Diggs traded to Texans for picks

9 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The old guilty till proven innocent! 

The baby thing sounds false (the sketchy website that reported it also later said it was false). 

The breakup story may be true, lots locally have made claims, but so many are wanna-be attention garden-hoes now. 

This is the first I’ve ever heard of the ‘party before home games’ claim. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

This is not a criminal trial. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

You love him so much you can’t spell his first name correctly.

Sorry but I had to.

You were perfectly right to.

Astonishing really. I even edited from Diggs to Stephon without clocking.  I'm going to pretend it's because I was so upset. Another edit has taken place. I couldn't just leave it that way!

• Thank you (+1) 1

The terms of the trade, which seem quite bad for the Bills, and the fact that Bills made the trade anyway, suggest that nobody would pay any more for Diggs where he is now in his career. It really says that the Bills REALLY wanted to get rid of him, even if the market for him was not good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If the Bills are going to be a serious contender this year they need to trade for an Aiyuk, Higgins, or Jefferson.  If not, then they need to make a massive trade up to get one of those top three WR prospects.  That's the only way this team competes for a Super Bowl this year and it sucks if it doesn't happen.

Higgins was franchise tagged, right? 

I think Aiyuk would make the most sense if they're looking for an established #1 guy.  

I'm more intrigued with the trade up for a rookie and you bring in a WR like Thomas that's kind of a low risk gamble.   

36 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

So you argue that the Bills traded the wrong player?

NO. Diggs doesn't want to be here, so he should go. I argue the case for Diggs wanting to leave is a valid one. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

They had Kelce and a top five defense.

Kelce is a shadow of himself, honestly. He's still good but not the dominant force he used to be. And the Bills have a good defense too.

There's really nothing to be panicking about, especially before the roster is even set.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

We've all heard the stories, but, ya got proof on this bull####, or do you just enjoy using the internet? 

Ahhh if there only was Social Media and Internet in the 90s with those Bills teams.  Josh's "rumors" would be Saint like.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know that we need to trade up too far.  Puka was a 5th rounder.  More related was Josh allen after many teams passed him over and most of this board upset when Bills selected him and not the other Josh.  I would not trade too much to move up in round 1.  Maybe trade later round or future picks to get another round two or move up in round 2 for a second maybe great wr this year amd hope one breaks out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Probably because they needed that draft pick before the draft so that they can trade it to move up. That's the only way that this makes sense.

If that happens,  your assuming that will happen. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

They had Kelce and a top five defense.

…and the Bills have Kincaid who had a very good rookie year and should be better in 2024.   Every year the Bills have Allen, they will have a very good chance of making the playoffs…and the SB. 

Bad Short Term 2024 - disaster $31 mil dead cap hole for an elite player not on team. (pretend he got injured like von if it helps)

Good Long Term 2025-2027 - clears alot of cap space. you can buy alot of groceries with that savings (cap hit zero going forward)

2025 - $27.3 mil

2026 - $28.4 mil

2027 - $22.5 mil

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

The terms of the trade, which seem quite bad for the Bills

This is an uninformed take.  Diggs' contract is HUGE.  He's 31 and anyone can see how his performance has diminished.  The Bills didn't have to give up anything significant in the '24 draft to make this happen and get them out from under that contract in a year, plus they got an additional piece of draft capital to go and get their guy this year if they want to (and pay him a rookie contract).

I think the trade is a win for the Bills and a "to be determined" for the Texans -- but I understand why Caserio did it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

He is a celebrity QB?  Cause he chose an accomplished intelligent woman as a partner and not his psycho high school sweetheart? 

Actually, he did choose his psycho high school sweetheart. Thery WERE LIVING TOGETHER at one point. If he decided he was done with her, that was a VERY IMMATURE way to tell her. Again, the lengths homers go to.

End of the day Beane should have traded him before giving that crazy extension

1 minute ago, eball said:

This is an uninformed take.  Diggs' contract is HUGE.  He's 31 and anyone can see how his performance has diminished.  The Bills didn't have to give up anything significant in the '24 draft to make this happen and get them out from under that contract in a year, plus they got an additional piece of draft capital to go and get their guy this year if they want to (and pay him a rookie contract).

I think the trade is a win for the Bills and a "to be determined" for the Texans -- but I understand why Caserio did it.

Are the just taking the cap hit this year and next season start over clean?

32 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Your anti-Allen dribble is quickly becoming tiring.  How many times are you going to post the same thought over and over and over?  Anyone want to start a poll on banning this troll?

