good point.

Miami can take him. Buffalo will need all of it's draft picks to trade up and get a QB next year.

Possibly.

There's no point trading away picks or starters for receiver talent until we solve the problem at QB. Bowe would just be wastded here and setup as another scapegoat for Fitz failings.

Agreed. I think most wideouts who see themselves as stars would prefer to play with marquee QBs. I'd go so far as to say that Bowe wouldn't be excited about playing with Fitz. JMO.

It'd be great if we could get him for the equivalent of Marshawn's package. I'd be surprised if Nix isn't working this hard - Bowe is an LSU alum, and we all know how much Nix wants the Bills to be the all-SEC team. But Pioli is buds with Belichickenhead, so I doubt he's going to us or Miami. Pioli will do what's best for KC, but if it's a push between offers from Miami, Buffalo and another team, my gut says another teams gets him.

That's all if he's willing to lose his fan base to admittedly rebuilding totally from the ground up - again. I think he ultimately stays in KC.

Wait - here's a paranoid thought... Anyone think he'd trade Bowe and a draft pick for Welker? Seems like something the Pats would do - get rid of the non-conformist as they did Seymour, get a great player in return that can fill in capably, and somehow get the better of the deal?

TOTAL speculation - but what do you all think?

Wait - here's a paranoid thought... Anyone think he'd trade Bowe and a draft pick for Welker? Seems like something the Pats would do - get rid of the non-conformist as they did Seymour, get a great player in return that can fill in capably, and somehow get the better of the deal?

TOTAL speculation - but what do you all think?

Great.

Now I definitely won't sleep tonight!

But I will try.

Buenas noches.

I have been scouting for a while, and I will say this: If Landry Jones is not the guy in Buffalo I would be disapointed. He is a great QB, and I see people dropping him. He is going to be fine

Very interesting, because Jones is the QB I want the Bills to avoid. I am not impressed by him at all, but we all have our opinions.

Bowe would be another weapon that defenses would have to worry about. I don't think they're worried about

Donald and T.J. Teams feel they can cover them one on one. But, if you have Stevie, Bowe, Chandler, and one or

both RBs in on a play, all of a sudden they can't squat on the short routes or consistently bring their safeties in the

box because anyone of those guys can get upfield. If you leave either Stevie and/or Bowe one on one all day, I guarantee

Fitz will look a lot better and throw for a lot of yards (so stop the who's gonna get the ball too them crap) and if you try to

double them both or cheat your safeties to them, then the running game becomes wide open. And then they have to cheat

to stop the run and all of a sudden the passing game is open again. One, extra, legit, dangerous target (that a team has to

gameplan for) can totally change how defenses play us.

I doubt we can land Bowe, but you never know, none of us thought Mario would come here. Who knows, maybe with

the Chan connection and Stevie talking him up...But if he really is available for a trade, I think the Bills should pull out all

of the stops to get him (especially if the other option is him going to a divisional rival).

I have been scouting for a while, and I will say this: If Landry Jones is not the guy in Buffalo I would be disapointed. He is a great QB, and I see people dropping him. He is going to be fine

I sure hope we don't draft Landry. I'm game for Geno, Murray, or Wilson.

I think most wideouts who see themselves as stars would prefer to play with marquee QBs. I'd go so far as to say that Bowe wouldn't be excited about playing with Fitz. JMO.

Most marquee QB have a stable of quality wideouts as targets already. No one wants to move into a "take a number, Bub!" situation.

One might also consider that for whatever reason, a lot of last year's top QB seem to be struggling this year (Cutler, Stafford, Newton, Romo, Freeman, Rivers)

I doubt we can land Bowe, but you never know, none of us thought Mario would come here. Who knows, maybe with

the Chan connection and Stevie talking him up...But if he really is available for a trade, I think the Bills should pull out all

of the stops to get him (especially if the other option is him going to a divisional rival).

Pull out all the stops? Because landing Mario (by pulling out all the stops) and Anderson has worked out so well for us? :flirt:

We need a couple of quality WR, there's no question. When I watch other games, I'm amazed by how other WR pull in catches that are ahead of them, or over their heads, that we would be saying "Fitz over threw him", or adjust their pace or "go back" for the ball. Just as we haven't seen a top QB in so long we've kinda forgotten what it looks like, we haven't seen a top WR in so long we've likewise forgotten. I just question the value of "pulling out all the stops". Does it get us a guy who is "too cool for school"?

People bringing Fitz into this conversation are short-sighted. What every young freshly-drafted QB needs is a stable of wiley top-notch veterans who can catch whatever he throws.

That said, I don't know as I would rather have star draftee than a vet, but we need linebackers and a QB too, so we have to fill something through trade or FA.

I think KC is going to tell him to suck it up and stay put, though. He's not very attractive trade bait on a 1 yr deal.

So Bowe wants out in KC, where is is playing for one of maybe two other teams who could claim to have a worse QB than the Bills, and we think he is going to sign an extension with us.....? Doubtful.

Besides, WR isn't our problem. He have a number of WRs who are constantly open. The only WR worth pursuing at this point would be one with a track record of being able to throw himself the ball!!!!