Trying to be reasonable here

mrags

1 minute ago, SDS said:

He def did not say the bolded in that way.

He 100% said he was ready to make a pick at 32 then his “buddy Dan Morgan called him” and here we are 

Just now, mrags said:

He 100% said he was ready to make a pick at 32 then his “buddy Dan Morgan called him” and here we are 

I just listened to this after your comment. He absolutely did not say he absolutely was going to pick at 32. While I would have to go back to “his exact words, I think he said “we FIGURED we would pick at 32.” Then he said he talking to his friend Dan and they decided differently. 

Figured is not even close to absolutely.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

I just listened to this after your comment. He absolutely did not say he absolutely was going to pick at 32. While I would have to go back to “his exact words, I think he said “we FIGURED we would pick at 32.” Then he said he talking to his friend Dan and they decided differently. 

what he figured out is that Carolina was not going to take who the Bills wanted, so why not pick up a free 4th rounder?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SDS said:

Not sure what you listened to but I heard differently. And I never said “absolutely”. This is what I said

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

What he said was:

he said “honestly THOUGHT we would pick at 32…. But then talked to my buddy Dan”

starts around 1:30 if you want to listen. 

like I said. I admit I was incorrect. But you are also wrong saying I said “absolutely”

edit:yeah yeah yeah. You’re going to go to my last post where I did say absolutely. I wasn’t quoting at this point. Whatever. I’m just doing things today. I’m not in the market for quoting this idiot GM 

Edited by mrags

21 minutes ago, mrags said:

you still have Hawaii on the brain. You just quoted what you said in response to me. Here is your original post that I was responding to:

“I think one of my biggest issues is he had a presser last night saying absolutely expected to make a pick at 32.”

Just now, SDS said:

you still have Hawaii on the brain. You just quoted what you said in response to me. Here is your original post that I was responding to:

“I think one of my biggest issues is he had a presser last night saying absolutely expected to make a pick at 32.”

Yeah I edited it. I wasn’t quoting him in my OP. But you make it a point to make me look foolish by pointing out that I was wrong. So were you my friend.

my Point is still made. He was expecting to make a pick. My point still stands. I believe they had someone in mind and they were taken between 28 and 32. 2 of those picks were WRs. Maybe it’s what we wanted. Maybe it’s not. We will never know. I still think it’s stupid to be happy about moving up from 6th rd to the 5th rd for the cost of losing the 5th year option on a player. Especially in a draft that many say there’s only 150 or so draft able players. 

we’ll see what happens tonight. My hopes are in the dirt though. I expect much more disappointment from this joke of a GM, HC, Owner. 

• Dislike 3

I thought it was definitely ballsy to trade with KC, I couldn't believe it and I really wanted Worthy so it was a double hit for me but I'm fine with it. They obviously have a bunch of WR's all grouped together on the board and we'll see how many that is if at all when we either make the pick at 33 or trade it. If we trade it like 10 or so picks then it tells me all of the remaining WR's they have are all on the same tier imo but if they make the pick then they see a drop off coming soon.

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

And how would you have prevented KC from getting Worthy?

Other than drafting themselves, a guy they didn't want who likely the Bills don't think it going to be that good, just so KC doesn't get him.

As has been pointed out, KC's record with drafting WR wasn't that good.

So was Worthy the guy you were hoping they'd pick at 28, if so can at least understand why you're mad.  But this entire cut off my nose to spite my face argument is really dumb!

Actually I'm thrilled they didn't take a 165 pound WR and got extra picks out of it.

We took Coleman, run along now…

How does everyone feel now? Not that anyone cares. But what a terrible pick. Could have traded down more and still got him. Would have rather taken the best punter than this joke. 

this front office sucks. 

• Eyeroll 2

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah I edited it. I wasn’t quoting him in my OP. But you make it a point to make me look foolish by pointing out that I was wrong. So were you my friend.

my Point is still made. He was expecting to make a pick. My point still stands. I believe they had someone in mind and they were taken between 28 and 32. 2 of those picks were WRs. Maybe it’s what we wanted. Maybe it’s not. We will never know. I still think it’s stupid to be happy about moving up from 6th rd to the 5th rd for the cost of losing the 5th year option on a player. Especially in a draft that many say there’s only 150 or so draft able players. 

we’ll see what happens tonight. My hopes are in the dirt though. I expect much more disappointment from this joke of a GM, HC, Owner. 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

How does everyone feel now? Not that anyone cares. But what a terrible pick. Could have traded down more and still got him. Would have rather taken the best punter than this joke. 

this front office sucks. 