To be fair, with his user name choice, he let us know what to expect from God contributions.

The second round pick the Bills received came to Houston via the Vikings who are likely to be starting a rookie or journeyman QB.  There is potential for the pick to be high second round.  I am liking this trade better by the minute.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Does anyone know what cap hit for next season is or is this it and next year we're clean of Diggs's contract. 

There is no cap hit next year, it's all this year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

so we endured months of misinformation from so many sources telling us this was "impossible financially"

and POOF..... there is no Diggs $ on our books after this season.  All it took to do that was an extra 3.2 million hit above what he was already accounting for 

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

There is an pinned thread on the cap implications of this. In a nutshell, the Bills take the medicine this year and get 25 million in cap space in 2025.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Your anti-Allen dribble is quickly becoming tiring.  How many times are you going to post the same thought over and over and over?  Anyone want to start a poll on banning this troll?

Far from a troll. Big-time Bills fan, here. If you don't like my posts, block me. Quit acting like a baby while asking others to back you up. That's some weak 💩. Stand on your own.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

That "crazy" extension was how long ago?  At the time it made sense given his production.

Yes, the Bills will eat the dead cap from Diggs' bonus this year and be completely free of it in '25.  In the meantime, they can pay a rookie WR peanuts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

The second round pick the Bills received came to Houston via the Vikings who are likely to be starting a rookie or journeyman QB.  There is potential for the pick to be high second round.  I am liking this trade better by the minute.

This years first and give the Vikings their 2025 2nd round pick back for Jefferson.  

12 minutes ago, Commish said:

He basically said, there was no market for him, and that he's not a true #1 WR or fully dimensional player anymore. Said he's a 30 year old declining possession receiver. Said he was our #1 by default, &  doesn't expect him to get another big deal, or see the same kind of production. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's the "by the book" breakdown.

Houston can take on any amount they want, and even trade us cash for a player.

We'll have to see how this shakes out.

houston could take on guarenteed money, but it can't take on dead money. dead money is money that is already paid to diggs, it can't be changed

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

so we endured months of misinformation from so many sources telling us this was "impossible financially"

and POOF..... there is no Diggs $ on our books after this season.  All it took to do that was an extra 3.2 million hit above what he was already accounting for 

And I am fine with it.  No more bandaids to run it back with the older core again.  Reset that cap in one year and move on.  I still have the AFCE as the Bills to lose. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

That "crazy" extension was how long ago?  At the time it made sense given his production.

Yes, the Bills will eat the dead cap from Diggs' bonus this year and be completely free of it in '25.  In the meantime, they can pay a rookie WR peanuts.

Then I would combine the first this year and next plus another 3rd next season for a chance at Brian Thomas.  I feel much better knowing Diggs's contract will be off the books next season

44 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

How?   She didn’t lose her job despite her screw up by saying that on a hot mike.  

She was getting dragged left and right on social media, and fans JUMPED to Stefon's defense. It was unprofessional on her part, sure, but it gave you a little insight to what he was like behind the scenes, and people chose to ignore it. There is a saying.

When a person shows you who they are, believe them!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

My only question is how in the world are we giving up more picks to trade Diggs than what we are getting back? That doesn’t sound right…

The salary/contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

My only question is how in the world are we giving up more picks to trade Diggs than what we are getting back? That doesn’t sound right…

It shows how Diggs is perceived across the league.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

A 5th & a 6th have the same value as a 2nd?  Would you feel better if we got back 3 7th round picks instead?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

A couple things. 

1.  volume of picks and value of picks are different things.    You would rather have a 2 vs a 5 and 6.

2.  This is often not understood....you trade contracts as much as players.   The Texans are taking a toxic/crap contract off the Bills hands.  So yes they are getting a player but it comes with a high AAV for them also.

3.  Diggs is over 30

I know money talks but how does the organization justify using one of Allen’s remaining prime years on a rebuild? Imagine going to work everyday knowing that you will not succeed for at least the next year. He’s counting the bucks but that would be hard for someone that competitive 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

You dont make real life decisions on what was or what isnt.   You make real life decisions on what is.   You're also using the word "elite" very loosely when referring to last year.      There were 4 Elite players at wideout last season, Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, CeeDee Lamb, and Amon Ra St Brown.   Those guys put up huge numbers and were game changers.   Not one of them played with a QB near as good as Josh Allen. 

We will find a new #1 wideout and hopefully he will be a more well adjusted person. 

Number one wide receivers aren't easily found