All Peyton Manning, all the time!

But this is an actual news article and the other is just hearsay

This goes for Beerball too. Read CNNSI article that Don Banks just wrote & try to convince me that my source was way in left field when he told me Manning is done wise guy.

You know some people on this board actually do have credible sources outside of the select media on this board. Instead of mocking them out at every chance you get maybe you should thank them for the information they are willing to share. Not to blow my own horn but I called the Schoebel retirement in the summer before any media even hinted at it. I took some crap for that too.

Edited by Gordio

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This goes for Beerball too. Read CNNSI article that Don Banks just wrote & try to convince me that my source was way in left field when he told me Manning is done wise guy.

You know some people on this board actually do have credible sources outside of the select media on this board. Instead of mocking them out at every chance you get maybe you should thank them for the information they are willing to share. Not to blow my own horn but I called the Schoebel retirement in the summer before any media even hinted at it. I took some crap for that too.

:lol:

You're going to have to work harder than that to convince us.

Dear Gordio,

I was not referring to a post/thread authored by you. Most anybody here could tell you which thread I was referring to, but take a look at the board and see if you can figure it out for yourself.

Dear Gordio,

I was not referring to a post/thread authored by you. Most anybody here could tell you which thread I was referring to, but take a look at the board and see if you can figure it out for yourself.

My apologies to you & Jack. Sorry for being so defensive.

Manning had a 4th "undisclosed" procedure (actually between his discectomy and his fusion). Ruh Roh.

And check this out: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7579168/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-reportedly-had-4th-neck-procedure-11

SI.com also reported Wednesday that Manning wanted to try to play in the Colts' home finale against the Houston Texans in Week 16, even going through a scripted 30-play practice in the week before Indianapolis' Week 15 game against the Tennessee Titans. Then-team president Bill Polian, former coach Jim Caldwell and ex-offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen were at the practice.

Manning had hopes to at least play in red zone situations, where his weakened arm strength wouldn't be a hindrance.

Sources who were at the practice told SI.com that Manning's passes to running back Joseph Addai and practice-squad receivers were accurate at the practice session but that he couldn't throw anything longer than 22 yards. His passes also sometimes wobbled, according to the sources, who estimated that his velocity on the passes was around 80 percent of his normal throwing speed.

The practice session was moot, however, as team physician Hank Feuer wouldn't clear Manning to return to action.

"He wanted to go on the field and try to dump red-zone passes against Houston,'' a league source told SI.com. "Even though his neck muscles hadn't even been strengthened yet. Can you imagine anyone putting him on the field in that situation? Just to throw a string of red-zone passes? But that's where things were going at that time, and it kind of speaks to the insanity of the situation.''

Looks like Polian was pushing hard to keep Manning happy and back in the game.

Good question. One that a lot of people speculating about where Peyton may end up have not seriously considered I think. I might even ask: "Will Peyton ever be able throw the ball at an NFL level again" ?

maybe not - but he is probably already at the Fitzpatrick level

Just Retire Peyton... We don't need to see Brett Favre Pt. 2. Already seen it. It didn't end well...

This is different than Favre IMO. Favre kept retiring and unretiring, Peyton has said he's playing. He wants to play he's just hurt right now. If ESPN wasn't talking up his next stop before he is even released people wouldn't be annoyed at all

Yes that would be a dynamic team. Jammal Charles is already a superstud (coming of injury of course) not sure if they would need a richardson.

So the Chiefs sign Manning and then buy some prayer beads to hope both of them recover in time to win some games next season? That plan requires faith and possibly divine intervention.

• 3 weeks later...