All Peyton Manning, all the time!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NONE.......Peyton is DONE.....he will never play again....

Colts will cut Peyton before the $28 mil bonus is due. Irsay will then claim, he wants Peyton back "IF" healthy (all PR double talk).

Peyton will continue to rehab, but his neck will never be healthy enough to risk further injury. Peyton will RETIRE.

The guy's got a family. If he were to risk his long term health in a d@#k-contest with his little brother, he'd be an IDIOT. I think Peyton bows out gracefully.

NFL network had a doctor on who specializes in the type of neck surgery Manning had done. This doc has done 120 of these surgeries a year for the last 20 years. In regards to nerve regeneration he stated that if the injury is recovering progressively Manning should ultimately recover, but it could take up to 2 years. Manning is starting to practice and "his' doctors cleared him to practice.Once he does fully recover he shouldn't have any lasting trouble again with the same injury, in other words he should be fine and have the same chance of another neck injury as any other NFL player.

This all boils down to the Colts owner not wanting to pay Manning the 28 million due him. I know its a what have you done for me lately league, but c'mon man. 10 years in the playoffs, 4 time league MVP, one SB win, one SB loss. Plus the world saw how inept that team is without Manning,after all it was built around him. It would seem smarter to me to keep Manning in case Luck stinks it up. But then the Colts have some real salary cap problems as Freeny alone is set to make 14 mill this year. NFN, but I hope Luck does fall on his face.

Peter King (SI) states he thinks the Jets will make a big run at Manning just like they did with Brett Favre. :doh:

The Jets will have no qualms about paying Manning top dollar, unlike other teams I know...:bag:

New spin on an old story...

The Texans?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8542447

maybe positioning himself to let the Colts owner know what could happen should he let Manning go? or sweet revenge on the Colts owner "IF" he lets him walk

NFL network had a doctor on who specializes in the type of neck surgery Manning had done. This doc has done 120 of these surgeries a year for the last 20 years. In regards to nerve regeneration he stated that if the injury is recovering progressively Manning should ultimately recover, but it could take up to 2 years. Manning is starting to practice and "his' doctors cleared him to practice.Once he does fully recover he shouldn't have any lasting trouble again with the same injury, in other words he should be fine and have the same chance of another neck injury as any other NFL player.

This all boils down to the Colts owner not wanting to pay Manning the 28 million due him. I know its a what have you done for me lately league, but c'mon man. 10 years in the playoffs, 4 time league MVP, one SB win, one SB loss. Plus the world saw how inept that team is without Manning,after all it was built around him. It would seem smarter to me to keep Manning in case Luck stinks it up. But then the Colts have some real salary cap problems as Freeny alone is set to make 14 mill this year. NFN, but I hope Luck does fall on his face.

Peter King (SI) states he thinks the Jets will make a big run at Manning just like they did with Brett Favre. :doh:

The Jets will have no qualms about paying Manning top dollar, unlike other teams I know...:bag:

Why do you hope Luck falls on his face? Kid is a class act & a terrific QB. Yeah, going to acedemical school like Stanford, passing up millions even when his own coach deserted him to try to bring a NC to Palo Alto, graduating early, always saying the right things, showing true leadership abilities on & off the field, never getting in trouble. Yeah I guess in today's f*cked up way of thinking that classifies Luck as a jerk.LOL

As far as Manning, easy to spend other people's money isn't it. If Manning was so gung ho about staying a Colt he would offer to rework his contract knowing that the circumstances have definately changed since last summer. After all, didn't Manning make like $19 million last year for doing nothing more then standing on the sidelines. Bottomline here is Irsay knows that the Colts are not a true contender right now with or without Manning. Noway he cuts him a check for $28 million just out of the kindness of his heart. Time to rebuild the team with Luck as your QB.

New spin on an old story...

The Texans?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/13/report-peyton-may-be-interested-in-playing-for-the-texans/

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8542447

maybe positioning himself to let the Colts owner know what could happen should he let Manning go? or sweet revenge on the Colts owner "IF" he lets him walk

That is what I am thinking. Honeslty, I don't think the Texans would be that interested in Manning, unless the price was "seriously" right...or, if Shaub is done for next season too...it just doesn't make a ton of sense. I still say he ends up in Arizona, if anywhere else.

Edited by Buftex

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120214/SPORTS03/120214035/Irsay-Manning-We-can-make-work-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

"Owner Jim Irsay is open to Peyton Manning remaining with the Indianapolis Colts and finishing his NFL career where it began, but the ultimate decision will rest with wether the iconic quarterback is willing to restructure his contract."

Irsay puts Peyton in a corner:

So with all this talk about Peyton Manning supposedly being willing to take an incentive-based contract in recognition of the fact that his arm strength still hasn’t returned, an obvious question arises.

Would he do that for the Colts?

Owner Jim Irsay publicly has posed that very question today, according to Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star.

“We can make it work if he wants to be here,’’ Irsay said. “We’d be excited to have him back and finish his career with us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/irsay-puts-peyton-in-a-corner/

The way I read this, it is part of the continued public relations war between Peyton and Irsay. Basically, Irsay is trying to blame Manning for not finishing his career as a Colt by saying HOW MUCH THE COLTS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM BACK but at the right price.

This flies in the face of some other reports I've seen on the board.

Not a real change in my opinion. He is trying to make it look like Peyton chose not to stay with the Colts because he won't accept a restructured deal. They are battling in the court of public opinion, neither wants to look like the bad guy when they inevitably part ways. IMO