All Peyton Manning, all the time!

Why do people think Manning *can't* play in bad weather?

The data is pretty clear: Manning is less accurate outdoors, with a lower average per attempt, lower TD rate, higher INT rate and lower passer rating outdoors. More importantly, he wins just 60 percent of his games outdoors ....

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/03/07/peyton.manning/index.html#ixzz1ogHzFSN2

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The data is pretty clear: Manning is less accurate outdoors, with a lower average per attempt, lower TD rate, higher INT rate and lower passer rating outdoors. More importantly, he wins just 60 percent of his games outdoors ....

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1ogHzFSN2

Warning Sign 6 -- The Playoff Issue

Teams that believe Manning is the only thing standing between them and the Super Bowl might want to take a step back and take a long, hard look at Manning's postseason history.

Manning is one of the all-time great QBs, but if there's a black mark on his record, it's the consistently underwhelming performances year after year in the postseason.

Manning won 67.8 percent (141-67) of all his starts in the regular season, with a team built around his skills. Same quarterback, same team, same advantages, has gone just 9-10 in the postseason (.473) -- typically losing when the prolific offense of the regular season tanks in the postseason.

The Colts reached the playoffs in 11 of 13 seasons with Manning at the helm, but also failed to win a playoff game in seven of those 11 appearances -- the most one-and-done playoff appearances by any quarterback in history.

Even in Manning's single Super Bowl-winning season of 2006, the quarterback failed to sparkle. In fact, he threw just 3 TDs in four playoff games that year, against 8 INTs -- the worst TD-INT ratio of any Super Bowl-champion QB.

:D

You might be right, but I think this is EXACTLY the situation Elway wants. I think he's not sold on Tebow whatsoever, and what better way to get rid of him than to bring in one of the greatest QBs in NFL history? There is no argument that Manning is a huge upgrade, so there is no controversy from that standpoint. It's a perfect way for the Broncos to get rid of "baby jesus" and not have it result in a backlash from their fan base. As much as the Bronco fans love Tebow, I can't imagine they'd pass up the chance at Manning.

Very good point, i didn't think of it that way. You may very well be right.

Goodell?

No, the fact that he wants to get a deal wrapped up before the start of free agency on Tuesday… and that he has not thrown for any team yet.

What team is gonna throw huge gobs of money at a guy who has not proven he can throw the ball with the necessary velocity?

Well, it looks like its coming down to Denver and AZ, as some of us thought.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

Manning to Denver, and Tebow to the Bills as a backup! :P

Why wouldn't he go to Miami as a starter?

I mean if i am Denver and sign Manning, wouldn't i try to trade Tebow?

Surely you could get a second or thrd rounder for him, no?

Why wouldn't he go to Miami as a starter?

I mean if i am Denver and sign Manning, wouldn't i try to trade Tebow?

Surely you could get a second or thrd rounder for him, no?

Off the top of my head... The AFC East is a much tougher division. He'd be fighting for 2nd place in Miami, whereas in Denver, he'd be killing the division. Denver has a better D, and Elway running the show who would be willing to get Manning what he needed/wanted. Denver has already proven they are flexible in their Offense, and Im sure Fox would let Manning come in and run the offense so Fox could focus on the D. Denver has a better OLine (?). While Fox has only been there a year, he is a more established coach. Elway will give into demands if it means bringing Manning in, and allowing him a valid excuse to get rid of Tebow.

The only thing Miami has going for it is the weather. And that is assuming he wants to overheat and sweat his balls off for the first 2 months of the season.

Edited by DrDareustein

If Tebow continues to grow as a Quarterback, I'd have no problem bringing him in as a backup/wildcat guy (let Brad Smith focus on WR and surprise trick plays).

But I fear if we bring him here, that we'd get into the stupid fan pressure of making him the starter before the time is right.

I hope if we do pursue, that we don't spend much.

Interesting how most posts so far assume Tebow would be the backup to Fitz.

I do not make that assumption. And at least publicly, I suspect Gailey would say it is a open competition (as it should be for all positions).

Though that might be tough to do given the size of Fitz's new contract. Nix might fear how that makes him look.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Anyone who saw Tebow live will tell you, he is awful. The only game I ever saw with worse accuracy was when Derek Anderson completed two passes against Captain Checkdown. They didn't trust him to throw his way back into the game even when they were down by 20 points in the 4th. Personally I wouldn't touch Tebow with a 10 foot pole

Anyone who saw Tebow live will tell you, he is awful. The only game I ever saw with worse accuracy was when Derek Anderson completed two passes against Captain Checkdown. They didn't trust him to throw his way back into the game even when they were down by 20 points in the 4th. Personally I wouldn't touch Tebow with a 10 foot pole

He also took over a 1-4 team, lead them to the playoffs, and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just sayin...

Looks like its coming down to AZ and Denver, as a lot of us thought it would.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

Manning to Denver, Tebow to the Bills for a 4th to be our backup! Do it!

Tebow isn't worth a 4th. Guy can't hit the broadside of a barn. You think Fitz is inaccurate? You should see this guy

He also took over a 1-4 team, lead them to the playoffs, and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Just sayin...

The steelers game was impressive.I won't deny that but how many games did he go into the 4th quarter completing two passes? The defense kept them in games and the running game was his biggest ally. They ran an option offense all year, how long til the NFL catches up with that? If Denver, the team that he "turned around" is so willing to dump him, why should we be so eager to get him?

Tebow isn't worth a 4th. Guy can't hit the broadside of a barn. You think Fitz is inaccurate? You should see this guy

Tebow to the Jags is the rumor, since people still have Tebow #5 Florida Gator stickers on their trucks it would a no brainer for them.

Gaine Blabbert is likely a worse QB than Tebow.

You talk as if I havent been following Tebow "religiously" since his freshman year at Florida. 0:):devil::thumbsup:

Im very aware and honest with myself as to what Tebow is, and what he isnt. That is why I've posted about having him play backup and work with Lee and Gailey for a couple seasons, before thinking about handing the reins over.

The biggest thing right now is that we have NO competent backup to Fitz. Which has already forced Fitz to play with broken ribs and look even worse than he is. Tebow isnt great (yet), but he's better than Thigpen and has way more upside.

Id rather we spend a 4th on Tebow, than a rookie QB prospect who we hope can develop into a backup.

Tebow to the Jags is the rumor, since people still have Tebow #5 Florida Gator stickers on their trucks it would a no brainer for them.

Gaine Blabbert is likely a worse QB than Tebow.

I could see that too. Much more likely he goes to Jax where he has belonged all along. Part of me hopes he doesnt go to Miami, while part of me does. I dont want to have to route against him, but from what I saw in the Denver game against the Bills, I wouldnt mind playing him twice a year either.

Edited by DrDareustein