And we're on to.. Aiyuk?

JMM

Thoughts about a trade for him? Could we even afford what he will want? And what would it take pick wise. A proven commodity,  but costly. I'm not sure I would do it because of this amazing draft for WRs.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, JMM said:

Thoughts about a trade for him? Could we even afford what he will want? And what would it take pick wise. A proven commodity,  but costly. I'm not sure I would do it because of this amazing draft for WRs.

I wouldn’t do it for a 2024 pick but now with two seconds in 2025 those would be in play for a receiver of his caliber they definitely have the room to afford his salary next year.

You add Aiyuk and then draft a couple guys this year you are just fine and you haven’t mortgage so much that you can continue to draft for areas 

7 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

We need a 1, not a 2.  Slim pickings I know, I'd rather take our chances drafting one.

I would rather draft one too but I think Aiyuk could be a good #1 as well.  He got 105 targets last year and I think if you give him 30 more with the Bills...I think we could see a Diggs from MN to Buffalo type of increase in production.

From what I know about Aiyuk is he's a yac guy and we need more of that.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, JMM said:

Love the receiver. IMO probably too expensive.

My guess is they bring in a significantly cheaper guy, probably an X who's a #2 in free agency. And one or two more in the draft.

Certainly they could bring in Aiyuk if they wanted to. The question is whether it would be smart. That would depend on the contract. But he'll be expensive.

Edited by Thurman#1

I love Aiyuk, and could see it happen. But one of the reasons they are taking this 30 million cap hit imo is to clear the money at that position and go younger and cheaper. I highly doubt they turn around and trade for Aiyuk and then give him a huge contract. JMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

So the problem obviously is the Bills will have to pay him right away, and my guess would be Diggs current deal is the floor of what that deal would be. Personally I don’t know much about the guy-can he separate, can he make catches in traffic, I have read that he is a good YAC guy, but is that because of the system he was in? I also don’t want the Bills giving up their first round pick. If the 49ers came to the Bills with an offer they should listen, I’m not convinced the Bills should be calling them though

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather draft one too but I think Aiyuk could be a good #1 as well.  He got 105 targets last year and I think if you give him 30 more with the Bills...I think we could see a Diggs from MN to Buffalo type of increase in production.

From what I know about Aiyuk is he's a yac guy and we need more of that.

In a way I would rather keep a guy like Aiyuk closer to his current rate of 100 ish receptions, and have the ability to spread the ball around more, imo it keeps defenses a bit more off balance when they aren’t sure who is being targeted, we forced to many passes to Diggs, making us pretty predictable for big chunks of games, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, JMM said:

I'd rather take my chances in the draft.  Aiyuk is very good, but to me he's not a clearcut WR1 and wasn't one in SF...oh, and he wants to be paid.  Seems like a bad year to trade draft assets for a guy like this...

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JMM said:

It's the $$$ that worries me. I'd rather draft WRs on rookie contracts than pay top dollar for FAs. Josh can turn these talented rookies into Aiyuk type players

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 twos? 60 and the the Vikings 2nd.  Ayuik last year had more yards and Tds than diggs on over 50 less targets.  I would be all in on Ayuik.  Instantly, steps in as a number one.  Opens the first rd back up.  I think if he is in play Beane will wait and see until draft night.  

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So the problem obviously is the Bills will have to pay him right away, and my guess would be Diggs current deal is the floor of what that deal would be. Personally I don’t know much about the guy-can he separate, can he make catches in traffic, I have read that he is a good YAC guy, but is that because of the system he was in? I also don’t want the Bills giving up their first round pick. If the 49ers came to the Bills with an offer they should listen, I’m not convinced the Bills should be calling them though

I don't think the Bills would have to pay him big money right away.  It's part of what makes Aiyuk attractive, his first year here would be a reasonable salary.  The Bills could structure it for a multi-year contract with guaranteed money for later years.  The real benefit is the reduction of risk in the 2024 season.

I think the FO would really have to figure out Aiyuk's fit here though - culture/diva wise.  It's not a good look forcing his way out of SF and we just went through it.

Getting Rookies and penciling them in as pretty much WR1-ish is riskier than we have seen out of Beane in the past.  But if the Bills can do it and go with rookies it really transitions this team to a Josh lead juggernaut.  Getting the likes of McConkey/K Coleman/T Franklin/Legette would solidify Josh as the leader of this team and get the team with an offense that has a core that will be together for multiple years (Kincaid/Cook/Shakir/rookie WR).

