Does Josh Allen still work as hard in the offseason?

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

They tear down and rebuild the OL, the defense in a blink of an eye. 

That was indeed frustrating to watch.

It feels as if every move they make is a success.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

Right now, the Bills, Ravens, Bengals, Texans and maybe the Jags are the only other teams with a chance vs the Chiefs. But I guarantee 15 years from now, Mahomes will have a winning playoff record vs all of them combined. Just like Brady does with all of his contemporaries.

The f*ck?

On 4/7/2024 at 6:27 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Patrick Mahomes currently doing the same with his receivers 

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/chiefs-patrick-mahomes-texas-throwing-session-nikko-remigio-justyn-ross-irv-smith-brock-bowers/

Meanwhile Josh is on a golf course somewhere...

And there you have it This was just released on YouTube. Proves everything. While Mahomes, Stroud, Wilson and others are working with their receivers Josh is golfing with Youtubers. There some interesting comments from him about his offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

And there you have it This was just released on YouTube. Proves everything. While Mahomes, Stroud, Wilson and others are working with their receivers Josh is golfing with Youtubers. There some interesting comments from him about his offseason. 

I really don't care if Josh drinks 80 beers and rolls into camp at 300 lbs. Do any of you think HE is the reason we got booted from the playoffs? Bills were the 2 seed for three out of the last four seasons. Would The Bills be the 1 seed if he had a six pack and threw the ball to receivers in the off season more? Would we have won the 13 seconds game or the divisional against KC again back in January if he ate more organic food? What are we doing here? How Josh handles his off season has had very little impact of the actual season. It's like people are so desperate for a reason for coming up short.

Obviously it's good to have a healthier regime and all that stuff, but I personally don't believe it's why we have been bumped out of the playoffs before making a Super Bowl. He is the guy with the most pressure on him, on this team. The one who is supposed to carry this team and City to glory. That is a lot of pressure and probably takes a huge mental toll. If he wants to golf and relax, I am not going to fault him. If it seemed like it was impacting the team or their chances, maybe I would think differently, but I am not seeing it. He still balls out once the regular season hits.

FWIW he may have to work with his receivers a lot more this off season due to the sheer fact it will likely be rookies and players that aren't Diggs and Davis.

Edited by Aimee75
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

23 minutes ago, wppete said:

I get a vibe from Josh that he’ll retire early.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 4

Whatever Josh is doing is working. It’s not like he’s playing like one of the worst QBs in the league. I’m sure every player has their offseason routines. Josh clears his mind, relaxes, and lets his body rest. I’m all for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/7/2024 at 5:45 PM, BillMafia716ix said:

I’ll admit I am a little skeptical of why we never hear about Josh and the WR’s getting together and working together in the offseason. Maybe that’s why there was such a disconnect between Diggs/Allen and caused friction. Maybe he felt Josh didn’t take things as serious as him. 

Right, because Diggs trying to fit in his spring workouts in suboptimal French hotel gyms between fashion shows and skipping OTAs - not to work out more intensely on his own, which I would understand, but to attend Coachella while Josh was with the team at OTAs, says "I'm really taking things more seriously than you"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I really need to stay away from this stuff.

I will just say one word:

Credulous.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/credulous

It's very disheartening and discouraging to me to read the amount of credulity in these posts.

Josh Allen has a golf handicap of 9.

Patrick Mahomes has a golf handicap of 7.7.

No one can work at their craft 24/7.  Since Mahomes and Allen are both fantastic athletes, if anything the logical conclusion would be that Pat Mahomes spends more time golfing and working at being a better golfer than Josh Allen.  

Josh was obviously filming some kind of promo for this Grant Horvath guy.  Why is a good question (doing a favor, paid for it, etc), but he spent a couple hours on the golf course filming a promo with this guy.

Diggs PR and various guys social media have put out some photos of him working out with Stroud.  

Diggs organized an off-season get together with Josh and receivers his first year on the Bills to show what a great teammate he was after pouting and forcing his way off of the Vikings.  We never heard about him doing it since - never heard about him traveling to Orange County to hang out with Josh and work out.

None of this gives fans a true or complete picture of how these guys are actually spending the majority of their time in their off-season.

Anyone who believes otherwise ..... is credulous.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The offseason should be a combination of preparation and relaxation.

I don't know how any of us can gauge if Josh is getting the ratio right.  