I feel like you don't understand language if you don't think "I figured we would" is the same as "absolutely expected to". 🤷‍♂️

Bigger picture, just because YOU think they had someone in mind and YOU think it's a terrible pick doesn't make it so... :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

So we should have stayed at 28 and drafted a player we could’ve had later, while not getting an extra 3rd rd pick….just so KC wouldn’t be able to give us a free 3rd rd pick in order to select a player that may have been there when they picked at 32?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

worrying about other teams = fail

worrying about building your own team = yes please 

do what’s best for your team.  Worrying about what other teams are doing is for losers.  Jmo

Who can disagree with that take?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I feel like you don't understand language if you don't think "I figured we would" is the same as "absolutely expected to". 🤷‍♂️

Bigger picture, just because YOU think they had someone in mind and YOU think it's a terrible pick doesn't make it so... :beer: 

just because you are in SDSs lap doesn’t mean you have to reply 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, mrags said:

this front office sucks. 

first impression ? Poop

25 minutes ago, mrags said:

just because you are in SDSs lap doesn’t mean you have to reply 

My reply had nothing to do w Scott. 🤣

I was reading the thread and your mischaracterization of Beane's quote, to make your point, caught my eye.   And then you double down with with "My point is made. He was expecting to make a pick."  Yeah, he probably was - until he got a trade offer. He wasn't going to just NOT make a pick or trade out.  🤷‍♂️ 

I just find if funny when fans think they have so much more insight than people actually doing this NFL thing for a living. 🤔 

Maybe the pick will be good, maybe it won't be, but since I can't see into the future I'm not out here calming I know either way  :beer: 

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

My reply had nothing to do w Scott. 🤣

I was reading the thread and your mischaracterization of Beane's quote, to make your point, caught my eye.   And then you double down with with "My point is made. He was expecting to make a pick."  Yeah, he probably was - until he got a trade offer. He wasn't going to just NOT make a pick or trade out.  🤷‍♂️ 

I just find if funny when fans think they have so much more insight than people actually doing this NFL thing for a living. 🤔 

Maybe the pick will be good, maybe it won't be, but since I can't see into the future I'm not out here calming I know either way  :beer: 

My original post where I said absolutely was not quoting Beane. Someone else (not mentioning names) claimed I was quoting that. Then I my anger I got into a larger argument about what was actually said. And we were both wrong. But I’m sure Scott is happy you came to his rescue to stand up for him there. 

You find it funny that fans think they know more than the pros. And maybe some actually do. At the end of the day Beane hasn’t exactly been great. Take away Allen and we’re a 6-8 win team every year if we’re lucky. What’s his next best draft pick? Milano? Oliver? Neither are absolute studs. He’s made some decent picks. Almost nothing after that, that’s special in any way. 

I AM claiming that the pick sucks and will route for him since he wears a Bills uniform but have zero faith in him being anything better than Gabe Davis. Which isn’t terrible but we need difference makers at WR, not some guy. it’s more of the same at OBD. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

this front office sucks. 

Solid picks at WE and S.  Why don’t you just run along now?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Solid picks at WE and S.  Why don’t you just run along now?

Naw. Who else would annoy you then? Besides, this is my damn post. lol how bout you run along. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Low Positive said:

what he figured out is that Carolina was not going to take who the Bills wanted, so why not pick up a free 4th rounder?

I see no way that the Bills would allow a team to trade up one spot to take the player they planned on taking at 33. 

No way...they would have asked them at the very least if they were trading up for "this player" and if they said yes then no deal.

Just now, Big Turk said:

I see no way that the Bills would allow a team to trade up one spot to take the player they planned on taking at 33. 

No way...they would have asked them at the very least if they were trading up for "this player" and if they said yes then no deal.

