TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

With the 13th pick, the Las Vegas Raiders select Taliese Fuaga, OT, OSU . @frostbitmic Is now on the clock. 

Laitu was so enticing, we had to hold Antonio Pierce back. Though we want the defensive line to be a strength we don’t want to hamper the growth of Tyree Wilson. Cornerback was also in consideration for this pick but we like the depth later in the draft.

Since we blew up our offensive line a few years ago we have been looking to rebuild it. Once we do that we can think about adding a top QB prospect next year. Adding Fuaga gives us a cornerstone RT. HC Pierce is an old school linebacker so you know he believes in setting the tone and being nasty up front. 

Pierce really does come across as a build the trenches guy. He wants mean and nasty and to remake the old time "Raider Way". If successful, he could be the Dan Campbell of the AFC. 

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Broncos, make no mistake, we’re tanking.  

I don’t know how you can look at this team and reach any other conclusion.  In a “trades” draft, we’re going to look to stock some draft capital.  

Are we tanking for Sanders?  Maybe.  But it’s a good QB class in 25.  

Anyway, that QB will need weapons…

With the 12th pick in the 2024 draft the Denver Broncos select Brian Thomas, WR, LSU.  He might not be the best WR in this class but we’re probably trading Sutton who is going to be 29 in October.  We need to have a rookie on a first round rookie contract.  

@LEBills and the Raiders are on the clock.  

Who’s going to throw him the ball?

54 minutes ago, section122 said:

4 Qbs and 4 WRs in the first 12 picks.  I wonder if that has ever happened? 

Also only 2 defenders taken so far and both edge rushers.  

Some interesting trends developing. 

Not a chance 4 WRs go top 12.  The last time the Giants passed on a QB to draft a skill position it didn’t work out very well for them.  Denver selecting the 4th best WR at 12 when they have no QB is laughable.  They are either trading up for a QB or trading down for a 1st + in next years draft to have ammo for one.  There’s a good chance 5 QBs go high with Penix possibly penetrating the top 15.  

Personally, I think there are way too many crappy teams that will be looking to find a cornerstone QB or build the trenches first before spending a top 10 pick on a WR.  

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the 6th pick, the New Jersey Giants select: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington 

Serious thought was given to going QB in this spot. But frankly, it doesn't matter who the QB is if they don't have an Alpha receiver to throw to.  

Enter Odunze who I feel could have the most successful NFL career of the top 3 WRs long term. Excellent size and strength Odunze can step right in on day 1 giving us that #1 WR we haven't had since early OBJ. 

The Tennessee Titans and @MrEpsYtownare now on the clock.

Solid/Accurate pick in my opinion.  Albert Breer was just on the Rich Eisen show, and shared that the NYG was spending a lot of time with Odunze.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 14th pick in the 2024 VMD The New Orleans Saints select Brock Bowers - TE - Georgia

Looking to give Carr more weapons, we're giving him the top TE prospect in the draft. Carr liked using Waller back in their Raider days so we expect Bowers will be his new best friend.

@Kirby Jackson and the Colts are on the board

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Not a chance 4 WRs go top 12.  The last time the Giants passed on a QB to draft a skill position it didn’t work out very well for them.  Denver selecting the 4th best WR at 12 when they have no QB is laughable.  They are either trading up for a QB or trading down for a 1st + in next years draft to have ammo for one.  There’s a good chance 5 QBs go high with Penix possibly penetrating the top 15.  

Personally, I think there are way too many crappy teams that will be looking to find a cornerstone QB or build the trenches first before spending a top 10 pick on a WR.  

So just to counter that, is it better to take the 4th best WR or the 5th best QB? Taking the 5th best QB could set back a franchise even more. Taking the WR probably is setting up Denver to draft early next year and they could end up with a much better prospect 

9 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

If Thomas wasn't taken at #12, I would've taken him for the Saints at #14.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed. I maintain that it's a moot point, because Daniels is going to Washington at 2.