Exactly.  drop mic, end thread.

He may be goofing off 100% and not seeing after his physical condition and throwing motion or doing anything to improve his mental grasp of the game.

He may be doing exactly what he needs to do to ensure he shows up in the best mental and physical shape of his life and has improved his field vision and solidified his throwing motion 

He may be meeting up with our newer receivers like Kincaid and Shakir and Curtis Samuel. 

He may not be.

But a couple of social media posts of him golfing or of Diggs and of Mahomes working out, don't prove a damned thing one way or the other and there's only one word for anyone who thinks they do:

Credulous

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Process said:

Can we close this thread now?

It's really embarrassing that some people think Allen doesn't work out with his WRs in the offseason because he doesn't hire a production company to show up and film it. Every single starting QB works out with their guys at some point in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's really embarrassing that some people think Allen doesn't work out with his WRs in the offseason because he doesn't hire a production company to show up and film it. Every single starting QB works out with their guys at some point in the offseason.

I said it up thread:

Credulous

Same with people who think Pat Mahomes, with his 7.7 golf handicap and his part-ownership of a soccer club, spends every waking minute of every day trying to be a better football player - simply because we're not seeing social media clips of him golfing, but we are seeing social media pics of him in a weight room with WR.

It's the peril of our times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I said it up thread:

Credulous

Same with people who think Pat Mahomes, with his 7.7 golf handicap and his part-ownership of a soccer club, spends every waking minute of every day trying to be a better football player - simply because we're not seeing social media clips of him golfing, but we are seeing social media pics of him in a weight room with WR.

It's the peril of our times.

Soooo many people sucker up and fall for it too. Heck probably a 3rd of this board does.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Well some of it is based on Josh saying himself that getting rest in the offseason is what is most important to him. He takes time off until official practices start. But lets not take Josh word for it, the posters here know more about what he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I was going to say the final word on this comes from Gabe who basically said the people that think Josh doesn’t work with his guys in the off season was total bs he just doesn’t have a camera shoved in everyone’s face for social media to look at. This whole thread was an embarrassment. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well some of it is based on Josh saying himself that getting rest in the offseason is what is most important to him. He takes time off until official practices start. But lets not take Josh word for it, the posters here know more about what he does. 

Except that's not what Josh said at all, unless by "official practices" you mean "voluntary OTAs in April" (which are, you know, voluntary and not practices)

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was going to say the final word on this comes from Gabe who basically said the people that think Josh doesn’t work with his guys in the off season was total bs he just doesn’t have a camera shoved in everyone’s face for social media to look at. This whole thread was an embarrassment. 

No. Now why did you have to call me out at the end. The thread started out as a question during the offseason after Josh Allen himself said he doesn’t do as much as he use to.

The thread wasn’t a joke. People being sensitive that I would ask the question made it a joke. I took Josh Allen’s own words and asked how people felt about it. Simple as that.

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Except that's not what Josh said at all, unless by "official practices" you mean "voluntary OTAs in April" (which are, you know, voluntary and not practices)

Josh said it clear as day. He use to throw 4 times a week and now it’s more about relaxing. He also said he comes back to Buffalo to get in shape. 

How much Allen does away from Buffalo in the offseason is up for debate. The fact is he says he does less now than before.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

The comparison is that he used to go work out in LA and was basically a full go year round. Now he is taking a lot more time off. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. The first few years he had much more to work on so had to put in the work to get better. He is much more in maintain mode now with less focus on working on things. But that is doing less.

Edited by ngbills

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How much Allen does away from Buffalo in the offseason is up for debate. The fact is he says he does less now than before.

This was what I took from Davis’ comment as well. Whatever throwing sessions they did was when they were back in Buffalo.

Your thread posed a legitimate question. It’s not calling Allen lazy or being slanderous towards him. People are taking it the wrong way.

It’s also debatable how much it would help Allen personally to do the things other QBs do. He knows best what’s good for him. This is a big season coming up. He needs to solve that KC problem in the playoffs and now would have to do with new receivers. Yeah I’d like to see him get together to Samuels for instance. There’s still plenty of time before OTAs so maybe they’d still do it. 

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

This was what I took from Davis’ comment as well. Whatever throwing sessions they did was when they were back in Buffalo.

