Netflix Gets Christmas Games

This will be problematic given the 24 hours of “A Christmas Story” that’s supposed to be playing in the background on a loop at the house…plus the fact that oh by the way, it’s Christmas??????????  🙈. Just hope the Bills don’t ever play at this time that’s supposed to be spent with family far and wide, many of whom don’t watch football to begin with. 🤷🏼‍♂️. /rant. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

All the complaining is becoming insufferable. And what's more, the complainers are addicted to football just like everyone else and will watch the games despite their belly aching. Or maybe a few of them won't, which will be completely insignificant.

And they act like a streaming service hosting a game is the worst thing in the world. What about the days of games being blacked out? Or having to spend an arm and a leg for NFL Sunday Ticket, which you had to have an expensive cable subscription on top of anyway?

A lot of the same people whining about the streamed games would have no problem going out and spending an arm and a leg at a bar to watch their team -- like you had to do before Sunday Ticket.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Oh good Lord, is there always going to be someone whining about something that someone else says about any and every topic?

We, me and my family, are blessed to be comfortable enough in this day and time to not have to worry about a $15-$17 subscription to a streaming channel. We have Netfilx, Prime, Hulu, and I'm thinking about ditching Xfinity for YouTube. That's not the case for everyone. Some of those people, who are not in the same place we are, do like and watch football. Corporate greed is cutting out some of that fanbase, whether you want to admit it or not. 

You, too, have a choice. Whatever you choose is up to you. 

I'm sure all of those unfortunate football fans you are taking a stand for appreciate you very much.  🙄

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

I don’t have it. When it was around $9 a month, i didn’t mind too much, but i hardly ever watched it, so when they started charging $15 that was enough for me.  

Don't go for ad free.  Get the basic package with ads.  It's 6.99 plus tax per month.  The ads are not the least intrusive.  Much better than watching regular tv ads.

I have no issue with the streaming aspect.

However, I doubt I'll ever be watching Christmas day games, even if it's the Bills.

Thanksgiving is one thing. Football has been shown on Thanksgiving for so long that it's kind of become a part of the tradition of the day for many families in this country. 

Christmas, though, is a bridge too far for me. It's a day I typically really enjoy spending with my wife and my family and friends, and I simply don't want to siphon off six hours of it to stare at the TV.

Everybody's different, and to each their own. For those that are going to watch, I hope y'all enjoy the games thoroughly. No judgement at all on my part. It's just not for me.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

KC-Pitt; Baltimore-Houston are the Christmas games.

Good!

All teams I’m happy to see playing on Christmas Day, and especially on a Wednesday! How do you work that in without really messing up your routine. Much worse than a Monday, and even worse than a Thursday Night Game. Once again, the NFL is more interested in the money than the integrity of the games or the welfare of the players. 

I’m a Bills fan, but less of an NFL fan as the years go by and they try to squeeze out every nickel. 

6 hours ago, T master said:

I hope this isn't something that needs to be a pay for thing like the peacock game if so the NFL will have 1 less view on those games which i know they could care less but use to be MNF was the Shizzle and now SNF took it's place but all this streaming stuff i'm not going to down load all kinds of apps & extra to pay to watch the games Bills or no Bills .

I feel ya, especially given you don’t even like to use periods. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Its almost like no one is old enough to remember when you only got to see the three games shown in your local market plus MNF.  Oh, and there was a decent chance the home team game might be blacked out and not even one of the three games. 

People comment on these TV deals, as if there was a time when every NFL game was available to watch for free on TV.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, eball said:

Oh good lord, does someone always need to whine about the realities of the entertainment industry?  They're ALL in it to make money.  This is like complaining about the sun rising and setting.

YOU HAVE A CHOICE.  STOP WATCHING.

Uh oh it's the complaining police. Okay everybody, be cool and just accept everything the way it is! 

People are hating on these Christmas games, personally I love it. My family does NOTHING on Christmas day. It's honestly one of the most boring days of the year for me. I'm actually excited I'll get to watch games on Christmas day. I totally understand why some would hate it, but I guess I'm in the minority here. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The NFL sucks.  I wish I could walk away because they don't deserve the fans that brought them to this position.

I had a friend who said he’d never watch another NFL game after the strike or lockout they had in the 80’s. I fully assumed he was blowing smoke in disgust, but he never watched another game. If it weren’t for the Bills…..idk.        🤷‍♂️