WGR callers way worse than any poster here…

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Sometimes I don't know how the callers even know how to pick up a phone

Schopp: Let’s go to Mark in Lackawanna. Mark you're on the air

Mark: Yeah, I just wanna say that I think Beane eats too much steak. He thinks about steak too much during the draft, it throws off his concentration and he makes dumb moves like trading out of the first round. He needs to stop eating steak. My wife is better than he is at his job. She said she would have taken a WR last night and I agree with her. And McDermott, all he does it clap. He needs to stop clapping. It's really annoying and the team will go nowhere because of it. He's a bum. He probably has ranch on his wings like a bum. Oh damn, I just lost a contact lense. We need to get rid of this guy. I will hang up and listen

Too coherent. You need to add in "aaaannnnddd here's another thinnggg" "leeeemmmee tell you sumthin"

The best caller ever (sports or talk) on WGR was East Side Eddie. Used to call John Otto on the late night show all the time. He had dat classic east side Polonia accent der.

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Seriously though, at least people on this board have to take the time to register an account and even if they don't do any research on their own, should absorb a little knowledge from the posters on here who take the time to be informative (you are all appreciated). The radio is the wild west. I don't know what it would take for me to be motivated to call a radio station to announce my opinion to the world but I suspect you're not dealing with people who interact a lot with others so you wind up with just insanity confirmed by nonsensical bias.

38 minutes ago, eball said:

COMPLETE loser talk.  If we don't trade they're finding another partner, and they gave Beane what he wanted.

Yep.  

Want proof?

I don’t hear Chiefs fans worried about the higher pick they gave us, you?  

A lot of our fans if this were reversed would be livid we gave the Chiefs a higher pick in round 3.   

We don’t need a SB to conduct ourselves as winners folks.  My mindset remains with Allen and a healthy roster we will beat anyone.   

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Drunk retirees in the middle of the day listening to FM Radio in 2024 are worse than someone who understands how to operate a computer?

Shocking. 

It's not drunk retirees, it's probably Joe Schlock from the garage on his smoke break... and many retirees know how to operate a computer, FYI ;)

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's not drunk retirees, it's probably Joe Schlock from the garage on his smoke break... and many retirees know how to operate a computer, FYI

You don't have to take it personally unless you're a drunk retiree calling into WGR, FYI;)

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I cringe everytime the caller starts out saying something like "hi guys, how ya doin'?"

Or long time listener first time caller 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

You don't have to take it personally unless you're a drunk retiree calling into WGR, FYI;)

I don't drink... sugar has been my problem! Not me... I don't call into WGR, I just B word to my wife or talk up our moves ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Drunk retirees in the middle of the day listening to FM Radio in 2024 are worse than someone who understands how to operate a computer?

Shocking. 

Nothing wrong with being retired and day drinking! :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

The best caller ever (sports or talk) on WGR was East Side Eddie. Used to call John Otto on the late night show all the time. He had dat classic east side Polonia accent der.

I think Parker actually had Eddie's voice saying "Why don't you people give the ball scores?!" as an intro to segments when Parker was doing a solo evening sports show on WBEN AM.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Guy just called….”I am a 31 year old true avid fan”(whatever that means), and then went on to say he has been lied to be Beane.  😂

"Point on the doll where beane hurt you"  🤣🤣🤣🤣

I live in CA and listen to GR on Audacy app. They run the same 5 commercials over and over. One of which is for the Audacy app. The guy is saying how amazing Micheal Jordon was even when down. Saying when he ran on the field ??? As if he played football 🤷🏻‍♂️.. it’s painful!!!
Schopp  and the Bulldog are fine and seem to present reasonable discussion. 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Just had one who said he wants to see us go, Center, Corner, Defensive Tackle tonight.

I would commit seppuku. 

omg.

Was he being sarcastic?

I’d supply the sword and then partake myself, most likely.

• Haha (+1) 1

I tried to listen to Jeremy and his little friend this morning but had to turn it off.  It was endless repeat of their hot takes over yesterday and the callers they selected which were even worse.  An exercise in brainless analysis.  

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Turned on WGR while driving earlier.  They really need to stop taking calls…just one bad take after another. 

