All Peyton Manning, all the time!

1) Manning WAS the offensive coordinator for the Colts

2) MegaMind isn't going to scrap the offense he has been installing for 2+ years and hand control over to Manning

3) We still don't know if Manning physically has what it takes to play

4) Manning is not likely overly impressed with our O-line and would need a 2.36sec release to avoid getting pummeled. (If anyone can do it he probably can but forget that nice 3 - 5 second pocket for his WR to get open)

5) Our defense guarantees a shoot out every week being 30th in the league and giving up 27.1 pts a week.

6) We already gave Fitz the money to be our guy for the next few years.

7) Fitz has the support of the front office, the coach, the team and PDaDdy.

Fixed.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When u have nothing but dog food you DO dive into dumpsters. And that's not a fair analogy anyway unless you are a DR. If he goes to Miami and lights it up we'll be irrelevant for another 3 years. Sorry bro. Until we get a QB we're not going to win a SB.... bottom line. The Turnover machine isn't EVER going to make that happen.

Are you saying the Bills have nothing? If so then how is adding one 36 year old QB going to fix it? Also you really expect Peyton to light up the league for 3 more years? Seriously? It's incredible how people think you build a team by rolling dice.

BTW, speaking of being a turnover machine, you do realize that Eli Manning led the league in interceptions in 2010? What QB won the Super Bowl in 2011?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I know your a big football fan, and an intelligent one, so im really curious as to why you think Peyton - who is known as not being mobile at all (yes he can step up in the pocket and side step in the pocket) - can magically turn into a roll out QB?? the texans ran bootleg/roll out on passing plays more than any NFL team the past three years, thats a healthy number...Peyton, even BEFORE his injury, did not roll out whatsoever...I have to disagree, I dont see Peyton even doing "simple roll outs", and definately not the boot's and roll's that make up the majority of Houstons passing offense

they should, and will, stick with Schaub, who they designed this well run offense for

i guess for me - i think you could reduce some of the qb motion, and whats required isnt out of his league. he ran a 4.8 at the combine (forever and a day ago, i know). I think if healthy he is athletic enough to be able to move the pocket some. i also think that with a guy with mannings smarts, vision, and arm, you dont have to move the pocket as much.

Matt schaub ran a 4.9, for reference.

i suppose, my end result being that schaub isnt soooo athletic, or manning soooo unathletic that they would have to totally tear up the playbook. alter, perhaps, but totally destroy - no.

just an opinion though.

Edited by NoSaint

What do you want to bet that it's not 25/year and very little promised down the line in case of injury?

Sidenote: he and fitz are represented by the same firm.

Yeah, actually, I think that is going to be the case wherever he goes...I just don't think there is any real good reason for him to come to Buffalo.

Wait, now that I think about if you gave him assurances that are line was going to be ridiculously good and that he will have VJ and SJ to throw to.

...well, still maybe no, but it is intriguing.

:P

cross the Redskins off the list....

“A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here,” said Russell. “… There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes — and I’m taking my sources at their word — I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/report-manning-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-redskins/

cross the Redskins off the list....

“A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here,” said Russell. “… There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes — and I’m taking my sources at their word — I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/report-manning-doesnt-want-to-play-for-the-redskins/

But, but they have Shanny! He has TWO RINGS!!

PTR

But I dont want it to be the fins. I know it's going to happen but I just can't stand it.

Whould you still object if Peyton couldn't play? I'm not convinced he can.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

According to Marshall Faulk, Manning will never play in the NFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82777dfb/article/report-redskins-already-out-on-peyton-manning-chase?module=HP11_headline_stack

"NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk -- a former teammate of Manning's in Indy -- stated emphatically on Wednesday that Manning will never play in the same conference, let alone division, as his brother.

"We need to see a Manning Super Bowl, that's what they want, this family wants it," said Faulk, who shares the same first name as one of Manning's sons. "He will not upstage his brother and knock him out of going to the Super Bowl by being in the NFC."

Report: Chiefs have already offered Peyton Manning a contract

http://profootballta...ing-a-contract/

I liked this comment from a reader of that article:

Bulletin to all other teams not named the Dolphins:

You have no shot. Stop wasting your time. This is all a dog and pony show to minimize how rampant tampering is in the NFL. A deal has been done for a while. He’s going to Miami. He just has to wait a week to sign so as to make it appear like there was no tampering even though there was.