The selection of Kliff Kingsbury as OC, the signing of Mariota as backup QB...everything points to a certain kind of RPO, movement, and spread system that they want to run, and Jayden Daniels is the man to run it.

Williams to the Bears and Daniels to the Commanders are picks I'd feel comfortable writing in permanent marker right now, and betting real money on. Beyond that, it's all a crapshoot.

They said that about Darnold going to the Browns before it came down to Baker or Allen.  I have heard some things from people I trust who have been reliable that Maye is still very much in play for Commanders.  Still very well could be Daniels, but from I am hearing is that both Maye and Daniels have their supporters within the Commanders and that they are both still being openly discussed and weighed. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The logic given for Denver does make sense though. If the GM and Coach know they have 2024 regardless just pick a guy your QB will use in the future. I think they will take whoever their QB4/5 is at #12. But if they don't the Thomas pick makes some sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They said that about Darnold going to the Browns before it came down to Baker or Allen.  I have heard some things from people I trust who have been reliable that Maye is still very much in play for Commanders.  Still very well could be Daniels, but from I am hearing is that both Maye and Daniels have their supporters within the Commanders and that they are both still being openly discussed and weighed. 

The guys I am speaking to all think it is Jayden FWIW. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The logic given for Denver does make sense though. If the GM and Coach know they have 2024 regardless just pick a guy your QB will use in the future. I think they will take whoever their QB4/5 is at #12. But if they don't the Thomas pick makes some sense to me.

The guys I am speaking to all think it is Jayden FWIW. 

Its probably more that maybe Jayden is the front runner, but I am told they haven't made a final decision.  Im just relaying what they told me, and the person I am talking to has direct inside insight in Washington.  All they said was that both still have their supporters (didn't indicate how much for either) and they don't feel they need to rush the final decision and still discussing all options.  But take that FWIW, just something being passed down, have no idea how accurate it is or isn't, just sharing.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

With the 15th pick, the Indianapolis Colts select Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo @CNYfan is on the clock.  

The Colts have a big need in the secondary and they pick up the draft’s top CB. They considered a pass rusher here but Mitchell’s performance at the Senior Bowl stuck in our minds. With so many great WRs entering the league you need high end CBs that can play in multiple schemes. The Colts were near the bottom of the league in turnovers. His ball skills are appealing.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 6

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have heard some things from people I trust who have been reliable that Maye is still very much in play for Commanders.  Still very well could be Daniels, but from I am hearing is that both Maye and Daniels have their supporters within the Commanders and that they are both still being openly discussed and weighed. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/betting-odds-shift-toward-drake-maye-over-jayden-daniels-as-favorite-for-no-2-pick

Betting odds shift toward Drake Maye over Jayden Daniels as favorite for number 2 pick. 

Maybe you're onto something, Alpha.

• Like (+1) 2

With the 16th pick in the TSW 2024 1st Mock Draft the Seattle Seahawks select Troy Fautanu OL Washington.

While this is a "need" selection, and the room was divided with many arguing that the UCLA pass rusher was a higher graded player, the fact that there is no 2nd rounder to find immediate OL help caused the decision to tip in this direction.   Also, if there were a trade back that may have been the play, as there is OL help later in the first, with a chance to have 2 day 2 picks. 

This player will start at left guard and has the length and quickness to move outside to tackle eventually.  

The Jacksonville/London Jaguars @mannc are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

16 picks in and only 3 defensive players.

I am going to look back and try to find out if anything remotely close happened in recent years.

Edit: Actually it did. 3 years ago, only 4 defensive players were selected in top 16 - Horn, Surtain, Parsons and Collins.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

It's not anywhere near as crazy as you'd think. 

There's only 4 QB's considered Top Half of Round 1 prospects. I've heard it wondered by some if McCarthy's climb as of late isn't as real in league circles as it seems from experts, ala "Will Levis could go #1" last season. Though I do believe he still goes Top 12.

