Bills sign Mack Hollins

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Could you imagine...Williams, WR from #28, Diggs, Shakir and Kincaid?

Nice pipe dream because beane doesn't spend big money to give his all world QB weapons.

Don’t forget to add in Hollins in there. Dude is gonna be a beast at keeping the bench warm. Oh wait, forgot, McD loves to get WRs out there to block and not catch balls, so he’ll probably get more playing time than Diggs 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Don’t forget to add in Hollins in there. Dude is gonna be a beast at keeping the bench warm. Oh wait, forgot, McD loves to get WRs out there to block and not catch balls, so he’ll probably get more playing time than Diggs 

Help me with this. Then why not get the beast of a FB from FSU in the draft and us had signed Henry at RB and just pound the damn ball?

McDermott can't figure out wth he wants.

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Nice pipe dream because beane doesn't spend big money to give his all world QB weapons.

What money?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Thank you.  Sign ONE 10-12 mill WR that has done something, draft Diggs replacement at 28 ( or better yet,move up) then fill in with 5th and 6th round picks that don't cost 2 mill per.

I am sick of the bestdamn QB in the NFL being given ****.  Load up the damn offense and outscore teams.

Thats a lot to invest at WR when theres 1 ball. 

Assuming Diggs targets go down from 160 to say... 125.  Thats 35.

Davis had 81.  Now we're up to 116.

Sherfield/Harty had 43.  So 159 targets total.

Knox had 36 targets- i feel like that number is low.  But we'll say its static.  

Cook had 54 targets.  CEH had 55 catches across 15 games at LSU when brady was playcaller.  I'd expect this to go up.  Lets say.. 75.  That makes 138.

Kincaid had 91 targets.  I'd expect that number to go up.  Lets use laportas 120.  Thats down to 119 targets.  

Shakir had 45 targets.  Lets go low end and say... 80?  Thats 35 more.

That would leave 84 targets across a 10M WR and a rookie.  Obviously injuries happen... and there's potential for more.  

17 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Realistically the #2 receiver in terms of production will be Kincaid. It would be great if the rookie is #3. But that could very well be Shakir.

Then there's Cook and Knox. So that's a top 6 pass catchers being Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir, Rookie 1, Cook, Knox. 

Kincaid should have close to 100 catches and 1000 yards this year... Imo, they need to find a way to get Kincaid, Diggs and Shakir on the field at the same time frequently. And that might mean a focus on tight formations. 

The need for a #2 is less about catching the balls that currently go to Kincaid, Shakir, Cook, etc., and more about having a dangerous enough weapon opposite Diggs to prevent defenses from focusing so heavily on him.

If a #2 receiver reduces the production of Kincaid and Shakir, I don’t care as long as it INCREASES the production of Diggs. I I’m not saying I need 1,700 yards from Diggs — I’m saying I need a set of weapons so stacked that somebody on the defense is seriously compromised. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

If we didn’t waste $2m on like 8 different useless players we might have enough money to sign someone like MW. 

Pass on Williams. He is a slightly better Gabe Davis but the gap between them is not much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

From what I heard on the radio the reason they didn't want to rework Josh's contract more is the hope is go get to a point where they don't have to restructure a lot of contracts for cap reasons. 

Too late. Beane blew his load on Von. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

If we didn’t waste $2m on like 8 different useless players we might have enough money to sign someone like MW. 

Enough already wendy!!! My god.. you sound like a baby tool.

We need bodies at the WR position - we lost Hines, Harty, Davis and Sherfield. We need depth and low $ guys like this signing. Hollins is actually an OK receiver for this role. Special Teams too which we need help with.

I know how you feel - I wish we could just go out and sign Mike Williams or Tee Higgins trade. But we aren't in that position this year. Get with it.

And please enlighten all of us with the "useless $2 million signings" you speak of. Do you mean the Daquan, A.J and Dawkins signings?!? As in, spots we need??

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Help me with this. Then why not get the beast of a FB from FSU in the draft and us had signed Henry at RB and just pound the damn ball?

McDermott can't figure out wth he wants.

Because he’s an idiot. He has no offensive identity. We haven’t had one since Daboll left 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I would rather have a player out of the draft who could come in on a rookie salary, be 23 or 24 years old, have size and be proven to catch balls out of college,  and be a possible dual purpose player WR & ST,  with a lot upside potential,  then sign some 30yr old has-been making $3 Mil a year.  Once again McD and Beane having a brain fart like they always do at this time of year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Enough already wendy!!! My god.. you sound like a baby tool.

