The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think there is almost no chance the Bills actually make a selection at #33. Fully plan on seeing Beane trade back once again and pick up an additional pick.  

I don't think we trade down.

Patriots are picking right behind us, and they are likely going WR. So anyone willing to trade with us will also likely want to jump them for a WR. That means 2 WRs taken before our pick. 

We are taking Franklin / McConkey / Coleman to start Day 2 imo.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing there is something bigger in the works here than what's going on in the draft and the Bills are building capital to pull it off...

Perhaps a trade for a WR on a roster already?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

To me this would be acceptable but hardly a dream scenario. McConkey is the only sure thing of those five and he has a relatively low ceiling 

No WR outside of the top 3 is a sure thing. That's why all along I've wanted us to draft two of them by the end of R2, ideally while picking up an extra 3rd. We're 50% of the way there. Beane just has to close the deal.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hopefully we trade back again for another third

Bills going to have a LOT of offers and might even get more than they did with the Panthers trade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I'm guessing there is something bigger in the works here than what's going on in the draft and the Bills are building capital to pull it off...

especially because Beane still hasnt spoken to the media…

20 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Beane has an entire day to trade down again. Maybe we can get a 3rd round pick in 2026 if he plays his cards right.

It's not the trading down that bothers me. It's the fact that I got suckered into watching the most boring two hours on TV since Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

20 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think he is not our board.

I say Franklin/McConkey/Coleman or DeJean.

And than trade up a little bit in 2nd and 3rd to find some other starters.

Oooohhhh thanks for this. Forgot about Coleman.

I think he absolutely might be our pick

The Bills are going to make a trade with SF for Aiyuk. That’s my prediction and the only reason I can come up with that they have passed on who they have so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Patriots are picking right behind us, and they are likely going WR. So anyone willing to trade with us will also likely want a WR. That means 2 WRs taken before our pick. 

Just seems like if Beane was really frightened of someone taking a WR he coveted, he would have made the choice at 28 or 32. I think Beane values collecting additional picks still more than picking a certain WR at 33. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Patriots are picking right behind us, and they are likely going WR. So anyone willing to trade with us will also likely want to jump them for a WR. That means 2 WRs taken before our pick. 

Or they're fine letting two WRs go and still get the C they want

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

This draft is a disaster! 

I'm reserving judgement until I see what happens. I think something is in play outside the draft, ie, building up capital to trade for a WR on a roster already.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I just don't like the idea of trading for a big name vet.   We're paying several million for a top 10 receiver to not play for us next year, then we're going to trade away draft capital for another top 15 vet and pay them more than we were paying Diggs.   Just doesn't add up IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

especially because Beane still hasnt spoken to the media…

He is probably fielding calls from half the teams about pick 33 tomorrow...he might be able to get a better deal than what he got for 32.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oooohhhh thanks for this. Forgot about Coleman.

My dream is Coleman and Franklin tomorrow. Two WRs with different physical gifts. Plant them on the field with Josh Allen for the next 5+ years and prosper.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We won’t have it because we’re gonna package it to send to San Fran for Aiyuk

No.  We don't have the cap space and we won't even be able to create it.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

My dream is Coleman and Franklin tomorrow. Two WRs with different physical gifts. Plant them on the field with Josh Allen for the next 5+ years and prosper.

I’d be fine with that at this point I guess. I want a vet though

The stupid thing about this conversation is we could have just taken say Adonai Mitchell at #28. And then the Chiefs would have taken Worthy at #32 anyways.

Whereas with the move we actually made we could take Mitchell at #33 while picking up an extra 3rd and a favorable day three swap. But because it "looks" worse fans are less happy about that scenario than the objectively worse first scenario.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

10 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I think we might trade down again.

Gut instinct is Beane wants two 2nd round picks to go WR/WR bang, bang, then spend another pick in the late 2nd early 3rd on safety.

I could see that.  Gonna be a lot of options here at 33.

1. Trade back again, lots of guys who make sense for us still on board.
  2. Go defense with someone like DeJean or Newton. 
  3. Address OL with someone like JPJ
  4. Take one of the WR's people thought we would take at 28 possibly in:  Mitchell, McConkey, or Franklin

Then if we say take another position, will Beane sit at 60 and see who falls or maybe take someone like Walker there?  Or will he be aggressive and move back up for one of those other WR's.  

Tomorrow will be fun to see how it unfolds...not real definite way I can see him play this right now.  Lots of options.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

50/50 trade for Aiyuk tomorrow.. post 49ers taking RP at 31. This makes lot more sense then BB losing his mind? 

I think you’re spot on my friend. Grabbing one of the 49’ers’ WRs (Aiyuk?) makes the most sense. Either trading our 2nd rd pick at #60 this year or one or our 2nd rd picks in next year’s draft would make sense for compensation for me and then taking Dejean with our 1st pick tomorrow night would round out this draft and roster for us quite nicely and then having a couple/few extra better quality picks in this draft and/or next year’s draft would salvage Beane imo for the most part. One thing that I can’t wrap my head around is the fact that Beane just gift wrapped the fastest player ever in the combine’s history to of all people/team Andy Reid/Chiefs! Sheesh, that’s a hard pill to swallow!

36 minutes ago, Process said:

Who are your best remaining and who do you want them to pick?

Cooper DeJean. 

But I would prefer another trade down. I am sure that is what the Beane is trying to workout obviously. Otherwise you stay at #32 and get the 5th year option. We will see if he is able to trade down again or not. 

The stupid thing about this conversation is we could have just taken say Adonai Mitchell at #28. And then the Chiefs would have taken Worthy at #32 anyways.

Whereas with the move we actually made we could take Mitchell at #33 while picking up an extra 3rd and a favorable day three swap. But because it "looks" worse fans are less happy about that scenario than the objectively worse first scenario.

It’s more that you allowed your hated conference rival and defending champion to get THEIR guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’d be fine with that at this point I guess. I want a vet though

Won’t be Coleman and Franklin.  One of them will be Mitchell imo if we don’t trade out.  He’s a #1 wr candidate with size and speed.  If we don’t move I thin he’s our next pick but who knows. 

• Disagree 1

THANK YOU.  The reactions around here are so ridiculous.  We clearly didn't want Worthy or we would have taken him.  And if pass at 28 and take someone else, Worthy still makes it to KC.  

Unreal how this is puzzling for some people 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Aurelius said:

Won’t be Coleman and Franklin.  One of them will be Mitchell imo if we don’t trade out.  He’s a #1 wr candidate with size and speed.  If we don’t move I thin he’s our next pick but who knows. 

he also has a medical though

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 minutes ago, Process said:

That was what I walked away from our draft party thinking.   I've often compared the draft to an auction.   Sometimes when items are bidding fast and furious it's easy to lose focus.   That extra 24 hours allows teams to really think about how much they prioritize a player.   I do expect Beane to trade again.   

• Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Process said:

Well that was an interesting end to the night to say the least. Traded twice to teams that took WRs......

We now have 20 hours to discuss our first pick. 

If the Bills simply like someone like Mitchell more, and take him at 33, I am fine with the trades, actually they would be nice moves. 

If they traded picks that ended up being Worthy and Leggette and then take a freaking safety from Iowa, it's time to take the pitchforks out.

Who are your best remaining and who do you want them to pick?

Pitchforks are getting polished as we speak