All Peyton Manning, all the time!

Please explain? Cowherd is saying the same thing...but I just don't see it. I understand that he might want to stay in the same division, but I am not so sure the Texans would be willing to spend what it would take, and, unless Schuab is done (I haven't heard that, have you?) they have a fairly decent QB in place already. If the Texans aren't willing to pony up to re-sing Mario Williams, I just don't see how it makes a ton of sense for them to pursue Manning, at this point.

The Texans have all the pieces in place, but still a question mark at QB. Schaub can't stay healthy, and Yates isn't quite there yet (if he'll ever be). Houston is a perfect place for Manning to go, to try and win another championship over the next 2-3 years.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside, if one thinks the Bills are the red-headed step-child in the division now, wait and see what happens if Miami inks Manning. The Bills will be considered the whipping boy of the AFC East!! Talk about being irrelevant!

All the more reason to be serious about Mario Williams.

The Texans have all the pieces in place, but still a question mark at QB. Schaub can't stay healthy, and Yates isn't quite there yet (if he'll ever be). Houston is a perfect place for Manning to go, to try and win another championship over the next 2-3 years.

and even bigger, schaub only has one year left. at this point its 6 of one or a half dozen of the other for either qb long run -- why not hitch your wagon to manning who has a higher ceiling if your giving a big deal to one of them this offseason.

with a strong D, warm weather (and convertable roof - great for manning), great running game, and add reggie wayne to andre johnson and all those tight ends, a division with a rebuilding colts, jags, and titans (no established qbs).... theyd immediately be the favorite for the bowl barring health issues.

Edited by NoSaint

I think peyton manning was one of the greatest QB to ever play the game and still might be but i do not want him in buffalo, i feel he is one hit away from his career ending, i hope for the best for him and i hope he proves me wrong and if he proves me wright i hope its in a dolphins or jets uniform and sets there team back 3 years .....GO BILLS!!

If I were to rank best places for him to go that seem possible (regardless of incumbent):

1) SF

2) Houston

3) Jets

4) Miami

My list would be

I would remove the Jets completely as well. I think the Cardinals have to be high on the list. They won 7 of their last 9, play in a warm weather dome, have larry fitzgerald, and have a track record of doing this (ie Warner). It's earl to call a best fit but I would say your 3 plus az have to be at the top. I would have no problem being the texans and dumping schaub. He keeps getting hurt and tj yates played solidly last year for them. Schaub is also 31 so hes not exactly a spring chicken either.

I think peyton manning was one of the greatest QB to ever play the game and still might be but i do not want him in buffalo, i feel he is one hit away from his career ending, i hope for the best for him and i hope he proves me wrong and if he proves me wright i hope its in a dolphins or jets uniform and sets there team back 3 years .....GO BILLS!!

nope I'm with you. The Bills aren't a quick fix qb away so the risk doesn't equal the reward. Must be a 315 thing :beer:

As an aside, if one thinks the Bills are the red-headed step-child in the division now, wait and see what happens if Miami inks Manning. The Bills will be considered the whipping boy of the AFC East!! Talk about being irrelevant!

All the more reason to be serious about Mario Williams.

Probably the worst reason to make a move: worrying ESPN won't talk about you enough. :doh: Signing Manning is a huge gamble. I hope the Fins do it.

PTR

Per PFT, Manning prefers the AFC to the NFC. Makes sense.

My bets on where he lands in order:

Tennessee

Kansas City

Arizona

Miami

All four teams could throw their starting QBs under the bus with an upgrade (which is questionable in my mind given his health) at the position.

Edited by dpberr

Houston makes little to no sense, cap strapped team whose offensive system relies HEAVILY on play action bootlegs and roll outs...manning = the antithesis of rollout/bootleg QB...

most sense is Arizona/Miami and I would almost guarantee he goes there

Probably the worst reason to make a move: worrying ESPN won't talk about you enough. :doh: Signing Manning is a huge gamble. I hope the Fins do it.

PTR

Now that's contrarian thinking. I wouldn't put it past the fish to screw-up a Manning signing, but I am more concerned with winning than pundits. We need pass rushers and will need them even more if Manning plays in Miami.

Having a healthy Peyton Manning makes every NFL team better. Peyton coming to Buffalo would be so over the top. Imagine number 18 in red white and blue, the Bills would gain some respect sure. I'd offer him $ 1 dollar to play here with a 35 Million dollar bonus if he wins the Super Bowl, does anyone know if he likes wings and beef on weck ? I'll bet the mayor would give him the key to the city like he did for T.O.

My two hopes regarding Manning.

1. He doesn't sign with the Fins or Jets.

2. He doesn't sign with anyone quickly so QB-hungry teams will have to keep cap money available to woo him. With less people competing with us, we might have an easier time wooing other top-tier FAs.

Having a healthy Peyton Manning makes every NFL team better. Peyton coming to Buffalo would be so over the top. Imagine number 18 in red white and blue, the Bills would gain some respect sure. I'd offer him $ 1 dollar to play here with a 35 Million dollar bonus if he wins the Super Bowl, does anyone know if he likes wings and beef on weck ? I'll bet the mayor would give him the key to the city like he did for T.O.

The bills can't have someone start over fitz! He cut his hair for Stevie!

not wasting any time....

Peyton Manning's camp is aiming to make a decision on where he will play next season within the next week, according to sources, who add that while Manning prefers to stay in the AFC, he is open to playing in the NFC.

sources tell ESPN that the Arizona Cardinals, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos and New York Jets have actually been in contact with Manning's representatives.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7659947/peyton-manning-aims-pick-team-week-sources-say

Arizona does seem reasonable, good call. Broncos seems like a bad idea, and I can't imagine Payton wanting to go play in the elements after a career spent in a dome.

Seattle's a dark-horse. For same reasons as Jets, I think it less likely - too strong a personality in the HC seat.

Sorry, isn't that Naaman's number? He could sell it to Peyton and retire!!! :flirt:

Houston makes little to no sense, cap strapped team whose offensive system relies HEAVILY on play action bootlegs and roll outs...manning = the antithesis of rollout/bootleg QB...

most sense is Arizona/Miami and I would almost guarantee he goes there

Umm...you tailor an offensive system to Manning, not the other way around. I guarantee you Texans' players would froth at the mouth at the prospect of landing Peyton.