All Peyton Manning, all the time!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please let the Dolphins **** this up.

don't worry....this is team Manning...the master manipulators....

they are only using miami to help set the market.....he is going to a true contender......peytons window if not closed (i think he retires) is very short.

i say Houston #1, then the Jets.

Edited by papazoid

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82774c22/Manning-arrives-in-Miami?module=HP11_content_stream

I hope Manning signs with the Dolphins. With having to play against Brady & Manning twice a year, the Bills will have no choice but to make serious upgrades to their pass rush. The Bills will need to be one of the best rass rushing teams in football in order to compete in the AFC East. If Manning does sign with the Phins, I hope it happens before the start of free agency (March 13th), maybe then the Bills will seriously consider signing Mario Williams.

Saints! Why not take a 36 yr old manning to 33 year old brees for less than half the price? Dome team with great WR corp, louisiana his home state, contendet, Brees is holding out for money that would make it impossible to fill out a strong roster ... This makes sense.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Saints! Why not take a 36 yr old manning to 33 year old brees for less than half the price? Dome team with great WR corp, louisiana his home state, contendet, Brees is holding out for money that would make it impossible to fill out a strong roster ... This makes sense.

If you entirely removed passion from the equation, sure, why not? But Brees means a lot more to New Orleans than simply what he brings to the field. He is symbolic of their turnaround, he chose New Orleans when the city was at a relative low, and he brought them a title. It's not easy to just ditch the face of a franchise like that, even when a Hall of Famer with hometown connections is available.

1) Manning won't come here.

2) No one knows if he can still play like Peyton Manning.

3) We have more important positions to fill.

4) He's old and coming off a serious injury.

5) Didn't we learn anything from the Drew Bledsoe fiasco?

PTR

1) 36 is old in football years

2) coming off a a major, major injury

3) Buffalo cannot be first on his list = we'd have to sweeten the pot severely. Since Payton probably has no real need for more money, we're talking ownership stake.

4) Upsetting team chemistry

5) Though Fitz can be cut with relatively little expenditure, it's still dead money tied up in QBs when your new first-stringer carries many risks.

1) Manning won't come here.

2) No one knows if he can still play like Peyton Manning.

3) We have more important positions to fill.

4) He's old and coming off a serious injury.

5) Didn't we learn anything from the Drew Bledsoe fiasco?

PTR

there you go again.....letting facts get in the way of a good story....

Manning to Miami makes the most sense. Offensive minded coach and he stays in the AFC. The AFC east is about to get a little stronger. The only other team I see as a possibility is Houston.

Edited by turftoe

If I were Manning, I'd be looking long and hard at San Francisco. New league, new challenges, relatively easy division, great defense, a team on the upswing. If they are willing to give Alex Smith the boot that would be a chance worth taking for Peyton.

Miami is an organization fraught with issues; I'm not saying they outweigh the advantages for a guy like Manning, who could step in and kind of have his way with the team, but I imagine the hubris involved there might sink both parties. Same with the Jets (and I can't see Manning working with Sparano).

If I were to rank best places for him to go that seem possible (regardless of incumbent):

1) SF

2) Houston

3) Jets

4) Miami

If I were Manning, I'd be looking long and hard at San Francisco. New league, new challenges, relatively easy division, great defense, a team on the upswing. If they are willing to give Alex Smith the boot that would be a chance worth taking for Peyton.

Miami is an organization fraught with issues; I'm not saying they outweigh the advantages for a guy like Manning, who could step in and kind of have his way with the team, but I imagine the hubris involved there might sink both parties. Same with the Jets (and I can't see Manning working with Sparano).

If I were to rank best places for him to go that seem possible (regardless of incumbent):

1) SF

2) Houston

3) Jets

4) Miami

I'd switch the Jets and Miami, Manning and Rex Ryan and Tony Sporano? Ground and pound with the possibly greatest passer in the history of the NFL? I just don't see it. Plus Rex Ryan and Manning, I just cant see them getting along

Manning to Miami makes the most sense. Offensive minded coach and he stays in the AFC. The AFC east is about to get a little stronger. The only other team I see as a possibility is Houston.

Please explain? Cowherd is saying the same thing...but I just don't see it. I understand that he might want to stay in the same division, but I am not so sure the Texans would be willing to spend what it would take, and, unless Schuab is done (I haven't heard that, have you?) they have a fairly decent QB in place already. If the Texans aren't willing to pony up to re-sing Mario Williams, I just don't see how it makes a ton of sense for them to pursue Manning, at this point.