But Penix and Nix are looked at as fringe 1st Round Picks and it wouldn't shock me in the least if they weren't selected Day 1. Selecting one of them at 12 would be way more of a need pick than a value pick. And we've seen of late that even QB needy teams would rather wait than overdraft a QB in Round 1.

On the flip side, i've been noticing BTJ going higher and higher in mocks lately. I don't know if that's Post Combine excitement from experts or people hearing things. But it's really not uncommon to see him in the 12-15 range of late.

4 QB's and 4 WR's in the top 12 isn't insane this year. Especially when you consider it's almost a given that most feel 4 QB's and 3 WR's are expected to go in the top 7-10 picks.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the 15th pick, the Indianapolis Colts select Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo @CNYfan is on the clock.  

The Colts have a big need in the secondary and they pick up the draft’s top CB. They considered a pass rusher here but Mitchell’s performance at the Senior Bowl stuck in our minds. With so many great WRs entering the league you need high end CBs that can play in multiple schemes. The Colts were near the bottom of the league in turnovers. His ball skills are appealing.

This is a dream result for the colts.  Cb is arguably their biggest need and they get the #1 guy all the way at 16.  It's realistic and I think they would be ecstatic.

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (mannc) are on the clock
45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he is there, he is the pick.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Spreadsheet also updated.  Its a B word on my phone lol.

You rock man.  Today's been busier for me than expected, so I really appreciate it!

• Like (+1) 1

Im up for a couple more hours this evening. If things move ahead of then Ill pick tonight if not I'll pick first thing in the morning UK time. 

Sorry it doesn't speed things along but this almost always happens haha. If we get one more pick before bed I'll message @Virgil my pick and my backup choice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Im up for a couple more hours this evening. If things move ahead of then Ill pick tonight if not I'll pick first thing in the morning UK time. 

Sorry it doesn't speed things along but this almost always happens haha. If we get one more pick before bed I'll message @Virgil my pick and my backup choice.

You're good boss.  We know you have time zone issue.  I'm cutting this off at 10p tonight, but I'm sure we will get through a few more.  If it gets to be that time for you, you're good waiting until the morning or just message me your top 2 options and I can update for you.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/betting-odds-shift-toward-drake-maye-over-jayden-daniels-as-favorite-for-no-2-pick

Betting odds shift toward Drake Maye over Jayden Daniels as favorite for number 2 pick. 

Maybe you're onto something, Alpha.

Thanks for sharing this, nice find :)

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this changes multiple more times in the weeks coming up, but I think it does certainly support what I am being told and believe, that Maye is very much in play still in Washington at #2.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 17th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft 1.0, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Laiatu Latu, Edge/DE, UCLA.   We were disappointed when Q Mitchell came off the board to Indy, but Latu, the best pure pass rusher in the draft, was a nice consolation.  Not exactly a need, but certainly a great player at a premium position to pair with our own Josh Allen.

@Might Rather is on the clock.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We’re tanking.  

There is zero evidence the Denver is tanking.  It’s simply not a thing in the NFL, especially at this stage of the season.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (Might Rather) are on the clock
4 hours ago, Sweats said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Pats are going to want JD. I think they'll see him as an elusive moving threat that can somewhat throw the ball with accuracy, however, he'll be able to scramble and keep plays alive.....something the Pats will sorely need to keep up in the AFCEast with our Bills.

Just a gut feeling....

I remember whispers that they wanted Lamar a few years ago. I know it’s a different regime in some ways, but it makes a lot of sense

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

There is zero evidence the Denver is tanking.  It’s simply not a thing in the NFL, especially at this stage of the season.

They lost their Center.  

They traded Jeudy.  

They lost Simmons.   

They have no money.  

They have no QB - they aren’t picking Nix or Penix at 12 - maybe Rattler in RD 3.  

