Sanders doesnt like the idea of warm weather players going to cold weather teams

Einstein

44 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not that I want Sanders kid on the team, but his words do tend to have a lot of influence on college players in general.

"I don’t want my kid [Shedeur] going nowhere cold next year. He grew up in Texas. He played in Jackson, played in Colorado. Season’s over before it gets cold in Colorado. I’m just thinking way ahead. I don’t want that for him.”

“Let me tell you something that I have a problem with,” Deion told Russo. “And this kid can flat out play, I think he’s the best one on the board this year for sure. A kid that’s coming from California for the last couple years, right? And went to Oklahoma. That’s not terribly cold. Chicago’s cold, man. You gotta think about that kind of stuff when you’re taking a young man. Like see, when you take a guy from Ohio State and you bring him to Chicago, OK, I could understand that. But from California to Chicago? Not only that, they added what? One or two more games in the NFL. Seventeen games. Come on, man. You gotta factor in that stuff. That stuff matters."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/deion-sanders-doesnt-want-shedeur-playing-in-the-cold-at-the-nfl-level

Boo Frickety hoo. So you may have to collect your millions playing in the cold. Christ, he always was soft. 

Shadeur "Tua" Sanders

Apparently he wants his son to faceplant when the weather turns and he inevitably has to play postseason games in:

Green Bay, Philadelphia or Buffalo, Kansas City, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New Jersey etc..  Better hope he gets drafted by an NFC team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Deion is a complete Buffoon.  Like he invented the theory of warm weather players not performing in cold weather.  This has been a topic for many many years and there are tons of players that have debunked this theory.  Last I checked just off the top of my head, Allen, Rodgers and Brady are from Cali and played in cold weather cities.  Plus Colorado is cold before football season ends.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is the number 1 reason I wanted a dome. The players. These are just different players today and it’s going to get worse. They soft.

I don’t remember hearing any (current) players voice any concerns over playing in cold weather environments.  

He might have a point about a rookie's first season with a cold weather team, it may take a bit of adjusting, but it's not like they'll never get used to playing in cold weather. That's just ridiculous. 

I'm sure it plays a role, but I don't think it is determined only by where they are from or how exposed they have been to playing in the cold.

There are tons of guys from warm weather areas that have shown they can play at a high level in the cold. Some can't.

This has to be one of the last things I would consider when evaluating a prospect, though. There are so many things that are so much more important than this. Unless the player is making comments about it, then you might want to stay away because it shows they are conceited and weak. The message you want to hear is, "I'll play anywhere. Cold, hot, rain, snow, whatever." If they are whining about the cold as draft prospects, that's a character concern.

Deions worried about losing more toes. It's understandable.

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

He might have a point about a rookie's first season with a cold weather team, it may take a bit of adjusting, but it's not like they'll never get used to playing in cold weather. That's just ridiculous. 

Wasn't it Roscoe Parrish who was afraid of snow the first time he saw it?

51 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ah, so he’s a wimp? Got it. 

Deion didn’t hit anyone when it was warm out. He must shudder at the thought of a cold weather collision. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s not the end all be all but it’s a consideration.  

a guy that’s elite at preparation and honing his craft will be fine though if he has the arm strength, hand size etc…. And if he’s missing any of that it’s a concern in January games regardless of where home is.