WGR callers -the Walmart of sports radio. 
As a native WNYer, I try to get all sports news from Buffalo, from podcasts, X, and internet (Audacy app). But when the DJ’s take callers, I go clean catshit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Turned on WGR while driving earlier.  They really need to stop taking calls…just one bad take after another. 

I think many of them are posters here actually. 

• Agree 1

Guy just called….”I am a 31 year old true avid fan”(whatever that means), and then went on to say he has been lied to be Beane.  😂

heard this call while doing yard work today. Anthony. Went on a 4 minute monologue about how he is owed an explanation. 

the explanation for trading 32 for 33 is we like _______ (whoever we take at 33) better than Legette and we moved up 59 spots later in the draft.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Aren't all pro sports teams.

Been around the block a couple times and the Bills Mafia exceeds; seriously 50 years ago we just moved on and went to work in the morning waiting for next week, next draft, nest season. For those who lived through 1968, 1970, 1971, 1976. 1977, 1984, 1985, and the drought we laugh at the drama and anguish. We have a solid franchise in all facets and I personally love watching them win or lose. Many of you need to sit back, have a beer, smell the coffee and just enjoy, I truly beleive we will get there, but man, some of you love bitching and drama!  And yes, many of us "old timers" laugh at you! And finally, those thay state "just one before I die, when that time comes and getting ready to move on you wont be thinking of the Buffalo Bills!

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Been around the block a couple times and the Bills Mafia exceeds; seriously 50 years ago we just moved on and went to work in the morning waiting for next week, next draft, nest season. For those who lived through 1968, 1970, 1971, 1976. 1977, 1984, 1985, and the drought we laugh at the drama and anguish. We have a solid franchise in all facets and I personally love watching them win or lose. Many of you need to sit back, have a beer, smell the coffee and just enjoy, I truly beleive we will get there, but man, some of you love bitching and drama!  And yes, many of us "old timers" laugh at you! And finally, those thay state "just one before I die, when that time comes and getting ready to move on you wont be thinking of the Buffalo Bills!

A little presumptuous with the you stuff, aren't you?  

I'm not one of 'em.  

Edited by PBF81

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Well...... in theory, drunk retirees in the middle of the day could have forgotten more football then most of us will ever know.......

......that was true of my Grandpa, who never learned how to use a computer (or a calculator, for that matter - he could add up a column of 40 5 and 6 digit numbers accurately in his head, faster than I could enter them).

But then, he never called into radio, either, AM or FM.

I am going to just fire up the VCR now, then later listen to some 8 tracks.

33 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

A little presumptuous with the you stuff, aren't you?  

I'm  not one of 'em pal.  

Not saying you are, relax, I liked your post!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

As a native WNYer, I try to get all sports news from Buffalo, from podcasts, X, and internet (Audacy app). But when the DJ’s take callers, I go clean catshit.

My guy from Wurlitzer Park! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, amprov56 said:

Not saying you are, relax, I liked your post!

A whole lot of "you" in there.  Maybe try to phrase things a little differently.  

Thanks on the other!

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

A whole lot of "you" in there.  Maybe try to phrase things a little differently.  

Thanks on the other!

Not sure how you read my post, but I was speaking to to TBD, not you! 

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks on the other!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, amprov56 said:

Not sure how you read my post, but I was speaking to to TBD, not you! 

You reacted to my post and my comment.  Hence the association.  No big deal.  Thanks for the follow-up.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Surprised you guys still listen to wgr with all the podcast out there now

I have a 2010 Honda Civic and I’m too lazy to buy a proper bluetooth adapter.

I’m forever doomed to listen  to WGR and Mike Schopp’s “Naturally Nude pajamas” ad spots.

10 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree but they are one and the same. But I can easily get rid of this place or turn off Audassey

10 hours ago, stosh64 said:

How did Maddie ever get this job?  smh  Steve and Chris just spread the approved corporate Bills message, but Maddie is a whole other level of cringeworthy.

I can tolerate Brown and Tasker.

Glab was my inspiration to get with the times and listen to podcasts when she’s on.

She is not meant for radio or TV.

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Calling them DJ's is giving them way too much credit.

• Haha (+1) 1