Final 2012 HOF Finalists

papazoid

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis Martin? I guess stats are the key ingredient. I can close my eyes and see OJ, Sanders, Sayers, Smith etc. running the ball. I can't for the life of me conger up an immage of Curtis Martin. He wasn't a game changer (IMO) and he doesn't belong. For him to make it as the only 'skill' offensive player does not work for me.

IMO Brown, Reed and Carter are each more deserving.

What's the reason to shut down one thread and then start another?

Anyway, I heard on the radio that Andre made it to the final ten again. Who else made the ten but didn't get chosen?

Are there any shoo-in first year candidates next year?

What's the reason to shut down one thread and then start another?

Anyway, I heard on the radio that Andre made it to the final ten again. Who else made the ten but didn't get chosen?

Are there any shoo-in first year candidates next year?

Because now the final list is out.

I haven't found a list of the final 10, but I did see one article that said Bettis did not make those 10.

Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin are you joking NFL Seriously,they didn't choose Andre Reed, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley & Bill Parcells

Charles Haley has 5 Superbowl rings how many does Chris Doleman & Cortez Kennedy have AHH... ZERO, Curtis Martin really... come on this pick was made because when was the last time a Patriot or Jet was induced into the HOF & who is in the Superbowl this Oh the Patriots. Dermonte Dawson & Willie Roaf I can except but the rest No Way

I haven't found a list of the final 10, but I did see one article that said Bettis did not make those 10.

Final 10: Carter, Dawson, Doleman, Haley, Kennedy, Martin, Parcells, Reed, Roaf, Williams

Jerome Bettis

Tim Brown

Jack Butler*

Cris Carter (final 10)

Dermontti Dawson

Eddie DeBartolo

Chris Doleman

Kevin Greene

Charles Haley (final 10)

Cortez Kennedy

Curtis Martin

Bill Parcells (final 10)

Andre Reed (final 10)

William Roaf

Will Shields

Dick Stanfel *

Aeneas Williams (final 10)

Andre & Tuna got robbed... and Chris friggin' Doleman over Charles Haley is beyond ridiculous. :thumbdown:

If Willie Roaf was a true HOF-er, the Saints wouldn't have given him away to the Chiefs for a song while he still had quality years in him. Dawson belongs, meh on Kennedy, meh on C-Mart, Andre is far more worthy. Glad that Cris Carter didn't make it though, and also glad that the Bus didn't make the Final 10.

Willie Roaf? Who the heck is he? I've been watching professional football for 40 years and I'll be damned if I can say I've heard of the guy before today....The selectors must have been drunk...

He is more deserving than Doleman, Martin and Kennedy. You probably just don't know him because he was an offensive lineman on some bad saints teams.

Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin are you joking NFL Seriously,they didn't choose Andre Reed, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley & Bill Parcells

Charles Haley has 5 Superbowl rings how many does Chris Doleman & Cortez Kennedy have AHH... ZERO, Curtis Martin really... come on this pick was made because when was the last time a Patriot or Jet was induced into the HOF & who is in the Superbowl this Oh the Patriots. Dermonte Dawson & Willie Roaf I can except but the rest No Way

Yes, this I do not understand. Haley was more of a difference maker, character issues are keeping him out.

While I disagree with Doleman & Kennedy, the Super Bowl rings are irrelevant. A Super Bowl is a team effort, one player does not win a Super Bowl.

It is a shame the Michael Irvin made it in a couple of years ago. Sure he was on three teams that won the super bowl, but Carter, Brown, and Reed would have too had they played on those Dallas teams.

Are you saying the team Reed played for wasn't good?

I think Kennedy, and Doleman aee horrible nominations(As far as the HoF goes). Roaf i'm kind of meh on, but I will say Martin belongs. 130 TD's over 17000 yards from scrimmage,thats a grear career for a running back. Martin had a much better career than Bettis.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BettJe00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MartCu00.htm

Edited by mob16151

Unless I'm mistaken, Andre played in four times as many Super Bowls as this entire class of enshrinees combined (Dawson: 1. The rest: zero.)

While I'm not a fan of this class, and think Reed should have been in the first time he was eligible, what does this classes Superbowl appearances have to do with anything. Because if you extend that reasoning to it's logical conclusion, then a guy like Barry Sanders shouldn't be a HoF'er.

While I'm not a fan of this class, and think Reed should have been in the first time he was eligible, what does this classes Superbowl appearances have to do with anything. Because if you extend that reasoning to it's logical conclusion, then a guy like Barry Sanders shouldn't be a HoF'er.

It doesn't have anything to do with it. Just thought it was interesting. I'm willing to bet you can go a long way back before finding another class with a combined zero Super Bowl rings. And that's RINGS, not just appearances.

I just did, in fact, and went back to the mid-70s (when SB winners started becoming eligible for the most part) before giving up. The closest I came was 1991 when no player had a ring but Tex Schramm, who did, was also a class member.

Edited by BRH

It doesn't have anything to do with it. Just thought it was interesting. I'm willing to bet you can go a long way back before finding another class with a combined zero Super Bowl rings.

I just did, in fact, and went back to the mid-70s (when SB winners started becoming eligible for the most part) before giving up. The closest I came was 1991 when no player had a ring but Tex Schramm, who did, was also a class member.

Got you. I wasn't sure where you were going with that.

When I saw the list of 15, I really thought that this would be the year they used to break open the logjam at WR and elect Reed and Carter. That would have left room for Martin, an OL and one more. I agree with many that Kennedy and Doleman were nice players but not extraordinary.

I would have gone 1 step further and elected Reed, Carter and Brown then added Dawson and Martin.

Someone needs to explain to me how Art Monk is in the HOF and Reed, Carter, and Brown are not? This is total BS.

Cortez Kennedy? I was shocked he even made it to to the final ten let alone gets enshrined. Doleman? You have got to be kidding.

Martin has the numbers but he could have waited a few years.

Roaf and Dawson are worthy.

I can't see Reed ever making it now.

Andre & Tuna got robbed... and Chris friggin' Doleman over Charles Haley is beyond ridiculous. :thumbdown:

If Willie Roaf was a true HOF-er, the Saints wouldn't have given him away to the Chiefs for a song while he still had quality years in him. Dawson belongs, meh on Kennedy, meh on C-Mart, Andre is far more worthy. Glad that Cris Carter didn't make it though, and also glad that the Bus didn't make the Final 10.

Clearly you don't know the stories about Joe horn sleeping with Willie roafs wife for an extended period before Willie finding out and flying off the deepens on ol Joe. Wasn't a good situation or a choice made based on talent. Willie was leaving, just a matter of if he was going to jail for killing his "teammate" in the process.