Bills Updated Draft Pick Spots

It would have been negligent to trade numerous assets to get one the WRs considering the roster reboot we’re doing.  

Any objective outsider looking at our draft capital plus needs before tonight would have said “yea you guys got a tough hill to climb.”  

Now we have 3 top 100 picks.  11 total.  

We still have our first and 2 seconds next year.  

After Thomas went I felt all options in trade backs were on the table and honestly, necessary.  And we’re still in a position to get the WR we want.  My guess is it’s Franklin or Mitchell.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Bills Updated Draft Pick Spots

I'm still upset with losing out on both Xavier's in the trade downs. Those were my guys outside of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and BTJ.

That said, the 6th for 5th swap to go from 32 to 33 was a difference of *59* picks. It's much better value than it seemed at first.

AD Mitchell and Ladd McConkey still available. As are Cooper Dejean and Johnny Newton. All would have been good picks at 28. And now we have our 3rd back, will have 3 picks tomorrow instead of 1, and could move all over on Day 2 and 3.

As painful as it was to not land one of my favorite Top 6 WR's and walk away with nothing, I'm coming around to the plan. Or coping. One or the other.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It would have been negligent to trade numerous assets to get one the WRs considering the roster reboot we’re doing.  

Any objective outsider looking at our draft capital plus needs before tonight would have said “yea you guys got a tough hill to climb.”  

Now we have 3 top 100 picks.  11 total.  

We still have our first and 2 seconds next year.  

After Thomas went I felt all options in trade backs were on the table and honestly, necessary.  And we’re still in a position to get the WR we want.  My guess is it’s Franklin or Mitchell.   

If the Bills want Franklin, I could see them trying to trade down again. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm still upset with losing out on both Xavier's in the trade downs. Those were my guys outside of Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and BTJ.

That said, the 6th for 5th swap to go from 32 to 33 was a difference of *59* picks. It's much better value than it seemed at first.

AD Mitchell and Ladd McConkey still available. As are Cooper Dejean and Johnny Newton. All would have been good picks at 28. And now we have our 3rd back, will have 3 picks tomorrow instead of 2, and could move all over on Day 2 and 3.

As painful as it was to not land one of my favorite Top 6 WR's and walk away with nothing, I'm coming around to the plan. Or coping. One or the other.

I have a feeling some of those 5th rounders we have will be used to move up from pick 95 to earlier in that 3rd round if he sees a guy he likes. 

• Agree 6

29 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’m going to pretend we didn’t allow KC and CAR to take players I wanted….

because we certainly upgraded our position

& #33 is usually very valuable in an auction

Could easily acquire a 2025 1st+.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

AD Mitchell and Ladd McConkey still available. As are Cooper Dejean and Johnny Newton. All would have been good picks at 28. And now we have our 3rd back, will have 3 picks tomorrow instead of 2, and could move all over on Day 2 and 3.

Honestly, the best part of today for me was not taking Worthy or Legette.  They were the only 2 WRs of the discussed ones for us in the first I didn’t want to take in the first.  

And not picking them and adding more draft ammo with multiple WRs still there I have graded above both Worthy and Legette, especially in fit for the Bills specifically, is awesome IMHO.  

I think McConkey, Mitchell, and Franklin are all better prospects for the Bills personally.  To be totally honest, I would rather draft Ja’Lynn Polk over either Worthy or Legette too in terms of fit for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I highly doubt that. I’d try to acquire another 3rd from WSH to move down a few spots

Well, that’s the other way to go. Trade down again. For another pick in the 3rd/4th depending…

I'm just saying this pick is one away from being in the 1st round. The other way to go is to trade up- for a 1st next year. A contender with a low 2025 1st might even throw in a late rounder this year.

Cap also gets easier for us as we defer talent. This is famously our bridge year.

42 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

What was the pick deal with KC?

Google is your friend. 

I, a person in my 40s, had to google it even during the draft as I tried to keep track. 3 picks each, with Bills moving back in 1st but moving up from 4th to 3rd and up in the 7th.  

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

When you don't have a 3rd, you don't want to lose value by cashing in 2025 picks this year, and you're looking to field a complete team (to include depth) rather than obcessing on a high WR pick.

10 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Very Beane like. I’m a fan if 2 to 3 of those picks from rounds two to five are WRs. Hoping pick 33 is Mitchell

Mitchell has Type 1 diabetes and does not take good care of himself, diet-wise. He can be tough to handle in meetings and it’s a chore to make him practice hard. 

By all accounts, this Draft is strong through 150 or so players and then drops off a cliff.

8 of our 10 picks are in the Top 160.  

From that standpoint, solid work in pick aggregation.. now need to put the picks to good use. 

• Like (+1) 3

Send 7 5th rounders for JJ.  Easy. 

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Logical, but emotionally devastating maneuvering. 

this really sums it up. It can really only backfire more than the potential to be amazing in the end. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

I wonder if Arizona wants to come up to 32 for switching our 4th for one of their thirds.  We would only go back a few spots from 32 in the second. 

Well since the next pic is ours at 33, that is impossible. But sure I'd go back form 33 a couple slots for another 3rd rounder.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MPL said:

I'd like to see them make 4 picks tonight. That could net 4 very good starters. 

I wanna see Beane trade next years 1st to GB for: no. 41, swap 58 for 60 and no.88. To all the naysayers from when I previously suggested this, go back to last night.

Picking in the bottom 5 doesn't guarantee a pick worth the 5th yr. option.

Hell, I'd even move back to 35 if AZ. is willing to part with one of their 3s. I know it's behind the Pats, but I think there's a shot they trade with the Niners for Deebo anyway.

6 hours ago, In Summary said:

When you don't have a 3rd, you don't want to lose value by cashing in 2025 picks this year, and you're looking to field a complete team (to include depth) rather than obcessing on a high WR pick.

Reality that is outside the top few WRs each year, which we had zero shot a landing, we really have no idea which others will be any good in the NFL.  As long as they take at least 2 between rounds 2-5 i'll be happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

Mitchell has Type 1 diabetes and does not take good care of himself, diet-wise. He can be tough to handle in meetings and it’s a chore to make him practice hard. 

When there's so much money invested into these guys I really wonder why  whatever NFL team wouldn't just hire a staff member who's only job is to make sure he's good. Seems like a good investment of 60k-70k