Carolina, with their rookie GM, telegraphed that pick. And they took the local guy to boot.

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

- an overdraft at a devalued position

- a no-traits defensive lineman to backup your best D player

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Feeling pretty distraught after this draft. Looking back @ Elam doesn't make it any better either. If Pegs had any clue, BB's seat would be red hot.

The handling of this years draft is nothing less than a complete and utter debacle.

If we don't win it all this year both Beane and McClappy have to go.  In fact after this draft and viewing the plan moving forward, Id be tempted to move on from both of them now. We're decidedly worse this year with all our eggs in the Coleman basket to get us over the hump. What a joke.

Edited by babulator
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm not gonna be reasonable anymore. For a guy who talks about getting more explosive Beane gets:

- a plodding big slot WR

That looks like a fail for an in-window reset. Minimal upside, and a failure to add the very thing you talked about adding to the roster - explosiveness.

This isn't about Franklin, this is about traits and value positions. I wouldn't have drafted anyone Beane did in the places he drafted them. Hopefully the fact that he gets paid millions of dollars to do this ***** means he'll be more correct, but I. Just. Hate. This. Day 2.

There is something to be said about mcbeane trying to manage the locker room rather than drafting the best football players. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Josh wanted Keon Carpenter and asked Beane for him

eye rolls and vomit emojis lol.

Dont shoot the messenger.  I think Coleman was overdrafted, and  Im not a fan of the pick.  But it is widely reported that Josh like Keon, and told Beane

Does this remind anyone else of the last time the Bills had no WR's so they traded for Kelvin Benjamin (big, slow)? Didn't work out too well. Josh doesn't throw unless the guy is super open aka separation. It's like deja vu all over again!

17 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

If we are trying to be reasonable hopefully the gm/coach gets fired after missing the playoffs 

They will just say it was a rebuilding year and run it back again. Josh will be in his 30's by the time they have figured out they wasted his prime

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

The argument that we gave KC what they wanted is irrational, absurd, and illogical. Were we suppose to take Worthy just to stop the evil empire, is that who you wanted. Do you think KCs GM told Beane that's who he was taking and then laughed maniacally in the phone. And let's not forget that we should've taken RT Kingsley in the second, instead taking a great safety prospect, how stupid can we be. Then in the third we already beat them by stealing their pick (maniacally laughing). Now on the third day we must sell our souls to the draft overlord so he can tell us who KCs gonna pick so we can beat them to the punch, Even mortgaging next year's draft if need be. KC you dirty "BASTARDSSSSSSSS" we'll get you, if it's the last thing we do, we'll get you.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, babulator said:

Feeling pretty distraught after this draft. Looking back @ Elam doesn't make it any better either. If Pegs had any clue, BB's seat would be red hot.

The handling of this years draft is nothing less than a complete and utter debacle.

If we don't win it all this year both Beane and McClappy have to go.  In fact after this draft and viewing the plan moving forward, Id be tempted to move on from both of them now. We're decidedly worse this year with all our eggs in the Coleman basket to get us over the hump. What a joke.

1 player does not a football team make. Unless according to everyone his names Josh Allen. A team like football needs to work like a symphony you need all kinds of different instruments to make that beautiful music, especially if they're doing Pink Floyd songs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

- a plodding big slot WR

I’m w you. Drafted for need. Again. 

I’ll tell you ONE thing. Mcbeane BETTER be right. They directly passed and traded on worthy and leggette. So I don’t care about “fit” and “scheme” and all that BS. So Coleman BETTER be better than those two guys.

What’s concerning: Josh Allen seemed to pick Coleman ? Uhhhhh - i don’t want my qb involved tbh 

once again I’m sick of the premium mcbeane places on “captain” and “character.” We ARE not winning in the playoffs . We NEED impact players. 

still don’t have impact players. This is a gross draft so far . Def rebuild. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would rather have traded the Farm for Odunze in hindsight.

But I am sure there is a method to Beanes madness.

Wait and see I guess.

Not any kind of delighted though. Especially WR. Bills needed an over the top player

Coleman has trouble with separation , I have read more than once.

Can be coached up, sure. 

But really Mcbeanes? Thats it ?

• Thank you (+1) 1