We need bodies at the WR position - we lost Hines, Harty, Davis and Sherfield. We need depth and low $ guys like this signing. Hollins is actually an OK receiver for this role. Special Teams too which we need help with.

I know how you feel - I wish we could just go out and sign Mike Williams or Tee Higgins trade. But we aren't in that position this year. Get with it.

And please enlighten all of us with the "useless $2 million signings" you speak of. Do you mean the Daquan, A.J and Dawkins signings?!? As in, spots we need??

I’m actually not interested in MW. Or trading for Higgins. But the availability would we nice. But we have none because we waste money and roster spots on guys that don’t do anything well. 

There’s no real list of players right now that are vet min vs rookie min. We let go of most of them from last year. But that doesn’t mean Beane won’t make the same mistakes this year. 

and yes, I believe Jones and his 32 year old injury riddled chest will not live up to his contract. And I don’t think AJ Epenessa and his disappearing act will ever live up to his contract. Neither should have been resigned. We were good enough with them, we weren’t good enough when they were missing or hurt and had to replace them with other jags. But somehow Beane thought it was best to resign them and prove that he is the definition on insanity by continuing to do the same things over and over and expect different result. 

itll all work out this time tho. Ugh. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

so no Curtis Samuel now, cmon lad, make up your mind

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Not to mention a 4 unit special teamer!

Misty morning, clouds in the sky
Without warning, a wizard walks by
Casting his shadow, weaving his spell
Long, grey cloak, tinkling bell

Never talking
Just keeps walking
Spreading his magic

Evil power disappears
Demons worry when the wizard is near
He turns tears into joy
Everyone's happy when the wizard walks by

Never talking
Just keeps walking
Spreading his magic

Sun is shining, clouds have gone by
All the people give a happy sigh
He has passed by, giving his sign
Left all the people feeling so fine

Never talking
Just keeps walking
Spreading his magic

Edited by Pete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Doesn't spend big money?  He spent a lot and traded for Diggs, paid him big money, then paid him big money again.  He traded up for Kincaid last year too.  

And Mike Williams?  What a terrible decision to bring him in would that be.  Thankfully Beane isn't foolish enough to pay a bunch of money to an overrated WR who disappears all the time and also gets hurt constantly.  

Literally the best WR draft of our lifetimes and people want to blow money we don't have on retread WR's, I just don't get the logic.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Doesn't spend big money?  He spent a lot and traded for Diggs, paid him big money, then paid him big money again.  He traded up for Kincaid last year too.  

And Mike Williams?  What a terrible decision to bring him in would that be.  Thankfully Beane isn't foolish enough to pay a bunch of money to an overrated WR who disappears all the time and also gets hurt constantly.  

Literally the best WR draft of our lifetimes and people want to blow money we don't have on retread WR's, I just don't get the logic.  

This time of year, there is no logic with some.  Depth makes some people angry.

• Agree 3

Do people even realize Mike Williams averages 44 rec for 686 yards over 7 seasons?  And that is with Phillip Rivers and Justin Herbert as his QB's.  Yet he was getting paid a monstrous contract lol.  

HARD PASS

8 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

so no Curtis Samuel now, cmon lad, make up your mind

Beats the hell outta the guy we just spent 2 mill on,and yes I still like Samuel.

Bonus points for calling me lad.  My Scottish heritage thanks you 😁

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

That's my problem right there. Both those guys were NOT good, and both saw time in the WR 3 role. It's not great. 

Typically, if a WR is someone you want starting in a WR3 role, he's either a talented rookie OR he's getting WR3 money (and snaps) from your team or someone else.  It would be great to have last year's rookies step up and "get it" and contribute and chase Hollins off the team, but I don't understand why it's a problem to sign a guy who has managed to show he can put up lower-end #2 receptions and yards when given #2 reps and targets, and who has shown he can play ST in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best draft WR wise and odds are we are stuck with the 6th best of the lot.  And you refer to Diggs, 1WR who has seemingly lost a lot.

I'm not going to argue any longer,you all won't get it.  

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This time of year, there is no logic with some.  Depth makes some people angry.

This guy is not depth signing it was an overreaction signing to fill a position, he is washed up WR,  He is a waste of $3 Mil that could have been spent on a kid coming out of the draft.

While we are on this depth topic.  We sign more casted off NFL players from other teams and always overpay for what we get in return.

This is the Hallmark of Beane and McD's tenure for the last 7 years.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

This guy is not depth signing it was an overreaction signing to fill a position, he is washed up WR,  He is a waste of $3 Mil that could have been spent on a kid coming out of the draft.

