All Peyton Manning, all the time!

My thoughts on the list (re-ordered to refelct likelihood). Although after going through this...im not sure there is a "good" spot for him.

NY Jets* - Possible. Organization is a mess, but alot of it is Sanchez, it is in a big market, and near his brother. Seems the most likely destination

THIS. A marketer's dream, and bad for us.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will follow Kurt Warner's footsteps to Arizona and have success there. Kolb will watch from the bench for the next 2-3 seasons or be traded away.

THIS. A marketer's dream, and bad for us.

just imagine if he played for the Jets and played against Eli's Giants in the Superbowl when it is in New Jersey. Now that would be the NFL's dream come true.

I still think Manning retires. He isn't healthy. He's a legend in Indy. How he handles things right now will define his legacy and his career after football. He's aware of that. So is Irsay.

However, should he not retire, I see him delaying the bonus to engineer a trade where both he and the Colts make out on the deal. He goes to where he wants to, and Indy gets some compensation back in return.

Out of the teams listed, I picked the Cardinals. Dome team, excellent WR talent, overall good team that isn't in the AFC nor has to face the old home crowd. I don't think he'll be playing in the AFC at all nor in the NFC East. This guy isn't a mercenary to the highest bidder.

Edited by dpberr

He will follow Kurt Warner's footsteps to Arizona and have success there. Kolb will watch from the bench for the next 2-3 seasons or be traded away.

just imagine if he played for the Jets and played against Eli's Giants in the Superbowl when it is in New Jersey. Now that would be the NFL's dream come true.

A different dream would be to sign for a team in the NFC East and play Eli TWICE

a year!!!

NONE.......Peyton is DONE.....he will never play again....

Colts will cut Peyton before the $28 mil bonus is due. Irsay will then claim, he wants Peyton back "IF" healthy (all PR double talk).

Peyton will continue to rehab, but his neck will never be healthy enough to risk further injury. Peyton will RETIRE.

Report: Peyton hits a plateau:

Two unnamed “league-affiliated doctors with experience in spinal fusion surgery” tell Cole that it could take up to a year for Manning to know if he can return to action.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/report-peyton-hits-a-plateau/

The 35-year-old quarterback hasn't practiced since having a spinal fusion Sept. 8. The surgery was intended to repair a damaged nerve in his neck that caused weakness in his throwing arm. It was Manning's third neck surgery in 19 months and the most risky and complicated of the three.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7304392/peyton-manning-doctor-says-fusion-healed-firmly

my friend had "spinal fusion" surgery in October of 2010 (15 months ago) and he still aint right. There is no way in hell Peyton risks taking a "hit" at anytime in the 2012 season. Peyton has all the money he needs, as i have previously stated for months, he will RETIRE before he plays another NFL game.

theres more......

INDIANAPOLIS – For all the discussion over Peyton Manning’s future with the Indianapolis Colts, the underlying issue is that people close to him don’t believe he’ll resume his career.

The nerves in Manning’s arm are not healing as quickly as hoped and, worse, don’t appear to be progressing at enough of a rate to indicate that he will play again, according to two sources with knowledge of Manning’s rehabilitation from neck surgery. The vertebrae in his neck that were fused have healed as expected and Manning began throwing in December. But he hasn’t shown improvement in velocity on his passes, and the two sources fear he likely never will again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_peyton_manning_colts_neck_surgery_jim_irsay013012

This guy isn't a mercenary to the highest bidder.

Oh, yes he is! While I totally agree with those who think he will retire as a Colt, if for some reason that doesn't work out Peyton will play hardball to get everything he wants and more. Remember what happened when Eli was drafted? The same "advisor" is calling this one. His name is Archie.

Mark my words, if Peyton plays he'll end up looking like a prick just like his brother did at the draft.

if he plays i think he selects a city with good weather or dome.

i selected miami but considered vikes. mihammy wants a qb and minnesota did give up on ponder. PONDER SUCKS SO BAD. any mildly intelligent coach realized that.

i think peyton is the best qb of all time. dont want him to go yet.

who voted for seattle??? they love tavaris jackson over there. of course a healthy peyton is an upgrade, but they have bigger needs there.