Your thread posed a legitimate question. It’s not calling Allen lazy or being slanderous towards him. People are taking it the wrong way.

It’s also debatable how much it would help Allen personally to do the things other QBs do. He knows best what’s good for him. This is a big season coming up. He needs to solve that KC problem in the playoffs and now would have to do with new receivers. Yeah I’d like to see him get together to Samuels for instance. There’s still plenty of time before OTAs so maybe they’d still do it. 

Josh does his job against KC, the defense doesn't. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's weird that there's all this coverage of him with his movie star girlfriend who by nature of who she is always gets pictures taken of her whether she wants to or not, or him playing golf at televised events you know literally things with cameras or that YouTube personality whose whole point is to get noticed.....strange.

But CJ Stroud's offseason work is getting so much notice almost as if this is the first offseason he's had that isn't the rookie season run up, it's his first real offseason he has control of.

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No. Now why did you have to call me out at the end. The thread started out as a question during the offseason after Josh Allen himself said he doesn’t do as much as he use to.

The thread wasn’t a joke. People being sensitive that I would ask the question made it a joke. I took Josh Allen’s own words and asked how people felt about it. Simple as that.

Josh said it clear as day. He use to throw 4 times a week and now it’s more about relaxing. He also said he comes back to Buffalo to get in shape. 

This is just ridiculous, so many veteran players have said that a major part of the offseason is figuring when to ramp up things to transition into the season, it's not that confusing a concept. I mean even at the end of season press conference he said he felt his mechanics had gotten to real good place after recovering from his injury and that he wanted to maintain that. In his first 6 seasons in the NFL no one has more TDs than Josh what are expecting him to learn as a thrower to teleport the football? What do people want him to watch more film because there's never going to be any photoshoots on that.

Getting together with his WRs is nice but there always seems to be a limited number of times they do that and he's not likely to know who that all is until after the draft, wouldn't be surprised if we got 2 new faces

On 4/9/2024 at 12:19 PM, Beck Water said:

Exactly.  drop mic, end thread.

He may be goofing off 100% and not seeing after his physical condition and throwing motion or doing anything to improve his mental grasp of the game.

He may be doing exactly what he needs to do to ensure he shows up in the best mental and physical shape of his life and has improved his field vision and solidified his throwing motion 

He may be meeting up with our newer receivers like Kincaid and Shakir and Curtis Samuel. 

He may not be.

But a couple of social media posts of him golfing or of Diggs and of Mahomes working out, don't prove a damned thing one way or the other and there's only one word for anyone who thinks they do:

Credulous

End of the day none of this matters. The results will show on the field and you can't completely excuse lack of experience, talent etc... When you pay QB franchise money the expectations are is that he is going to make the other guys around him better. Brady just needs to have a running game that is passable where the entire offense is not on Allen to carry. I believe Allen will do enough to put up solid numbers.

45 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The comparison is that he used to go work out in LA and was basically a full go year round. Now he is taking a lot more time off. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. The first few years he had much more to work on so had to put in the work to get better. He is much more in maintain mode now with less focus on working on things. But that is doing less.

This.

Professional athletes need to take care of their conditioning which includes rest.

During the season Allen scrambles and takes on more tackles than most QBs who may be more slippery and less likely to "lower the horns" and many fans love that about him, but the way he plays demands both conditioning and recovery.

You have to trust he has a good handle on both and I would not approach it from a punitive mindset because we have not gotten to the show.... Yet.

I would not lay much of our post-season failures at Allen's feet.

26 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Josh does his job against KC, the defense doesn't. 

While the defense didn’t put up much of a fight against their offense Allen did get the ball last with a chance to win. Yes he did his job but I bet he wish he could’ve driven the team to a touchdown with little time left to ensure a win. I’m sure he’ll do better next time that opportunity presents itself. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

While the defense didn’t put up much of a fight against their offense Allen did get the ball last with a chance to win. Yes he did his job but I bet he wish he could’ve driven the team to a touchdown with little time left to ensure a win. I’m sure he’ll do better next time that opportunity presents itself. 

I can't fathom why you would post this drivel? You think Allen would rather have had the TD then the easy FG try?  Wow, high level football insight there.

46 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I can't fathom why you would post this drivel? You think Allen would rather have had the TD then the easy FG try?  Wow, high level football insight there.

What are you going on about? I think you may have misread?

• 3 weeks later...