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes please.  It would be more expensive in draft capital to go up for one of the top WR’s than it would for Aiyuk.  Not interested in the Jalen Reagor/Justin Jefferson roulette game when it comes to drafting WR’s in that range.  

it will be 80-100 million more expensive for next 4 years of Aiyuk though 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

two 2nds for Aiyuk and draft a receiver at 28 and you might break the NFL.

Why couldn’t we get Aiyuk for one second round pick? 

If they make a move on any veteran WR I expect it to be after the draft. Prob want to see what they end up with. 

Maybe it’s just me as well but I never considered Aiyuk to be a # 1 WR deserving of 20-25 million a year. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Because the Niners are going to want more for a player with a 17.9 YPC that just turned 26 

The Niners can want more, but if no one else wants to pay it, that’s really irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1

Trade a 2025 2nd that can become a 1st based on production

Then trade our 2024 1st and other 2025 2nd to move up for Brian Thomas Jr

Still have our 2nd this year plus a 1st or 2nd next year

Get er done

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Why couldn’t we get Aiyuk for one second round pick? 

Because he's 26 and has 5 seasons of prime ball ahead of him. It would be the Diggs trade all over again only this time the Bills have Kincaid, Cook, Shakir, Samuel, Knox and a much better oline instead of Beasley, washed up Brown, Isiah Mckenzie and a rookie 4th rounder in Gabe Davis and Knox, Singletary, and pathetic oline. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

it will be 80-100 million more expensive for next 4 years of Aiyuk though 

Yes, but we’re not paying any of our skill position players top end of market right now. Shakir, Kincaid and Cook are cost controlled for at least another 2 years.  Knox took a paycut.  Yes, it would be great if we could draft a stud WR who’s immediately a #1WR but the odds are well below 50% where we are drafting.  And I’m not wasting a year of prime Josh on those odds.  Give me the 80-90% sure thing in Aiyuk.  

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I don't think the Bills would have to pay him big money right away.  It's part of what makes Aiyuk attractive, his first year here would be a reasonable salary.  The Bills could structure it for a multi-year contract with guaranteed money for later years.  The real benefit is the reduction of risk in the 2024 season.

I think the FO would really have to figure out Aiyuk's fit here though - culture/diva wise.  It's not a good look forcing his way out of SF and we just went through it.

Getting Rookies and penciling them in as pretty much WR1-ish is riskier than we have seen out of Beane in the past.  But if the Bills can do it and go with rookies it really transitions this team to a Josh lead juggernaut.  Getting the likes of McConkey/K Coleman/T Franklin/Legette would solidify Josh as the leader of this team and get the team with an offense that has a core that will be together for multiple years (Kincaid/Cook/Shakir/rookie WR).

His contract is why he is available.  That would be part of the deal and possibly how they lower compensation.  His yard per catch and target are very high.  Would be a #1 on this offense and has big play ability.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Niners can want more, but if no one else wants to pay it, that’s really irrelevant.

Hey if a 2nd is all it takes then sign me up. He just has a lot more value than Diggs so I struggle to see him on the move for just a 2nd.

Just now, Process said:

Trade a 2025 2nd that can become a 1st based on production

Then trade our 2024 1st and other 2025 2nd to move up for Brian Thomas Jr

Still have our 2nd this year plus a 1st or 2nd next year

Get er done

I’d sign off on that, but I think it takes more than that to get Thomas, Jr….id be ok sticking at 28 and taking Franklin or Leggette or Mitchell…

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

Hey if a 2nd is all it takes then sign me up. He just has a lot more value than Diggs so I struggle to see him on the move for just a 2nd.

The Bills didn’t actually get a second for Diggs.  They gave up two picks and are getting a second next year.  60 and maybe a 4th this year might be enough to get Aiyuk.  I don’t see any team giving up their first for him in a draft year like this one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’d sign off on that, but I think it takes more than that to get Thomas, Jr….id be ok sticking at 28 and taking Franklin or Leggette or Mitchell…

The Bills didn’t actually get a second for Diggs.  They gave up two picks and are getting a second next year.  60 and maybe a 4th this year might be enough to get Aiyuk.  I don’t see any team giving up their first for him in a draft year like this one.

I know they didn't get a 2nd this year. You trade pick # 60 which is basically a 3rd and the Bills own 2nd next year which will fall in the 50 to 64 range.

That Vikings pick they received has a good chance of being in the 33 to 50 range. 

It would amount to a trade of 31 year old Diggs, two late 2nds in the 2024 and 2025 draft plus a 6th 2024 and 5th 2025 pick for 

26 year old Aiyuk and a early 2025 2nd round pick unless you think the Vikings are going to come on like gang busters.

I dont and im happy all day every day with that trade.

• Agree 1