Netflix Gets Christmas Games

I came here just to see the hand wringing over the NFL's move to streaming services.

If only there was a way to watch whatever NFL game you want in HD for free......

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't like the Netflix games........ because it gives who ever is hosting Christmas for my family way too much control over if the games are on

Maybe they don't have a subscription, maybe they don't remember the password, maybe the Internet is down, maybe their Internet sucks and can't stream and play video games at the same time 

I don't like it 

35 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The fans are paying attention, but are they sitting at home watching NFL Network's 2 hour special from start-to-finish of the schedule release? I don't think so.

Not when teams are emailing/Twittering/TikToking/etc right at 8pm.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

The NFL doesn't care about their fanbase, only whomever is stuffing their pockets with the most $$$. 

It’s the fanbase that stuffs their pockets in the first place. 

..between all the people that stopped watching from kneeling, referee favoritism, Roger Goodell being a corporate shill, and now streaming.. I have no idea how the league is surviving. It will be any day now before the NFL is done.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

..between all the people that stopped watching from kneeling, referee favoritism, Roger Goodell being a corporate shill, and now streaming.. I have no idea how the league is surviving. It will be any day now before the NFL is done.

T Swift has strong shoulders 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty soon fans are going to need subscriptions to 18 different streaming services in order to watch an entire season.

We have everything except the premium levels of YouTube  because of different soccer leagues etc. 

We went away from DirecTV to save money and now we are 3/4 of the way back with all the different services.

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't like the Netflix games........ because it gives who ever is hosting Christmas for my family way too much control over if the games are on

Maybe they don't have a subscription, maybe they don't remember the password, maybe the Internet is down, maybe their Internet sucks and can't stream and play video games at the same time 

I don't like it 

Priorities man-stay home

I subscribed to Netflix for one month just to watch the miniseries adaptation of a book I had read.  Since I had the month, I watched the series and binge watched a number of movies that I wanted to see.  I'll do the same for this.  I'll subscribe for the month...watch the games and any other movies etc that I want to watch.  Then I'll unsubscribe.  It cost me $7.60 (including tax) for the ad supported tier (ads were not much of an intrusion).  I know folks want to complain on principle.  You used to be able to watch the games for free over the air waves on your antenna supported TV.  Well, guess what?   You can still do that...watching whatever games are broadcast on CBS and Fox on Sundays and Thanksgiving.  There are other options today though to watch even more football on Thursday nights and Christmas day (a Wednesday) for those who want to pay for those services.  I'm sure many migrated to cable TV rather than deal with the rabbit ears, to get more channels and more viewing options.  Streaming is just the latest platform...and you have services that you can subscribe to one month and unsubscribe the next.  It all depends on where you prioritize the spending of that $7.60.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

And they act like a streaming service hosting a game is the worst thing in the world. What about the days of games being blacked out? Or having to spend an arm and a leg for NFL Sunday Ticket, which you had to have an expensive cable subscription on top of anyway?

Pretty sure you need a high speed internet service for streaming video, no? That ain't cheap. And this is especially true if you have: multiple users, WFH users, security cameras using the connection, etc.

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Pretty sure you need a high speed internet service for streaming video, no? That ain't cheap. And this is especially true if you have: multiple users, WFH users, security cameras using the connection, etc.

Almost everyone already pays for that, though. It has use outside of entertainment and football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

me whenever stranger things, narcos, or Wednesday has new episodes.  

Why would those shows getting new episodes cause you stop your subscription? 😉

Edited by Malazan

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

This is far better than Peacock at least.

Almost everyone has Netflix, or knows someone that does

I don’t have it. When it was around $9 a month, i didn’t mind too much, but i hardly ever watched it, so when they started charging $15 that was enough for me.