All Peyton Manning, all the time!

If the bills want him they can probably have him. Everyone says he would never come to Buffalo, and he would not chose to come to Buffalo. When he is cut however, he will have to clear waivers before becoming free. If the bills simply put a waiver claim on him, he would be a bill. That would mean giving him a $28 million dollar bonus, but no other team will place a waiver claim. They will let him clear waivers, then try to negotiate a contract with him.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton is looking to follow in the footsteps of that other great passer, Drew Bledsoe. The team that signs him will regret it.

The difference is that whoever gets him will not have to give up a first round pick like the bills did to get Bledsoe.

And the other big difference of course is that Bledsoe never was half the QB Manning became.

To start, Bledsoe only ever had two seasons out of 14 with a passer rating over 85 (1997, 2002) with a career high year at 87.7 and a career average of 77.1. Manning has only had two seasons out of 13 below 85 (rookie year 1998 and 2001) with a career high of 121.1 and a career average of 94.9.

breaking news...

Peyton Manning's 14-year career as a member of the Indianapolis Colts is coming to an end.

Sources close to the team told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the announcement will come at a news conference in Indianapolis on Wednesday with both Manning and owner Jim Irsay in attendance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7653897/sources-indianapolis-colts-part-peyton-manning-wednesday

Edited by papazoid

Has there ever been an athlete this big that was outright released by his team? Not counting over the hill guys or malcontents or anything like that.

Manning is an over the hill guy until he proves otherwise no?

Many reasons. One would be karma for all the times he threw his teammates under the bus. Mostly cause I just don't like him.

Im not disputing that he is a phenomenal QB. However I've always sensed he was fake and not a genuine guy. I believe that stuff that came out about the female trainer at Tenessee. Eli seems much different.......

Manning is an over the hill guy until he proves otherwise no?

Not really. He didn't look over the hill the last time he actually played. If the doctors clear him there is no reason to think he can't get at least near the level he played at in 2010. I was talking more along the lines of guys who literally get cut, say during a season because their play had disintegrated so badly. Particularly for a franchise guy like him this seems pretty unprecedented.

Im not disputing that he is a phenomenal QB. However I've always sensed he was fake and not a genuine guy. I believe that stuff that came out about the female trainer at Tenessee. Eli seems much different.......

Exactly.. Major props go to P-Gump's PR people who have done a great job at rehab-ing and re-shaping his image.

Not really. He didn't look over the hill the last time he actually played. If the doctors clear him there is no reason to think he can't get at least near the level he played at in 2010. I was talking more along the lines of guys who literally get cut, say during a season because their play had disintegrated so badly. Particularly for a franchise guy like him this seems pretty unprecedented.

No way they do this if Andrew Luck isnt there for the taking. He makes Peyton expendable.