Manning WILL be a dolphin by the end of next week. Sucks for us. Typical. At least we have fitz.

I agree. And then the Dolphins will sign Reggie Wayne, and win the AFC East.

You have no shot. Stop wasting your time. This is all a dog and pony show to minimize how rampant tampering is in the NFL. A deal has been done for a while. He’s going to Miami. He just has to wait a week to sign so as to make it appear like there was no tampering even though there was.

I don't know if there was tampering, but the Dolphins want him, and it is a more attractive destination for Manning than any other team (potential for 2 pro bowl WR's, good RB, solid OL, and great defense). Now watch the Dolphins get manning and have Trent Richardson fall to them in the draft!

According to Marshall Faulk, Manning will never play in the NFC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82777dfb/article/report-redskins-already-out-on-peyton-manning-chase?module=HP11_headline_stack

"NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk -- a former teammate of Manning's in Indy -- stated emphatically on Wednesday that Manning will never play in the same conference, let alone division, as his brother.

"We need to see a Manning Super Bowl, that's what they want, this family wants it," said Faulk, who shares the same first name as one of Manning's sons. "He will not upstage his brother and knock him out of going to the Super Bowl by being in the NFC."

More evidence of why the Dolphins. Plus, if he wins in Miami, he can claim to be a better QB than Marino in the "best QB ever" contest. I wish we had a shot, but not a chance. Well, at least we get to see him play once a year, and hopefully get sacked 5 times!

I know a lot of people don't think he'll be able to play, or be the same, but I have a feeling he'll put in about 3 good years. I'm a fan, so I don't want to turn out wrong, but I just can't stomach him playing well for those effing phins.

Cognitive dissonance-damn you!

Edited by NickelCity

BTW, speaking of being a turnover machine, you do realize that Eli Manning led the league in interceptions in 2010? What QB won the Super Bowl in 2011?

PTR

WOW, that' a reach for a comparison. Eli M, winner of 2 SB's, to a guy who has never gotten to a SB, to a playoff game, not even a winning record

I know a lot of people don't think he'll be able to play, or be the same, but I have a feeling he'll put in about 3 good years. I'm a fan, so I don't want to turn out wrong, but I just can't stomach him playing well for those effing phins.

Cognitive dissonance-damn you!

The thought of Manning and Brady twice a year is just not fair. I actually like Manning so it would be weird having him in the hated Dolphins uniform. Even if Manning is 70% his old self he will be a top 5 QB.

Sources: Peyton to visit Denver

The Peyton Manning recruiting adventure begins Friday with a visit to the Denver Broncos, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Sources were adamant that the visit does not define the Broncos as the favorite to land the four-time MVP who was released by the Colts this week. No contract negotiations are expected to occur during the visit.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7666110/peyton-manning-visit-denver-broncos-friday

Don't discount Tebow leaving CAA in the offseason.

The best stop for Manning might be Denver.

John Fox has the Defense playing well.

Manning can resume his role as OC/QB, Mike McCoy's job would be do essentially what Manning tells you to do.

Demarius Thomas, Decker & Royal is a nice WR squad. McGahee can still get the tough yards, (its not like a manning offense hands the ball off much)

The O-Line is pretty solid.

No conflicting offensive "genius" like in Miami.

The Broncos made the playoffs without him, The AFC West is pretty weak (even though it was close there were no dominate teams.) Denver immediately become AFC Super Bowl favorites if the defense plays the same.

Elway would love to get rid of Tebow and get a real QB.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Sources: Peyton to visit Denver

The Peyton Manning recruiting adventure begins Friday with a visit to the Denver Broncos, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Sources were adamant that the visit does not define the Broncos as the favorite to land the four-time MVP who was released by the Colts this week. No contract negotiations are expected to occur during the visit.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7666110/peyton-manning-visit-denver-broncos-friday

Done. What a great fit!

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/peyton-manning-arrives-in-denver-for-meeting-with-broncos/

If things go the way they want, Manning will be playing for the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow will be playing elsewhere. The Broncos are determined that Peyton Manning is the man they want to be their quarterback.

I'd dump Fitz in a heartbeat for the Mile High Messiah :worthy:

Really?

Fitz and Tebow?

Smells like a worse Flutie and Johnson debacle.

