What separates the Chiefs from every other team…

Bills Bud

17 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

I just gave you examples Brady, Jordan, Mahomes, even Tiger Woods would slam his clubs and cuss. Give me an example of a GOAT otherwise 

Jeter, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Drew Brees, LeBron, Joe Montana, Ray Lewis, Wayne Gretzky, Messi….whole lot of great players and champions who didn’t need to cuss out their teammates in a public spectacle on the sidelines 

40 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Why do we somehow crush a Bengal team we have never beat after 13 seconds? 

Because Allen was breaking every playoff record known to man, and was looking absolutely unstoppable, along with the rest of the team

Edited by BuffaloBaumer
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Tell me - what happened to his final throw in regulation time yesterday?

Mahomes threw a quick fade to the corner of the end zone. On 2nd down he had 6 seconds left and they decided to kick vs risk another throw. He took KC the length of the field and set up a chip shot under 30 yards. 

Tell me - what was so superb about him yesterday that mean the only TD he managed in regulation time was assisted by a punted ball hitting a Niners heel?

He had the game tying and game winning  back to back drives in the Super Bowl.

He ran out of time on the final drive. Settled for a FG inside 30 yard line. Then followed it up with a TD in OT for the win. The Bills stalled out on 4th down with plenty of time remaining and set up a 44 yard FG. How is this same? 

How many game winners does Allen have in the playoffs? Before you get tempted to reference 13 seconds, make sure you check out the 2018 AFC championship game Mahomes played in. Nobody ever talks about that game because it's not his defining moment. It's become secondary to his 3 Super Bowls all won after being down 10 points (again something we have never done).

Josh is Manning. Mahomes is Brady. Nobody ever said Manning was bad and most agreed he was way more talented than Brady ever was, still, nobody besides Colts fans ever said he was as good as Brady. Our fan base can keep talking about, imagine if Mahomes was on Buffalo, imagine if Josh had Reid, imagine if we had an offensive line. Nobody cares. People care about what actually happens. If it was a game about imagining Dan Marino would be the greatest QB of all time.  

Mahomes missed a free man who could have run it in and scored a touchdown with no time for the Niners to respond in regulation yesterday. Exactly what Josh has been hauled over the coals about over the past three weeks, and in the OP's comment as well. It resulted in a FG attempt, just like three weeks ago. If Butker had missed or had the kick blocked the Niners would have won.

And then he had to rely on his defense keeping the Niners offense away from scoring a touchdown. If they had succeeded, then he would have had to score a touchdown just to tie it up, and then the Niners (I think, not 100% sure of the current rules) would have only needed a FG to win.

Mahomes is a great QB. The number one. I do get defensive because sometimes I feel people even on here seem inclined to run down Josh to build Mahomes up even more. Chiefs fans doing that, I completely understand but Bills fans? So maybe I get slightly defensive. For all his greatness, he did very little to win the SB for the Chiefs yesterday. But the plaudits will continue because, as you say, that's how it works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Jeter, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Drew Brees, LeBron, Joe Montana, Ray Lewis, Wayne Gretzky, Messi….whole lot of great players and champions who didn’t need to cuss out their teammates in a public spectacle on the sidelines 

All those guys were tough on their teammates though, Ray Lewis and LeBron yelled at their teammates 

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Because Allen was breaking every playoff record known to man, and was looking absolutely unstoppable, along with the rest of the team

I mean how often have we watched this team look like a world beater one game and just completely lose it the next? That was the best version of a team who has taken us to the wood shed both times we played them. I don't think our shell defense gets the job done. 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’ve seen Magic Johnson get into it with his teammates.  I’ve seen him get into a few fights with opposing players too.  Very rarely but it did happen.  Gretzky had his moments too.  But honestly.. it’s about execution.  If yelling helps the execution of a play, fine.  If not then it’s useless.

