NFL draft rumors 2024

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest, outside of last year with Mazi Smith(jury still out) Jerry and his scouting staff has done a pretty solid job at drafting 

Yea Will McClay there is excellent. He is the GM in all but name

30 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I heard Simms a few weeks ago say that Brian Thomas Jr doesn't have a "squeaky clean" character profile. Doesn't sound like anything real bad but enough to be a concern. But if any character and/or injury concern pushes him down the board the Bills won't be the team to stop his fall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m not sure I agree that numerous pro athletes have type I diabetes. In fact, I can only think of one—Ron Santo from the last century. 

Im sure you can do a google search and come up with a few more. I doubt more than 0.1% of pro athletes have type 1 DM. 

Mark Andrews TE Ravens and a couple other lesser players currently in the NFL. I don’t mean to downplay the disease and a player certainly can be impacted during a game. But they and the staff will have a very manageable plan.

24 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Odunze is the ideal pick for the Bills.  Unfortunately, he will not be available to us unless the Bills make a massive trade up in the draft to get him.

Yup said it for weeks he fits the character and work ethic the Bills prefer and probably want after the Diggs fiasco . To me he’s the safest WR in the class because you know you are getting a top notch intelligent human with drive and work ethic 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Also, listening to Adunze, I can see why teams love him. He comes across as pretty sharp -- like, waaay smarter than your average NFL receiver:

Keenan Allen has said this before but Stevie Johnson doesn’t get enough credit as a pioneer of route running. I feel like he did it first and others followed him.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Now with potential character and injury concerns with Thomas (and character concerns with Mitchell), where does this leave us?  Wondering if we draft a WR in the second round given that there may not be a WR with a first round grade left on our draft board.

Edited by jahnyc

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

Now with potential character and injury concerns with Thomas (and character concerns with Mitchell), where does this leave us?  Wondering if we draft a WR in the second round given that there may not be a WR with a first round grade left on our draft board.

I think they take McConkey. I'll be happy, don't care if other folks bellyache. Then they should trade up and grab Legette in the second.

• Agree 2

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I think they take McConkey. I'll be happy, don't care if other folks bellyache. Then they should trade up and grab Legette in the second.

I'm also very okay with McConkey as well. Its funny because we were in lockstep last year on Kincaid too when the vast majority was against that as well.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This feels like a spot the bills can move back to.  Hopefully some players fall that washington wants.

If thomas has character concerns and a shoulder injury he probably falls a little.  Would love to see the bills move back and have Two 2's and a three..(78).

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

This feels like a spot the bills can move back to.  Hopefully some players fall that washington wants.

If thomas has character concerns and a shoulder injury he probably falls a little.  Would love to see the bills move back and have three 2's.

I don't think that is a they will give up both 36 and 40 but just a they have the ammunition to get there because one of the top tackles might not be there at 36. I think this is correct, those last 10 picks of the first round are going to be filled with OT/OG selections imo.

To make it worth the Bills while they might overpay by giving up either 67 or 78 but the Bills would probably have to give back 144 which I think both teams would be willing to do because its only a 4 point difference.

That would leave Buffalo with

I'd expect Buffalo then to move around the board again with all of those picks to get another guy they want or two.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

If thomas has character concerns and a shoulder injury he probably falls a little.  Would love to see the bills move back and have three 2's.

Thomas is going in the first round. Do not risk it.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don't think that is a they will give up both 36 and 40 but just a they have the ammunition to get there because one of the top tackles might not be there at 36. I think this is correct, those last 10 picks of the first round are going to be filled with OT/OG selections imo.

To make it worth the Bills while they might overpay by giving up either 67 or 78 but the Bills would probably have to give back 144 which I think both teams would be willing to do because its only a 4 point difference.

I'd expect Buffalo then to move around the board again with all of those picks to get another guy they want or two.

I kind of like that better than their current hand.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know i said in another thread trading back for 40 and and 78 and sending 28 and 144 essentially.  

So buffalo would have two 2's and a three.  Not 3 2's as I stated earlier.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I know i said in another thread trading back for 40 and and 78 and sending 28 and 144 essentially.  

So buffalo would have two 2's and a three.  Not 3 2's as I stated earlier.

40 is too far back, I think Buffalo would demand pick 36 from Washington to move up into their spot to get an OT. I think most other teams in that range would do the same as well.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

40 is too far back, I think Buffalo would demand pick 36 from Washington to move up into their spot to get an OT. I think most other teams in that range would do the same as well.

yes but numbers wise they would probably not get 78 in that scenario...that is too lopsided.

if you want 36 they will probably give you pick 100.  so either 40 and 78 for 28 and 144 or 36 and 100 for 28

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

yes but numbers wise they would probably not get 78 in that scenario...that is too lopsided.

if you want 36 they will probably give you pick 100.  so either 40 and 78 for 28 and 144 or 36 and 100 for 28

Pick 100 is actually fine by me if that comes about it’s like getting your comp pick back and still getting the 4th

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Pick 100 is actually fine by me if that comes about it’s like getting your comp pick back and still getting the 4th

Id probably ask for a 2025 pick as well since we’re losing value in that like a 2025 5th rounder 

Okay well….

ECB speculation about Big name WR’s & now Happy Days predicting we acquire Justin Jefferson is interesting

Also, supposedly (I didn’t hear it) Ben Solak was on WGR this morning mentioning there’s rumblings DK Metcalf is available….

