All Peyton Manning, all the time!

You talk as if I havent been following Tebow "religiously" since his freshman year at Florida. 0:):devil::thumbsup:

Im very aware and honest with myself as to what Tebow is, and what he isnt. That is why I've posted about having him play backup and work with Lee and Gailey for a couple seasons, before thinking about handing the reins over.

The biggest thing right now is that we have NO competent backup to Fitz. Which has already forced Fitz to play with broken ribs and look even worse than he is. Tebow isnt great (yet), but he's better than Thigpen and has way more upside.

Id rather we spend a 4th on Tebow, than a rookie QB prospect who we hope can develop into a backup.

Agree to disagree. I saw him play here in Buffalo and came away very underwhelmed. I've watched his stat line all year, highlights and wondered what all the hype was. I don't think he will ever be accurate enough to be a solid Nfl starter. JMO

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow isn't worth a 4th. Guy can't hit the broadside of a barn. You think Fitz is inaccurate? You should see this guy

For passes > 15 yards I'm not sure it is possible to be less accurate that Fitz. For the short passes I'm not sure.

Tebow brings the ability to run very successfully. Think of it like a constant wildcat threat.

And no matter if you love him or hate him, Tebow has shown the ability to win both in College and the Pros. Something the Bills have been sorely lacking in for a VERY long time.

The Bills could cut/trade pigpen and Brad Smith, though I doubt Gailey would want to dump pigpen.

Smithers would probably love the "buzz factor" for ticket sales.

Lots of potential reasons to want him. But Nix just giving Fitz that shiny new contract would definitely stand in the way.

I want you guys to watch this video, if you've never seen it before:

Specifically, starting at the 6:30 mark.

Now, I want you to think about the wind tunnel that is Ralph Wilson Stadium.

NOW, i want you to imagine the side arming, dead duck throwing, no accuracy having tim tebow playing all his home games in Buffalo New York. Or, for an even better mental exercise, just think back to week 16, when he played a game here.

Tim Tebow got denver to where they made it using one very important skill: the broncos defense.

If you think, for one second, that tim tebow could come into OUR stadium, with OUR defense, in OUR division and win any more than 0 football games, honest to god, if i was moderator of this forum, i would ban you for a month and just tell you to take some time to go for walks outside after dinner, and really rethink some fundamental beliefs that you have built up over the course of your life.

the guy, can NOT, play quarterback.

it's why the TEAM THAT HE CURRENTLY PLAYS FOR AND MADE IT TO THE DIVISIONAL ROUND WITH is doing everything in their power to NOT have him be their starting quarterback next season.

Edited by JohnnyGold

San Diego GM A. J. Smith takes shot at Papa Manning....

Eight years ago, the Manning family made a power play aimed directly at the man who holds all of it in San Diego. The Chargers had the first pick in the 2004 draft, G.M. A.J. Smith wanted to take Eli Manning, and Manning family patriarch Archie made it clear that Eli wanted no part of the franchise.

“I don’t know, and I really don’t care,” Smith told Kevin Acee of U-T San Diego. “I concentrate on the Chargers.”

And then it appeared that Smith tried to make it better, until he decided to take a more subtle slap.

“I do wish him the best in whatever the Manning family decides,” Smith said. “I don’t know why you would ask me. And I don’t know why anyone is asking Peyton. If you really want to know what’s going on — what trips he’s making and where he’s going to play — call Archie.”

Ouch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/11/a-j-smith-chimes-in-on-the-peyton-chase/

youtube.com/watch?v=c6EguTZFK5s

NOW, i want you to imagine the side arming, dead duck throwing, no accuracy having tim tebow playing all his home games in Buffalo New York. Or, for an even better mental exercise, just think back to week 16, when he played a game here.

Tim Tebow got denver to where they made it using one very important skill: the broncos defense.

If you think, for one second, that tim tebow could come into OUR stadium, with OUR defense, in OUR division and win any more than 0 football games, honest to god, if i was moderator of this forum, i would ban you for a month and just tell you to take some time to go for walks outside after dinner, and really rethink some fundamental beliefs that you have built up over the course of your life.

it's why the TEAM THAT HE CURRENTLY PLAYS FOR AND MADE IT TO THE DIVISIONAL ROUND WITH is doing everything in their power to NOT have him be their starting quarterback next season.