32 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I’ve seen Magic Johnson get into it with his teammates.  I’ve seen him get into a few fights with opposing players too.  Very rarely but it did happen.  Gretzky had his moments too.  But honestly.. it’s about execution.  If yelling helps the execution of a play, fine.  If not then it’s useless.

It’s definitely a balance but the best are tough on each other.  Especially in football 

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

It’s definitely a balance but the best are tough on each other.  Especially in football 

Right I’m not saying they never did it, but this whole lame “you need to be screaming at your teammates” thing to me is just stupid. Hold your teammates accountable, fire them up, but yelling just for the sake of yelling is dumb. We also don’t know what happens in meetings or on the practice field. But for some because they don’t see Josh yelling at his teammates on the sideline and embarrassing them that makes Josh a bad leader or doesn’t show heart or isn’t a competitor or whatever lame boring narrative they want to put out there. 

7 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Is the killer mentality. The same mentality the Patriots had. We all know Brady and Belichick yelled, got in players faces. I would like to see more of that, especially from Allen… cause I view McDermott as soft. I don’t think I ever seen Allen yell at an offensive lineman or WR. Allen is just as talented as Mahomes, but doesn’t have the killer mentality…yet.

People are talking what happened with Kelce and Reid, which didn’t bother me at all. Let’s not forget Reid bumped Kelce a little while back. It’s football it’s a man’s game. I think the yelling and getting in players faces is a balance, and should mainly come from the QB and coach as they are the leaders of the team. Mahomes really gave it to Rashed Rice on the sidelines during the Super Bowl too.

Maybe in today’s soft society that is frowned upon… but if you want rings you got to have it and obviously important only to keep that on the field. Every great has had that mentality. If you didn’t see the Last Dance about Jordan, give it a watch. He was brutal on a lot of his teammates. Count the rings though, cause that’s what it all comes down to in sport.

Ill say the Refs.. Many holds in that superbowl especially on the Mahomes run.. 

6 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Mahomes missed a free man who could have run it in and scored a touchdown with no time for the Niners to respond in regulation yesterday. Exactly what Josh has been hauled over the coals about over the past three weeks, and in the OP's comment as well. It resulted in a FG attempt, just like three weeks ago. If Butker had missed or had the kick blocked the Niners would have won.

And then he had to rely on his defense keeping the Niners offense away from scoring a touchdown. If they had succeeded, then he would have had to score a touchdown just to tie it up, and then the Niners (I think, not 100% sure of the current rules) would have only needed a FG to win.

Mahomes is a great QB. The number one. I do get defensive because sometimes I feel people even on here seem inclined to run down Josh to build Mahomes up even more. Chiefs fans doing that, I completely understand but Bills fans? So maybe I get slightly defensive. For all his greatness, he did very little to win the SB for the Chiefs yesterday. But the plaudits will continue because, as you say, that's how it works.

Going 8 for 8 plus a couple of scrambles on a must have it drive to win the Superbowl is not ‘did very little’ to me. It’s actually clutch.

If Allen was able to do that on the Bills’ must have it drive in the divisional it might have been them in the big game. 

9 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Tell me - what happened to his final throw in regulation time yesterday?

There were 10 secs left. If you look at the replay the safety was looking at Rice before Mahomes threw the ball to Kelce. He didn’t want to risk a throw to the middle where Rice might get strip like Flowers did in the Championship game or Hardman in against the Bills. That was a prudent play to protect the fg and play on. That kind of awareness is what I hope Allen would be better at. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

There were 10 secs left. If you look at the replay the safety was looking at Rice before Mahomes threw the ball to Kelce. He didn’t want to risk a throw to the middle where Rice might get strip like Flowers did in the Championship game or Hardman in against the Bills. That was a prudent play to protect the fg and play on. That kind of awareness is what I hope Allen would be better at. 

Prudent play? He threw the ball to Kelce who was covered even more than Rice. Earlier, he threw a stupid ball which should have been intercepted and it was only fortune going his way it wasn't. The only TD he managed in regulation time was when the offense started in (or practically in) the red zone due to a lucky heel clip.

