All Peyton Manning, all the time!

Now, it is pure speculation BUT! "" Per La Canfora, the team will cut their ties to Manning before the scouting combine. The combine begins on February 22nd, well ahead of the March 8th deadline currently in place for the team to give Manning $28 million or set him free.""

http://profootballta...made-weeks-ago/

First, who knows if he will be healthy enough to even play this upcoming year, or like Rob Lowe states in his tweets.... Manning is done!

My take is Jim Irsay thinks Manning is done and will release him before the combine. Then the Colts will take Andrew Luck #1 overall in the 2012 draft, who is supposedly the next John Elway!

Irsay must think that he no longer needed Bill Polian as everyone is so sure Luck is the best QB out there. He fired Colt president Bill Polian and his son the GM, hired a new GM (Ryan Grigson, ex Eagle director of player personnel) who then fired HC Jim Caldwell. Caldwell worked under Tony Dungy as Peyton Mannings QB coach, so it was kinda strange that the QB coach gets promoted to HC. Manning must feel one foot is out the door or he wouldn't have made some of the statements he has made the last week.

Now, the million dollar question is... which team will sign Peyton Manning. Which team will he agree to go to? What team has enough cap space and money to take a chance and bring in Manning? what do you think?

Teams with a ** are desperate for a franchise QB Teams with a * are that one player away from the SB

(Fixed)

Edited by Fear the Beard

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the list (re-ordered to refelct likelihood). Although after going through this...im not sure there is a "good" spot for him.

NY Jets* - Possible. Organization is a mess, but alot of it is Sanchez, it is in a big market, and near his brother. Seems the most likely destingation

Washington Redskins** - Ugh. Not bad on paper, but this place eats quarterbacks and spits them out. Not sure this is the right spot for him.

Kansas City Chiefs - Bad division, but team is not good either. Could make the playoffs with KC

Seattle Seahawks - I dont see Peyton making the difference, but could be an option.

St Louis Rams - Tough call. Fisher would be a good coach for him, but are they ready to give up on Bradford?

Miami Dolphins** - Dont think they really have a chance to win with Peyton.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Dont think they really have a chance to win with Peyton.

Buffalo Bills - Dont think they are playoff Material with manning (wrote this from the outsiders perspective)

Cleveland Browns** - Even Peyton coulndt take this team to the SB

Tampa Bay Bucs - Alot of money to spend when you already have a good young QB on the roster

Arizona Cardinals - Just unloaded a ton of money for a Kolb.

Minnesota Vikings** - Cant see them giving up on Ponder yet.

Denver Broncos* - How would the fans react to this one?! Cant see them going in any direction other than Tebow.

Baltimore Ravens* - Just made the AFC Championship game with Flacco. NOt a chance

San Francisco 49ers* - Alex Smith might be better than Peyton Manning at this point

I believe that anyone who thinks Peyton will go to the Jest is delusional. Eli has finally come into his own and is being talked about as an elite QB. He now owns that town. The Mannings appear to be a very tight-knit family. The last thing big brother (and dad) would want would be for the spotlight to be deflected from little brother. Peyton has achieved legendary status across the league. Right or wrong, Eli would always be compared to Peyton in NYC, more so than in another market. If PM was across town, every mistake by EM would be greatly magnified and scrutinized by the NYC media and fans. I don't believe the family wants that kind of negativity and pressure on Eli. He's carved out his own niche...NYC is his playground. Peyton has several other playgrounds he can potentially own. NYC won't be one of them. Add the fact that NYC media outlets like SNY & YES keep saying that there is more internal strife within the Jest organization than was originally reported and Peyton to NYC doesn't make sense.

I think it's a 70% possibility the Bills will be playing against Manning twice next year, with MIA the most likely and NYJ the second most likely. He won't go to a team with O-Line needs, and will go to a place that's warm or indoors.

I believe that anyone who thinks Peyton will go to the Jest is delusional. Eli has finally come into his own and is being talked about as an elite QB. He now owns that town. The Mannings appear to be a very tight-knit family. The last thing big brother (and dad) would want would be for the spotlight to be deflected from little brother. Peyton has achieved legendary status across the league. Right or wrong, Eli would always be compared to Peyton in NYC, more so than in another market. If PM was across town, every mistake by EM would be greatly magnified and scrutinized by the NYC media and fans. I don't believe the family wants that kind of negativity and pressure on Eli. He's carved out his own niche...NYC is his playground. Peyton has several other playgrounds he can potentially own. NYC won't be one of them. Add the fact that NYC media outlets like SNY & YES keep saying that there is more internal strife within the Jest organization than was originally reported and Peyton to NYC doesn't make sense.

Plus Peyton and big mouth Ryan would be like mixing oil and water.

If he went to either the Jets or the Fins that could be scary !! The jets have a good O line which would favor Peyton & for that matter so do the Fins when all there guy are healthy ..

I think with all the talk & with the Fins QB situation so up in the air along with the fact that somewhere i read a article that the Fins were ready & willing to spend the money that , that will be his landing place !!!

Sucks for our division b/c now we will have the 2 best QB's ever in the AFC east :cry: :cry: !!

My take is the phins are gonna go full bore after Matt Flynn mainly because of the Philbin their new HC.

That leaves the Jets and Redskins as front runners who have the money and desire to obtain Manning.

On a side note I do believe that both Arizona and Buffalo could dump their current QB's & their hefty contracts "IF" they actually could sign Manning.

The bills don't have the line, the TE, the WR's so I think there is no way on earth he signs here, even if the Bills went after him. OTOH Arizona went 8-8 and many think Kolb is a complete bust, so....

NONE.......Peyton is DONE.....he will never play again....

Colts will cut Peyton before the $28 mil bonus is due. Irsay will then claim, he wants Peyton back "IF" healthy (all PR double talk).

Peyton will continue to rehab, but his neck will never be healthy enough to risk further injury. Peyton will RETIRE.

NONE.......Peyton is DONE.....he will never play again....

Colts will cut Peyton before the $28 mil bonus is due. Irsay will then claim, he wants Peyton back "IF" healthy (all PR double talk).

Peyton will continue to rehab, but his neck will never be healthy enough to risk further injury. Peyton will RETIRE.

Sadly, I think this is how it plays out.

My thoughts on the list (re-ordered to refelct likelihood). Although after going through this...im not sure there is a "good" spot for him.

San Francisco 49ers* - Alex Smith might be better than Peyton Manning at this point

really?............the reason smith was so good this year is because harbaugh is a master mind with QB's. run first pass if he has too. I could see him in sanfran

None. He walks away just like Aikman.

What??? No Cowboys...the great Kitna has

retired and Jerry's "girls" need a new # 2.!!

LOL!!

I was just about to post, what no Cowboys on the list? But CowgirlsFan beat me to it. Just a hunch, but if Peyton becomes available, I look for JJ to make a major push to try to get him.

And, I doubt very seriously he just "walks away" unless he physically can't do it anymore. It's in is blood and now that his doofy little brother is going to SB, it's gotta grate on him even more.

Edited by reddogblitz

How great would it be to see Manning with that red buffalo on his helmet next year. It would be a terrific sign to the fan base that Wilson was serious about changing the culture here. I think he's sell out every game before the season opened and even have a wait-list for season tickets.