It's a definite risk, no doubt.

Im first approaching this as a need for a backup. I think Tebow would do better in Gailey's offense then he has previously, and we've only seen garbage from Thigpen. With the Bills' injury luck, we need to start shoring up some competent backups. (Or better yet, bring in some better starters that will push our current guys to being backups, but thats a whole other thread)

Id give Fitz this next season, and possibly 2013 depending on how this season goes, to prove he is our guy and solidify Tebow to the backup role. Let Lee and Gailey work with Tebow in the meantime. Then have our next QB in waiting as Fitz hits the second half of his contract.

It's hardly a perfect plan. But we need another QB, and I think Tebow would fit in with the current group of guys who have had to prove themselves. He'd be another guy that is good for the locker room.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/09/peyton-manning-arrives-in-denver-for-meeting-with-broncos/

If things go the way they want, Manning will be playing for the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow will be playing elsewhere. The Broncos are determined that Peyton Manning is the man they want to be their quarterback.

I'd dump Fitz in a heartbeat for the Mile High Messiah :worthy:

No way would I ever dream of trading Fritz for Tebow. However I would not mind seeing Tebow on the team working with Gailey and crew to develop his talents. He is a great number two and has potential to be a great player in the future.

I trust Gailey as far as being a stand-up guy. If he could assure me, in writing, signed by a notary public, that he has no intentions whatsoever of making Tebow the starting QB barring on an interim basis after serious injury to the starter, I wouldn't mind having Tebow here.

It's a definite risk, no doubt.

Im first approaching this as a need for a backup. I think Tebow would do better in Gailey's offense then he has previously, and we've only seen garbage from Thigpen. With the Bills' injury luck, we need to start shoring up some competent backups. (Or better yet, bring in some better starters that will push our current guys to being backups, but thats a whole other thread)

Id give Fitz this next season, and possibly 2013 depending on how this season goes, to prove he is our guy and solidify Tebow to the backup role. Let Lee and Gailey work with Tebow in the meantime. Then have our next QB in waiting as Fitz hits the second half of his contract.

It's hardly a perfect plan. But we need another QB, and I think Tebow would fit in with the current group of guys who have had to prove themselves. He'd be another guy that is good for the locker room.

You are one of the smarter posters on this board. Seem very objective, so you know Fitz is going to have a bad game or two.

If Tebow is on the bench, that screams of disaster.

I like Tebow, i do. Think he handles himself with class. And from what i know from talking with people who have spent time with him, he is what you see, no BS.

But you could have a locker room divided if Fitz has a cold streak. We saw last year Fitz will play hurt(the rib injury from Skins game).

Denver is already creating a sh*t show for themselves just by having Manning in for a visit...i can gaurantee that.

You are one of the smarter posters on this board. Seem very objective, so you know Fitz is going to have a bad game or two.

If Tebow is on the bench, that screams of disaster.

I like Tebow, i do. Think he handles himself with class. And from what i know from talking with people who have spent time with him, he is what you see, no BS.

But you could have a locker room divided if Fitz has a cold streak. We saw last year Fitz will play hurt(the rib injury from Skins game).

Denver is already creating a sh*t show for themselves just by having Manning in for a visit...i can gaurantee that.

First, thanks. You come to the Hudson Grille for the games with the Backers? I owe you a beer. ha!

What you propose could very well happen. However, with the way Stevie and Fitz and Freddie talk publicly, this team/Offense is already very tight and level-headed without any egos. Woods is the blue-collar leader of the line. Even "1st round pick" Spiller has had to put his time in.

I think Tebow would fit right in with those guys due to everything he has been through. Yet he brings his positivity, and doesnt cause tension in the locker room.

Also, consider this... With a competent backup, Fitz knows that he can take 2-3 games off to heal. Tebow comes in and wins 1 or 2 of the 3 games, and Fitz comes back good as new. The entire season goes differently if Fitz isnt stuck carrying the team even when he cant throw.