I could not agree more, well said.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6EguTZFK5s

Merril Hoge, is that you? Concussions are a very bad thing.

I would take your challenge for zero wins at the ralph, any day of the week and twice on sunday.....so twice today.

the reason the Broncos are doing everything in their power to get rid of Tebow is because John Elway is the biggest douchebag ex-player turned exec since Matt Millen. In fact, welcome to Matt Millen 2.0.

Of course Elway was a douchebag since day one in the NFL....just ask the colts.

Edited by Garranimal

the reason the Broncos are doing everything in their power to get rid of Tebow is because John Elway is the biggest douchebag ex-player turned exec since Matt Millen. In fact, welcome to Matt Millen 2.0.

Right buddy, Elway's an a** because he wants a quarterback who can actually, I don't know, throw the ball accurately once in while. A QB that can throw it with a pro delivery, not one resembling a swinging barn door.

Or maybe you just think he's a douche because you're just one of the many Tebow ball washers with an irrational need to defend this fake kid no matter what despite all his obvious faults.

I know, it's everyone's fault but poor Timmy's. Elway's incompetent for preferring Peyton Manning to Tim Tebow, right? Completely crazy idea.

If Tebow continues to grow as a Quarterback, I'd have no problem bringing him in as a backup/wildcat guy (let Brad Smith focus on WR and surprise trick plays).

But I fear if we bring him here, that we'd get into the stupid fan pressure of making him the starter before the time is right.

I hope if we do pursue, that we don't spend much.

+1

I'd like tebow as a backup/sub-package guy too. Type of guy Gailey could get creative with, but the circus that follows him isn't worth it for a backup.

http://denver.cbsloc...g-with-broncos/

If things go the way they want, Manning will be playing for the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow will be playing elsewhere. The Broncos are determined that Peyton Manning is the man they want to be their quarterback.

I'd dump Fitz in a heartbeat for the Mile High Messiah :worthy:

Is this the "alternate universe" TBD bulletin board or what?

A vocal segment of this bulletin board disses on Fitz because he's "inaccurate" and "cant throw the long bomb", now we can't wait to dump him in favor of a guy who's thrown a total of 167 completions in 23 games (14 starts)

That's a whopping ~12 completions per start, with a groovy 47.3% completion percentage.

This IS the same board that complains about whether Fitz's completion percentage is 62% (this year) and might improve 2-3% to a top 10 64-65%, or whether it's really 58% (his career average), right?

And we want to dump him for a guy that can't hit the broad side of a barn until the last half of the 4th quarter, wins virtue of a killer defense, and has a lifetime completion percentage of 47.3%?

Right, Tebow's completion percentage and low number of completions (less than 10 completions per game, for the 23 games he's played), would have nothing to do with it.

It's all about John Elway being a douche.

"Douche" must have been redefined recently as "person with a head on his shoulders and visible to daylight when evaluating football personnel"

Either that or we've moved out of the universe where it's a passing game and one needs an elite QB to win playoffs.

Edited by Hopeful

Great video, thanks for posting that. I wonder how much effect a cracked rib can on mechanics...probably a lot.

Interesting how most posts so far assume Tebow would be the backup to Fitz.

I do not make that assumption. And at least publicly, I suspect Gailey would say it is a open competition (as it should be for all positions).

Though that might be tough to do given the size of Fitz's new contract. Nix might fear how that makes him look.

Very good point. competition is always good....

The steelers game was impressive.I won't deny that but how many games did he go into the 4th quarter completing two passes? The defense kept them in games and the running game was his biggest ally. They ran an option offense all year, how long til the NFL catches up with that? If Denver, the team that he "turned around" is so willing to dump him, why should we be so eager to get him?

...and how many of those games did they win?

Just for fun, but how long until the NFL picks up onto the spread and begins to start 6 DBs? It's already started. NE is already ahead of it by going with two TEs. There will always be fads in the NFL, it's just that those who recognize these first that are successful.