He's human. He's never going to be perfect. But he seems to be given carte blanche even on here for mistakes which Josh isn't. Perhaps that's what rings do for QBs.

14 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Looking around, the Ravens board has a similar number. Lions board has a bunch. They're all similar in topics too. I think it's just the engaged fan-bases of the other SB contenders more than anything else.

I get it but for all the merged threads and such maybe we can have just one thread that talks about how awesome KC is and how the Bills don't match up, what the Bills need to do, why LC win all the time and so on. Too much KC everywhere, but I get why. 

18 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I mean what else is there to talk about right now given the circumstances?

Denial has turned into acceptance and it's a ***** reality quite frankly knowing that even if the Bills make a coaching change in the next few years it still might not matter as we are now living in the Chiefs dynasty period that is really still near the beginning of another 10 year minimum run which is vomit inducing in itself.

An option would be a merged KC thread. Half  the stuff we're all saying in these thread would be met with snarky reactions and questions about our intelligence (mid season) but now it's ok. 
Your whole second paragraph, I fully agree with. We've always been able to

compete, but we're always going to be chasing them. They are so set up with youth and cap space. All we can do is "trust the process". I really hate that motto

18 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Feel free to start a thread about the Carolina Panthers if you’re that concerned. 

What?  Yeah, I don't come to a Bills message board to read a bunch of KC ball washing. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Prudent play? He threw the ball to Kelce who was covered even more than Rice. Earlier, he threw a stupid ball which should have been intercepted and it was only fortune going his way it wasn't. The only TD he managed in regulation time was when the offense started in (or practically in) the red zone due to a lucky heel clip.

He's human. He's never going to be perfect. But he seems to be given carte blanche even on here for mistakes which Josh isn't. Perhaps that's what rings do for QBs.

Of course he isn’t perfect. No one is. But since ‘fortune going his way’ has led to 3 championships he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt like you said. Allen’s mistakes will be scrutinized more because they have prevented him and the Bills from winning it all. Allen can change all that by winning it all. Hopefully sooner than later. 

8 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Prudent play? He threw the ball to Kelce who was covered even more than Rice.

He threw it where only Kelce could catch it. Very similar to the Kelce TD in the Championship game against Baltimore. Low risk high reward throw. The fg was in the bag  no need to jeopardize that by throwing it over the middle. 

• Agree 1

Where did all these antisocial trolls come from in the last 48 hours? 

Addressing the merits of the OP - What separates the Chiefs from the rest? Mahomes, Kelce, Chris Jones, and most of all, Andy Reid scheming guys wide open all over the field.  "Killer attitude" didn't get Mecole Hardman wide open by his lonesome for an easy pitch and catch.

20 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

And I have the same amount of Super Bowl rings as McDermott and Beane

Not trying to be. Just keep it real.

Yikes!! That could backfire…(NSFW!)

20 hours ago, Bills Bud said:
Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, teef said:

you seem like a pretty tough dude.

Nahh, he fits the profile of a conscientious objector to the T.  Total coward.  The real tough guys took a principled stand and boycotted the game entirely .

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Of course he isn’t perfect. No one is. But since ‘fortune going his way’ has led to 3 championships he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt like you said. Allen’s mistakes will be scrutinized more because they have prevented him and the Bills from winning it all. Allen can change all that by winning it all. Hopefully sooner than later. 

He threw it where only Kelce could catch it. Very similar to the Kelce TD in the Championship game against Baltimore. Low risk high reward throw. The fg was in the bag  no need to jeopardize that by throwing it over the middle. 

So the answer to what the Bills need to do is put even more on Josh? Don't try and improve the receivers? Don't try and tighten up the defense? Just pile more on the QB. Even though the most recent KC win shows victory goes deeper than one person.

The Chiefs do do some things that help them win, particularly in close, tense games.  But yelling at each other is not part of the winning formula.