While we are on this depth topic.  We sign more casted off NFL players from other teams and always overpay for what we get in return.

“up to “ $3m

Actual likely  amount - $1.5m

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Best draft WR wise and odds are we are stuck with the 6th best of the lot.  And you refer to Diggs, 1WR who has seemingly lost a lot.

Remember when you included Shakir up above talking about a pipe dream….22nd WR taken.

40 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

The need for a #2 is less about catching the balls that currently go to Kincaid, Shakir, Cook, etc., and more about having a dangerous enough weapon opposite Diggs to prevent defenses from focusing so heavily on him.

If a #2 receiver reduces the production of Kincaid and Shakir, I don’t care as long as it INCREASES the production of Diggs. I I’m not saying I need 1,700 yards from Diggs — I’m saying I need a set of weapons so stacked that somebody on the defense is seriously compromised. 

When teams doubled Diggs it was often out of a two high look with the Safety to Diggs side of the field. Kincaid and Shakir working deep over the middle of the field will do more to get Diggs one vs one than a wr on the opposite side of the field... 

I have high hopes for drafting a wr early that can turn into a future 1a receiver. I think we have a future 1b right now in Kincaid, and I hopeful he can close to that potential this year or next. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Your philosophy on building a team seems to be that a team should spend a lot of money on a handful of "impact players," and let the rest of the team be minimum-salary *****. So, you can count me as one of those that "doesn't get it." In my opinion, depth matters.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

First, its not a base of $3 million.

Second, we don’t sign more castoffs than anyone else.  ESPN literally had a the graph of 2022 where we had the most draft picks playing than any other team.  Literally #1.

McDermott must really be a good coach if he take take a team to the playoffs if we have the most castoff filled roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The 6th best WR this year would have been the top 1 or 2 in any other draft.  You guys need to stop thinking in a vaccum and focus more on what is there.  Thomas would be the top WR in most of the drafts the last 15 years, yet he is seen as 4th in this one.  

Plus, Worthy is likely going to go before our pick, who is probably more like 8th or 9th best WR in this draft has a good chance to go early because his speed is elite even though he isn't probably a true WR1 in the NFL like some of the other first round guys pushing one of them closer to us.  

And...most importantly...most of the top 10 and top 20 WR's in the NFL did not get drafted in the first round.  So this obsession that only one of the first few WR's are the only way to find a WR1 is an incorrect way of looking at it.  

PS:  Mike Williams averages less than 700 yards for his career catching passes from Rivers and Herbert.  We can find a rookie who can eclipse that easy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

The best WR drafted last year was a 5th rounder.

2022 - Wilson Olave London Dotson in first.  Pickens and Doubs go in the 2nd and 4th.  

2021 - Pitts Chase Waddle go 4/5/6 - and St. Brown is drafted in the 4th.  

Its not like that every year - but there are great players picked outside the first round.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Keep hearing that. and then see moves like this and it makes me think they draft 1 guy in rd 3 or 4 and call it a day. Sad but I fear may be true 

Now you are being completely ridiculous. Moves like this make it even more likely we are drafting WR round 1.

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

When teams doubled Diggs it was often out of a two high look with the Safety to Diggs side of the field. Kincaid and Shakir working deep over the middle of the field will do more to get Diggs one vs one than a wr on the opposite side of the field... 

I have high hopes for drafting a wr early that can turn into a future 1a receiver. I think we have a future 1b right now in Kincaid, and I hopeful he can close to that potential this year or next. 

Agree with these points. Although I’ll add that I don’t want my #2 WR receiver to be purely a straight-line-speed/go routes guy. I want him to be a separator. With hands, ideally. Someone who can run a full route tree…maybe even some of those deep middle routes you mentioned. A unicorn, I know, but it got to where Gave was only useful on a deep go. Splashy? Sure. But give me a guy who requires a DB to make decisions. Ideally, poor decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

I haven’t seen the money but I like him if he’s around 2M-  good special teamer, has size.  Can make plays downfield.  He’s not great but he’s good competition for WR5-6 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t seen the money but I like him if he’s around 2M-  good special teamer, has size.  Can make plays downfield.  He’s not great but he’s good competition for WR5-6 

Yup, basically this years Trent Sherfield. Hopefully he translates to the offense better. He made some great catches in the video above. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

6th best is simply your guess...it doesn't mean 5 will go before we pick, and it certainly doesn't mean the ones drated ahead will be better picks. And also...in a deep class, the sixth player drafted at his position might be a really good player.

You're being a Debbie Downer when there are plenty of reasons to be positive and excited.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3