Diggs traded to Texans for picks

On ESPN NFL Live they're addressing the question why if Diggs developed a reputation for sideline disagreements in Buffalo would the Texans take a flyer on Diggs?  And the answer was because strong leadership from HC Ryan's and QB CJ Stroud can keep Diggs in line.

My take is why should anyone, coaches, management, other players have to devote valuable time and energy to keeping somebody in line?  They'll professionals. Not children.  But sadly some can't always maintain that level of behavior.

Is the potential to upgrade their offense at the cost of creating potential distractions on and off the field? The results will say.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

At the presser, Beane said, "Certain things need to be kept in-house."

That leads me to believe Brooke Kromer (Aaron's daughter) knows what she's talking about when she tweets: "Good riddance.  There's always a reason & always a plan."

There's some behind-the-scenes drama with Diggs we may never learn about.  

Diggs bro is the same situation, I never believed he was just ***** around. They have conversations, he knew his true feelings about the Bills. Diggs was already labeled a crybaby, he just let his bro do the yapping for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

I mean, you have to start to think the reason the media pounced on everything he said had to do with the fact that they had some insight into the locker room and knew he was a little B word. 

I'm guessing we'll hear more about what an ass he was in the coming days.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

she did not say that on hot mic.

she said that in confidence to a reporter who picked it up on his open mic and the news channel let it be aired. it was a bushleague move by the reporter and his station.

she did not know his mic was open, she did not know he would let it be aired and rebroadcast. she was 100% unaware and set up.

Isn't this the definition of a "hot mic"? 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have to say that I was getting pretty tired of his act.  No problem as long as the performance is there, but I did not like his whole demeanor not to mention performance in those last eight games, and since.  Good decision by Beane to move on while it is still possible and to some advantage for the Bills by freeing up space next year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Hand up I’m one of the ones that said we couldn’t trade him due to cap reasons…feed me my crow

I’ll join you. I thought for sure they would just cut him next off-season.

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

On ESPN NFL Live they're addressing the question why if Diggs developed a reputation for sideline disagreements in Buffalo would the Texans take a flyer on Diggs?  And the answer was because strong leadership from HC Ryan's and QB CJ Stroud can keep Diggs in line.

My take is why should anyone, coaches, management, other players have to devote valuable time and energy to keeping somebody in line?  They'll professionals. Not children.  But sadly some can't always maintain that level of behavior.

Is the potential to upgrade their offense at the vast of creating potential distractions on and off yhe field? The results will say.

The talking heads are full of it. The real answer is that Diggs will be a good teammate for a couple of years. That seems to have been his MO. So if you can get a player of his caliber for pretty insignificant capital and you know he will be a good for a couple of years then it’s worth doing. He will surely wear out his welcome there as well once the honeymoon is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

Clear from the Beane press conference that Diggs wanted out. As to what is next, Beane just said the roster isn't set until September. Have the draft, obviously (no guarantee of first rounder there), and whatever other moves may be possible. Really not much learned-- certainly will look to add to the WR room.

I still believe WR will be taken in the first, with a trade up a distinct possibility.

Edited by par73

Some folks on the internet blasting Beane and the team and that this is a bad look.  

It’s a bad look for ONE guy - Diggs.  

If you don’t come away with this drawing any other conclusion then “yea this guy may (was) be great but he really is a gigantic POS,” I don’t know what to tell you.  

Good luck Stefon.  Thank you for your service and F off.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Diggs will be fine for the Texans the next couple of seasons. He’s like the spouse that gets caught cheating and promises to change their ways. They are on their best behavior after being caught (traded)……but only for a while.

13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

If Brian Thomas JR falls to #20-#23, it’s possible

If he does, yes. But then you’re trading what, a pick that’s in the 200-300 point value range. 

Guess my thoughts of that not being in our possession is them trading into the 10-20 range. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I’m not married to that, but I can visualize him plugging in that spot. 

I think the combination of Samuel and Shakir and Kincaid can handle that spot.  That’s what happened during the Bills winning streak to finish the year.  The need remains size and speed on the other side.  

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Diggs will be fine for the Texans the next couple of seasons. He’s like the spouse that gets caught cheating and promises to change their ways. They are on their best behavior after being caught (traded)……but only for a while.

What if....what if CJ Stroud takes a step back??

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

If he does, yes. But then you’re trading what, a pick that’s in the 200-300 point value range. 

Guess my thoughts of that not being in our possession is them trading into the 10-20 range. 

I think the draft point guide thing is my most disliked modern feature of the NFL media complex. How tf you gonna measure value when you don't even know the player who comes in, and you're not even taking into account the needs of a team. 

You want a player that you think is gonna complete your roster and elevate you to SB contender? Go get him and damn the stupid charts

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if....what if CJ Stroud takes a step back??

Said this earlier, Sophomore slumps are real and winning the off season often doesn’t translate to the real games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One good point that Nate Geary made is Keenan Allen went for a 4th.  He had 110 catches last year.  So a 2nd for Diggs is about right.  

y'all see what Brian Burns went for?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Weak milquetoast Board.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Get this bad boy to 100 pages before 5 pm!

Go Bills!

fox broadcasting quit acting like a bunch of bitches GIF by Empire FOX

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I gotta tell ya, I've been preaching that Diggs hasn't been that in the playoffs, along with any other WRs not named Davis, and got nearly universal heat for it.  

Now it's the narrative du jour.  

LOL 

Obviously he wasn’t motivated here anymore or they wouldn’t have traded him. Might have been like that for a while now. He was great for us some years ago but lately not so much. 

Not mad about it the more it sinks in. Great player at a time who is still very good, but the juice was no longer worth the squeeze.

Main takeaway from reading through far more of this thread than I'd care to admit is to be stunned that people seem have a hard time spelling the last name Cook, as in James Cook. Continuing to add an "e" or an "s" to the end of his name after having been on the team two seasons is not only inexplicable, but creates unnecessary risk for typing-related injury.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One good point that Nate Geary made is Keenan Allen went for a 4th.  He had 110 catches last year.  So a 2nd for Diggs is about right.  

No argument. Just wish it was a 2024 pick.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Bills @ Houston game this season just got that much more interesting.  

Meh, Josh Allen vs CJ Stroud is still the big story here

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Weak milquetoast Board.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Get this bad boy to 100 pages before 5 pm!

Go Bills!

Starship Troopers Parody GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 2