No one plays to lose.  

But Payton knows this team needs a rebuild after the Wilson debacle.  

They will be picking in the top 3 in 2025.  

Now, if Daniels falls to them - maybe they do that at 12.  Idk.  

• Agree 1

The Broncos almost made the playoffs last year with the corpse of Russell Wilson.  That franchise and that coach are not tanking and they will definitely try to find their QB in this draft. I don’t know why you say they won’t draft Penix or Nix…both are real possibilities.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Broncos almost made the playoffs last year with the corpse of Russell Wilson.  That franchise and that coach are not tanking and they will definitely try to find their QB in this draft. I don’t know why you say they won’t draft Penix or Nix…both are real possibilities.

They lost key pieces.  They aren’t the same team.  

Those QBs are going on 24.  Rattler is to but like I said I can get him in RD 3.  

That’s how I’d approach this draft if I’m them - and I’m probably trading back to get more picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, mannc said:

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They lost their Center.  

They traded Jeudy.  

They lost Simmons.   

They have no money.  

They have no QB - they aren’t picking Nix or Penix at 12 - maybe Rattler in RD 3.  

No one plays to lose.  

But Payton knows this team needs a rebuild after the Wilson debacle.  

They will be picking in the top 3 in 2025.  

Now, if Daniels falls to them - maybe they do that at 12.  Idk.  

They actually have a pretty good roster. Their defense is very good and their offense has receivers, an RB and a really good line outside of the center spot….Althought I think both Powers and McGlichnchey, message board targets last year are both pretty terrible and very overrated. They don’t have a QB obviously and that is a huge problem. But I think they are far from the worst team in the league. They are an 8-9 type group imo. I don’t think Stidham is the guy, but I could see him starting a year as a bridge. Now if they trade Cortland Sutton and sign Nate Peterman or something, they arw tanking. 

I do think Sean Payton wants to prove he can win without Brees, just like BB tried to do in NE. And that’s why Stidham will get a shot. These guys are about ego. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They actually have a pretty good roster. Their defense is very good and their offense has receivers, an RB and a really good line outside of the center spot….Althought I think both Powers and McGlichnchey, message board targets last year are both pretty terrible and very overrated. They don’t have a QB obviously and that is a huge problem. But I think they are far from the worst team in the league. They are an 8-9 type group imo. I don’t think Stidham is the guy, but I could see him starting a year as a bridge. Now if they trade Cortland Sutton and sign Nate Peterman or something, they arw tanking. 

I do think Sean Payton wants to prove he can win without Brees, just like BB tried to do in NE. And that’s why Stidham will get a shot. These guys are about ego. 

And Boles is 31 likely to be gone after this season - UFA that has a 24 cap hit of 20 million. 

They're going to need a lot.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 18th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa 

We wanted one of the top OTs but they were gone. We're happy to have one of the best DB on our board. We are getting a highly competitive defensive back with plus ball skills. He's a hard hitter and can play multiple positions on defense as well as special teams.  

@GunnerBill the LA Rams are on the board 

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (GunnerBill) are on the clock
3 hours ago, Might Rather said:

With the 18th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa 

We wanted one of the top OTs but they were gone. We're happy to have one of the best DB on our board. We are getting a highly competitive defensive back with plus ball skills. He's a hard hitter and can play multiple positions on defense as well as special teams.  

@GunnerBill the LA Rams are on the board 

Thank god you took him. I was afraid that when the Bills were on the board he might be the pick 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His record the past few years is not great. Loved Drew Lock. Loved Zach Wilson. High on Kellen Mond. High on Matt Corral. 

Matt Corral's a starting QB in the USFL bro

• Haha (+1) 1

A lot of love for Jayden Daniels in this thread. I think he'll be a bust. He was very underwhelming for 4 years before his last year in college. He doesn't seem like a leader. He's got the physical tools, but I don't think he has the intangibles of a franchise QB.