My take is the phins are gonna go full bore after Matt Flynn mainly because of the Philbin their new HC.

That leaves the Jets and Redskins as front runners who have the money and desire to obtain Manning.

On a side note I do believe that both Arizona and Buffalo could dump their current QB's & their hefty contracts "IF" they actually could sign Manning.

The bills don't have the line, the TE, the WR's so I think there is no way on earth he signs here, even if the Bills went after him. OTOH Arizona went 8-8 and many think Kolb is a complete bust, so....

I voted for the Jets, but have changed my mind due to the other posts on here. NO way with Eli, and Rex Ryan. Arizona makes sense, as does MIA. Zona might make the most sense as it never rains there, and he has the best WR in football to throw the ball too. Imagine a lineup with Manning, Fitz and Wayne!

Kind of surprised to see all of the Jets votes. I just don't see Manning wanting to spend his last couple of football years with that self hating, imploding, locker room. Rex Ryan is one more crap spewing rant, ending in a stream of tears, from getting fired. Not to mention dealing with the added expectations and pressure going to NY brings. The Jets might be one more year away from a full fledged rebuilding, I doubt Manning wants to be a part of that.

He might also factor in being in the same division as the Pats, his arch-nemesis. Of course the Dolphins would be affected the same way, but that team has a new coach and some talented players. The team would be his if he chose...

i love Peyton....but, all Peyton's records should have an "*" asterik next to them.....for playing in a dome.

Joe Montana's postseason record: 16-7, 4 titles. Tom Brady's postseason record: 14-4, three titles. Peyton Manning's? A paltry 9-10 with one title.

check his playoff record....check his record in open air stadiums....

Ok, first of all I think Peyton wants to play again at some point, but will he even be healthy enough come September or sometime during next season?

It could take another year for him to fully recover and if and when he does fully recover... he will play again IMO. If he doesn't then he retires. Ex Packer WR Sterling Sharpe had the same type of injury and he chose to immediately retire, and he also chose a different type of surgery. One that gives a chance at a better quality of life, rather then returning to play football like Manning had, at least that is the way Sharpe commented about it.

All the media is speculating he will be released before the combine because the Colts don't want to pay that 28 million bonus that's due. I doubt he gets traded because nobody knows if he will recover or not. So I guess now the question is which team has enough money to sign him and then wait to see if he fully recovers.

The Redskins, Browns and Dolphins need / want a QB asap so I highly doubt those teams will go after him now. Dallas, Baltimore, Denver and most importantly the Jets have the money and the patience. So I'm still thinking the Jets.

Frankly, I don't see him playing anywhere in 2012 and no one is going to trade for him and absorb that contract with so much uncertainty about his health.

I think the most likely senario is that he agrees to rework his contract to let Isray off the hook for the big bonus payment, or at least defers it until he's able to play again.

Oh, yes he is! While I totally agree with those who think he will retire as a Colt, if for some reason that doesn't work out Peyton will play hardball to get everything he wants and more. Remember what happened when Eli was drafted? The same "advisor" is calling this one. His name is Archie.

Mark my words, if Peyton plays he'll end up looking like a prick just like his brother did at the draft.

...and that's why I think he won't do it. He jeopardizes his future career in broadcasting, television and/or coaching by running off and playing for another team.

If I'm Manning I retire and make more money doing what I was born to do. Commercials and SNL. The man is hilarious.

i love Peyton....but, all Peyton's records should have an "*" asterik next to them.....for playing in a dome.

just like the Cheatriots? Tuck Rule, Spy Gate, Clock Gate, the ever constant protect Bray rules aka below the knee rule!!!

Peyton - yes just one guy - kept the Colts in the playoffs for many seasons! yes even when playing outdoors

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever