T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI

16 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think when you're a team like the Bills picking late year after year you have to be willing to take advantage of opportunities like this, where say the 40th ranked player on your board is available at pick 60 because of one really stupid mistake. Obviously you have to do a deep dive into the person and make sure it is in fact just one mistake, not part of a larger pattern.

Who knows, maybe he even drops all the way to day three. He isn't an elite prospect. Some teams might drop him off their board entirely and decide the risk isn't worth the player. I personally would not go that far unless I uncovered a pattern of behavior.

I read he told teams at the combine he was going to leave his partying days in the past. Can you trust a guy like that? Maybe you take a late round flyer or UDFA, but hes probably a 1st round target for philly now

17 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I really want him.

Me too.  Risky prospect, but if he hits....he's a complete terror.  Him just being on the field automatically makes run D better.  He can take on 3 OL 

If KC drafts him to play next to Chris Jones, the season is already over....again. 

• Agree 2

I live in austin. he is a good player with no other issues. i hope we take him in the 2nd round. or 3rd round because i don't think we will have a 2nd rounder.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Put the young man in a rehab/community service program and we’ll take him in the 5th

but, this means KC or PHI will draft him now

I was actually gonna say, there is one team that probably put him higher on their board after this news.

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Ski said:

I live in austin. he is a good player with no other issues. i hope we take him in the 2nd round. or 3rd round because i don't think we will have a 2nd rounder.

We don't a 3rd at present time. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I read he told teams at the combine he was going to leave his partying days in the past. Can you trust a guy like that? Maybe you take a late round flyer or UDFA, but hes probably a 1st round target for philly now

I think he'll still be a day 2 pick. Some teams don't care character concerns if they can find a deal. As you pointed out, Philly showed last year they're cool with it. Kansas City and Cleveland come to mind as well. 

If he goes to a team with solid leadership and not much on the party scene he may overcome. Miami or Las Vegas...he may be out of the league in 3 years if he can't get past the demons 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

PURE STUPIDITY!! 

Marcel Dareus all over again?? 

geesh I hope Bills current FO learned from that previous error. But he went south after he got paid big monies

Kids do kid dumb stuff. Does he learn ?

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Me too.  Risky prospect, but if he hits....he's a complete terror.  Him just being on the field automatically makes run D better.  He can take on 3 OL 

If KC drafts him to play next to Chris Jones, the season is already over....again. 

Doesn’t rush the qb anywhere near what Jones does. Two totally different players 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:39 PM, Augie said:

That’s terrible timing for him, and you have to hope that is a very isolated incident. It’s always dumb, but right now???

EDIT: I worked with a guy who went to UGA and went back to Athens, GA to be in his buddies wedding. The groom got a DUI going 2-3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. That would be another example of bad timing! 

That's bad luck.   But also pretty damn stupid.  At his own wedding he can't plan transportation?  Or just walk if it's 3 blocks.   

Funny how poor planning and dumb decisions lead to bad luck

Posted (edited)

Update, and it isn't a good one:

First, and most importantly, Sweat’s blood-alcohol concentration was measured at 0.105 percent. That’s more than 25 percent over the legal limit.

As previously noted, it takes a considerable amount of alcohol to get a 366-pound man to 0.105 percent BAC.

The BAC was measured at 6:08 a.m. The officer arrived on the scene of a two-car accident at 4:41 a.m. It’s possible, and perhaps likely, that Sweat’s BAC was higher at the time of the incident, and that it dropped in the ensuing 87 minutes.

Honestly I won't be surprised if he drops to like the 5th round, or even out of the draft entirely. He supposedly has questions of work ethic pop up on his tape, and now this during the most important offseason of his life.

Edited by HappyDays

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There is DEFINITELY some drag racing in this kid's future.

Do you think we should put all the Canadians away? 

EDIT: That’s actually disappointing to hear because I like the idea of a man in the middle that cannot be moved. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:42 AM, Low Positive said:

Has it been stated that this was alcohol? Because driving while intoxicated could also be weed, and that makes a lot more sense for an afternoon arrest. Judging from the aroma coming from cars at stoplights in Cincinnati, a significant portion of the population drives around smoking weed all day every day. 

That’s DUI (driving under the influence) fyi. 

On 4/7/2024 at 4:36 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder how much it takes for that dude to get drunk. 

I had a friend in undergrad who was a huge guy; 6'5" and like 295 at the time.  He was into weight lifting and was actively trying to get to 300 lbs. b/c he thought it would be cool to be 300 lbs.

He would pound a CASE OF BEER at home to get "warmed up" prior to LEAVING THE HOUSE to start out night of bar hopping.

I know a case of beer to warm up seems like BS; but that is what he would do.  He could guzzle a beer in a few seconds and I don't think it really impacted him at all.

Lots of tolerance for alcohol back in those days too, from plenty of practice.

Some of these guys in the NFL (who look closer to 400 lbs to my eye) can probably do an alcohol IV and remain sober.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I saw someone last week in San Jose riding a bike while holding an open bottle of Modelo which he was drinking. In broad daylight.

I also saw a homeless person look through all the trash cans in a plaza to remember where he hid his open bottle of alcohol. He eventually found it and then sat concealed under a bush near the Burger King drive-thru to drink it. Then he left it there when he was done and disappeared into the bushes. This was at 4 PM on a Sunday.

Edited by chongli

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I had a friend in undergrad who was a huge guy; 6'5" and like 295 at the time.  He was into weight lifting and was actively trying to get to 300 lbs. b/c he thought it would be cool to be 300 lbs.

He would pound a CASE OF BEER at home to get "warmed up" prior to LEAVING THE HOUSE to start out night of bar hopping.

I know a case of beer to warm up seems like BS; but that is what he would do.  He could guzzle a beer in a few seconds and I don't think it really impacted him at all.

Lots of tolerance for alcohol back in those days too, from plenty of practice.

Some of these guys in the NFL (who look closer to 400 lbs to my eye) can probably do an alcohol IV and remain sober.

I remember going out partying one night. Took my buddy back to his car because he refused to let me drive him home. I at least told him I would follow him to make sure he got home ok. 

we pulled up to his car in the parking lot, and as he threw it into reverse, a cop that must have been staking out the lot all night pulled up right behind him. My buddy fishtailed the front of his car in reverse, barely clearing the cop car by about 6”. As soon as he noticed it was a cop he turned the car off, threw the keys in the floor and told the cop “I wasn’t driving, it was in neutral” heard it with my own ears. 

he walked over to me and told me he would be giving us breathalyzers, and told me to wait right where I was. 

the cop came back to my car after giving the breathalyzer to my buddy. Told me that he blew a .26. I tried to explain that I wanted to drive him home and he wouldn’t let me. Told him I was planning on following him home. He said as long as I wasn’t intoxicated he would let me take him home. 

I blew just over a .10 which at the time was just at the legal limit. he called it good enough. Told me that he would be back to make sure my buddies car didn’t move for the rest of the night and let us go on our ways. 

moral of the story, things were a lot different back in the day. And….. let’s not all pretend that .105 is really that bad. It’s like 3 drinks in an hour. And most people over the age of 40 can actually remember when it was perfectly legal to drive with .10 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I saw someone last week in San Jose riding a bike while holding an open bottle of Modelo which he was drinking. In broad daylight.

I also saw a homeless person look through all the trash cans in a plaza to remember where he hid his open bottle of alcohol. He eventually found it and then sat concealed under a bush near the Burger King drive-thru to drink it. Then he left it there when he was done and disappeared into the bushes. This was at 4 PM on a Sunday.

You weren’t supposed to tell anyone what you saw me doing in that garbage can. 

• Haha (+1) 2