What IS in the formula is applying pressure in key points at key locations, to get a critical edge when it matters.  Against the Bills AND the 49ers, Chris Jones was freed up to attack Allen and Purdy at a critical point near the end of the game. Both times he prevented the QB from hitting an open receiver and probably winning the game.  The Chiefs also put pressure on defenses through their attacking style, and that paralyzes the defenses from being able to attack the Chiefs' offense.  

It always turns into a lions vs gazelles situation, where the Chiefs' opponents always feel like they're going to get eaten, any moment now, and then it happens.  The way to beat the Chiefs is to avoid getting into a tight game where a key play here or there makes the difference.  The Bills and the 49ers both had chances to take big leads in the first half, but the Chiefs play an elastic game where even when their offense isn't doing much early in the game, and the other team is dominating, you look up at the scoreboard at the end of the half and you're only up by a few points.  At that point, the lions are coming out, and all the gazelles know it.

is Andy Reid

the temporarily uncrowned GOAT HC

But what did he do BEFORE he had Mahomes?! 

Top 10 on the all-time HC wins list, all-time winningest HC of the Eagles, took them to a Super Bowl and multiple NFC Title games, went to KC, won a bunch of games with Alex Smith and went to the playoffs regularly.

All before Mahomes played a down. 

Now let's do Belichick without Brady! 

Yes, BB has the rings advantage and more total wins. For now. He's done. Reid isn't. 

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

So the answer to what the Bills need to do is put even more on Josh? Don't try and improve the receivers? Don't try and tighten up the defense? Just pile more on the QB. Even though the most recent KC win shows victory goes deeper than one person.

Whoa buddy. Let’s lower that defensive meter. lol. When did I say any of that? Of course the Bills need to improve their roster to help out Allen. It’s a team game. Asking that Allen could improve on game awareness and decision making is not too much. That’s what separates the best of the best QBs and he is among the best. 

20 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lotsa ( not so) closet Chiefs fans on this board. It’s gotten out of control now. 

The KC ball washing is getting too over-powering in here.

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Right I’m not saying they never did it, but this whole lame “you need to be screaming at your teammates” thing to me is just stupid. Hold your teammates accountable, fire them up, but yelling just for the sake of yelling is dumb. We also don’t know what happens in meetings or on the practice field. But for some because they don’t see Josh yelling at his teammates on the sideline and embarrassing them that makes Josh a bad leader or doesn’t show heart or isn’t a competitor or whatever lame boring narrative they want to put out there. 

I would rather see a leader pacing the sidelines or talking with guys, then sitting on the bench by themselves with a glazed look in their eyes.

Bah. 

This season, the Chiefs were masters at taking advantage of mistakes made by their opponent. They weren't some invincible juggernaut. They are a beatable team. But you cannot make mistakes against them. Turn it over and give them extra chances and they're going to turn it into points. 

That's the one thing I noticed during their playoff run this season. Every team made costly mistakes against them and while they made some of their own, they were able to overcome. 

Can't turn it over, can't have drive killing penalties, can't miss on scoring opportunities. 

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The KC ball washing is getting too over-powering in here.

The team has been to 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls and was a whisker away from being in 5 straight.  How should they be perceived?    

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

The team has been to 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls and was a whisker away from being in 5 straight.  How should they be perceived?    

They have earned it. They have a dynasty thing going now. I am hoping Harbaugh can now give them some serious competition within the division. Force KC to go the WC route and play on the road in the playoffs. Even though they won at Buffalo and Baltimore, teams would still have a better chance upsetting them in the playoffs if they can avoid Arrowhead.

It's not just 1 thing it's quite a few things, Stability at the coaching positions, Experience there too, Mahomes, Kelsey, & their years together, great D coordinator, HC & offensive mind, & some really good to great players on either side of the ball . 

There is no I in team it takes maybe not every player on the field but it takes most all of them .

What separates them? 

confidence in their offensive schemes and the guys that execute in the clutch better than everyone else, that’s what separates them,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.