I know it's easy to refer back to "Johnson/Flutie", but we all forget that Buffalo was home to 2 top QBs for years with Kelly and Reich, and it was never a problem. Largely due to the humble, religious Reich. Who does that sound like? :thumbsup:

I know it's easy to refer back to "Johnson/Flutie", but we all forget that Buffalo was home to 2 top QBs for years with Kelly and Reich, and it was never a problem. Largely due to the humble, religious Reich. Who does that sound like? :thumbsup:

I don't think that's a very good analogy. Frank Reich, although I'm sure he would have loved to start at any time in his career, always composed himself and his position on the team as a back-up and role player. Frank Reich had the perfect mindset to be the perfect back-up. Tebow would immediately and always want to start, and while he publicly would not campaign to or badmouth anyone, I guarantee everyone would know he felt he should be the starter and he privately would lobby to be the starter..

I don't think that's a very good analogy. Frank Reich, although I'm sure he would have loved to start at any time in his career, always composed himself and his position on the team as a back-up and role player. Frank Reich had the perfect mindset to be the perfect back-up. Tebow would immediately and always want to start, and while he publicly would not campaign to or badmouth anyone, I guarantee everyone would know he felt he should be the starter and he privately would lobby to be the starter..

Of course it isnt a perfect analogy, my point was that it's just as good (or bad) as the Flutie/Johnson analogy. No situation is exactly like a previous. And I agree that Tebow would want to start. However, in my head, Gailey addresses that right away and tells Tim that Fitz is the guy right now, and he wants to see Tim work with Lee and himself and if he comes along, there is a good chance that Tebow eventually steps in as our QB of the future.

He didnt lobby much in Denver, even when they were losing. Of course, the fans did the lobbying for him. But I just dont see him ever becoming a cancer, or doing something to ultimately hurt the team.

edit: I should also note that I want Tebow to want to start. We need competition at every position, and at every level, on this team. Id rather see someone pushing Fitz. If he proves to be better than Fitz, then so be it.

Edited by DrDareustein

First, thanks. You come to the Hudson Grille for the games with the Backers? I owe you a beer. ha!

What you propose could very well happen. However, with the way Stevie and Fitz and Freddie talk publicly, this team/Offense is already very tight and level-headed without any egos. Woods is the blue-collar leader of the line. Even "1st round pick" Spiller has had to put his time in.

I think Tebow would fit right in with those guys due to everything he has been through. Yet he brings his positivity, and doesnt cause tension in the locker room.

Also, consider this... With a competent backup, Fitz knows that he can take 2-3 games off to heal. Tebow comes in and wins 1 or 2 of the 3 games, and Fitz comes back good as new. The entire season goes differently if Fitz isnt stuck carrying the team even when he cant throw.

Wouldn't Gailey have to re-structure the playbook to fit Tebows style of play? Tebow isn't the gunslinger that Fitz is, but he is bigger and tougher. If Gailey were to devise a "wildcat" option for Tebow then what would become of Brad Smith? Also, say Fitz does go down, or have a bad game how long is it going to take for fans to start chanting Tebow, or renting billboard spaces. I agree that Tebow is humble enough not to be a locker room distraction, but he will be a distraction none-the-less whether he intends it or not.

IMO, if Tebow were on this team the only option would be for him to start. If Tebow came to the Bills I don't see Fitz as part of this team anymore. All of the bonding that guys like Stevie, Freddie, CJ, Chandler and the Wolf Pack have done with Fitz would be wasted.

With that said, I like Tebow, and what he would bring. I also wanted the Bills to draft him and was pissed when Denver beat them to it. I just think that bringing in Tebow now would do more harm than good. It wouldn't be worth it.

You might be right, but I think this is EXACTLY the situation Elway wants. I think he's not sold on Tebow whatsoever, and what better way to get rid of him than to bring in one of the greatest QBs in NFL history? There is no argument that Manning is a huge upgrade, so there is no controversy from that standpoint. It's a perfect way for the Broncos to get rid of "baby jesus" and not have it result in a backlash from their fan base. As much as the Bronco fans love Tebow, I can't imagine they'd pass up the chance at Manning.

Why?

Outdoor stadium with bad weather.

Can massive QB egos of elway and manning exist in the same organization?

They already have a QB who took them much further than they were projected.

Why do people think Manning *can't* play in bad weather?

When u have nothing but dog food you DO dive into dumpsters. And that's not a fair analogy anyway unless you are a DR. If he goes to Miami and lights it up we'll be irrelevant for another 3 years. Sorry bro. Until we get a QB we're not going to win a SB.... bottom line. The Turnover machine isn't EVER going to make that happen.

I think you're looking for the Fitz haters thread. Two doors down, on the left.