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Lots of good stuff from Albert Breer of SI: https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/04/022/takeaways-nfl-draft-latest-buzz-rumors-medicals

"• Both of LSU’s star receivers, Brian Thomas Jr. and Malik Nabers, have issues with their left shoulders. The risk here is considered relatively minimal—in both cases, there’s a chance the player may have to have the shoulder surgically repaired after the 2024 season. Bryan Bresee, the Saints’ first-round pick last year, had a similar situation with his shoulder coming into the draft last year."

Shades of Shaq Lawson in 2016?

yea but how shaq was handled was certainly the exception not the rule 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I am on the McConkey train.

Welcome aboard :) I’ve long been on the McConkey train, he’s WR5 on my board.  I would absolutely be good taking him at 28 or on a trade back.

IMHO he has the highest floor outside the big 3 in the draft (followed by Polk in terms of high floor) and a safe bet to be a significant contributor year 1 IMHO.  

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Let's go Bananas....

AZ Acquires

2025 1st

2025 2nd 

2026 1st

BUF Acquires

I have never seen someone spew assets away the way you do.  This trade should and probably would get Beane fired.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Welcome aboard :) I’ve long been on the McConkey train, he’s WR5 on my board.  I would absolutely be good taking him at 28 or on a trade back.

IMHO he has the highest floor outside the big 3 in the draft (followed by Polk in terms of high floor) and a safe bet to be a significant contributor year 1 IMHO.  

I have never seen someone spew assets away the way you do.  This trade should and probably would get Beane fired.  

Oh I have been all about him for some time.  If he goes to KC, defenses are gonna pay.  

He has pretty much the same build as Diggs, but everyone screams he is a 3rd or 4th round pick which is just dumb

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Oh I have been all about him for some time.  If he goes to KC, defenses are gonna pay.  

He has pretty much the same build as Diggs, but everyone screams he is a 3rd or 4th round pick which is just dumb

Whoever says he is a 3rd or 4th rounder doesn’t know how to analyze WRs.  No way he gets out of the 2nd round, and more likely goes somewhere between back half of first and first half of second.  

There are a lot of teams who are high on him and he could be our pick at 28 even.  

I have him 5th behind big 3 and Thomas personally.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Two corner links I have heard in the last couple of days on podcasts that when I've done some cross checking seem to check out:

Kool-Aid is getting a lot of looks by Jacksonville and Nate Wiggins and the 49ers. Told that John Lynch has loved Wiggins since the start but thought until recently he had no chance to still be there. If he gets in range don't be shocked if the 9ers even trade up slightly for him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Okay well….

ECB speculation about Big name WR’s & now Happy Days predicting we acquire Justin Jefferson is interesting

Also, supposedly (I didn’t hear it) Ben Solak was on WGR this morning mentioning there’s rumblings DK Metcalf is available….

Ok so the cements it as not happening 

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Whoever says he is a 3rd or 4th rounder doesn’t know how to analyze WRs.  No way he gets out of the 2nd round, and more likely goes somewhere between back half of first and first half of second.  

There are a lot of teams who are high on him and he could be our pick at 28 even.  

I have him 5th behind big 3 and Thomas personally.  

He won't make it past KC at 32

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Two corner links I have heard in the last couple of days on podcasts that when I've done some cross checking seem to check out:

Kool-Aid is getting a lot of looks by Jacksonville and Nate Wiggins and the 49ers. Told that John Lynch has loved Wiggins since the start but thought until recently he had no chance to still be there. If he gets in range don't be shocked if the 9ers even trade up slightly for him. 

Maybe a slight trade to say...28? That would be around the window I'd expect. Especially with Detroit and KC making picks between our pick and theirs. Would seem reasonable they want to jump in front of them for a CB.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Whomever has the best hands and RAC when we pick is the player I hope we land.  Too much to ask for speed as well?

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I heard Simms a few weeks ago say that Brian Thomas Jr doesn't have a "squeaky clean" character profile. Doesn't sound like anything real bad but enough to be a concern. But if any character and/or injury concern pushes him down the board the Bills won't be the team to stop his fall.

The Bills will never win a SB under this regime if they pass on BTJ at 28.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Niners have had corner issues for seemingly years. Need to get it fixed. 

But they also have needs for new blood in both tackle spots as well as at DT. 

The Aiyuk situation may have them go WR at some point too. 

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

Niners have had corner issues for seemingly years. Need to get it fixed. 

But they also have needs for new blood in both tackle spots as well as at DT. 

The Aiyuk situation may have them go WR at some point too. 

Yea I have been mocking them OT or DL all the way through. But that Wiggins thing is really interesting. It makes a lot of sense. And value wise he is outstanding at #31.

Yesterday, we reported here in the Hot Press how some sources with teams in the top 10 said Minnesota is definitely trading up for a quarterback. Another team that sources say is aggressively trying to figure out a trade-up in the first round is the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo front office has been calling teams and gauging trades to be prepared to move up on Thursday night. Sources say the Bills are targeting a wide receiver, and the most likely targets are LSU’s Brian Thomas Jr. and Texas’ Xavier Worthy. Both are possibilities for Buffalo, but it sounds like the preference is toward Thomas. After trading veteran Stefon Diggs, it sounds like Buffalo is going to be aggressive about finding Josh Allen’s next No. 1 receiver.

there are more rumors for other teams too

https://walterfootball.com/nfl-hot-press-2024-nfl-draft-week-rumors-tuesday.php

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7