What separates the Chiefs from every other team…

Bills Bud

Is the killer mentality. The same mentality the Patriots had. We all know Brady and Belichick yelled, got in players faces. I would like to see more of that, especially from Allen… cause I view McDermott as soft. I don’t think I ever seen Allen yell at an offensive lineman or WR. Allen is just as talented as Mahomes, but doesn’t have the killer mentality…yet.

People are talking what happened with Kelce and Reid, which didn’t bother me at all. Let’s not forget Reid bumped Kelce a little while back. It’s football it’s a man’s game. I think the yelling and getting in players faces is a balance, and should mainly come from the QB and coach as they are the leaders of the team. Mahomes really gave it to Rashed Rice on the sidelines during the Super Bowl too.

Maybe in today’s soft society that is frowned upon… but if you want rings you got to have it and obviously important only to keep that on the field. Every great has had that mentality. If you didn’t see the Last Dance about Jordan, give it a watch. He was brutal on a lot of his teammates. Count the rings though, cause that’s what it all comes down to in sport.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills beat the Bills the last two times they met in the post season. The Chiefs didn't beat the Bills.

If the Bills weren't so Billsy, they would have two SB's right now.

The Bills have NO ONE to blame but themselves, the Chiefs don't beat themselves. That's the biggest hurdle the Bills have. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea cos I don't use phrases like "it's a man's game".

Grow up.

It is a man’s game, men play it. You will be here 50 years from now putting your energy and time into a team that never wins the Super Bowl. Unless they get that killer mentality.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bills Bud said:

It is a man’s game, men play it. You will be here 50 years from now putting your energy and time into a team that never wins the Super Bowl. Unless they get that killer mentality.

you seem like a pretty tough dude.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

And you're not a general manager 

And I have the same amount of Super Bowl rings as McDermott and Beane

2 minutes ago, teef said:

you seem like a pretty tough dude.

Not trying to be. Just keep it real.

2 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

I doubt I'll be here in 50 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Is the killer mentality. The same mentality the Patriots had. We all know Brady and Belichick yelled, got in players faces. I would like to see more of that, especially from Allen… cause I view McDermott as soft. I don’t think I ever seen Allen yell at an offensive lineman or WR. Allen is just as talented as Mahomes, but doesn’t have the killer mentality…yet.

I strongly disagree with the bold words above. Physically, JA certainly is equal to, or maybe even a bit above, Mahomes. But mentally (the mental part of the game such as reading defenses and making the correct decisions with ball placement….some people call these skills the intangibles), he is definitely NOT as talented as Mahomes. JA’s play on the field this past year absolutely proves the latter. Some would say that he has actually regressed in the last couple years. If he was just as talented as Mahomes, 3 weeks ago in the KC game, he would have led the team to a game leading TD on that final drive….but he didn’t. Mahomes pretty much always gets the game winning points, at the end. His playoff record speaks for itself.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I strongly disagree with the bold words above. Physically, JA certainly is equal to, or maybe even a bit above, Mahomes. But mentally (the mental part of the game such as reading defenses and making the correct decisions with ball placement….some people call these skills the intangibles), he is definitely NOT as talented as Mahomes. JA’s play on the field this past year absolutely proves the latter. Some would say that he has actually regressed in the last couple years. If he was just as talented as Mahomes, 3 weeks ago in the KC game, he would have led the team to a game leading TD on that final drive….but he didn’t. Mahomes pretty much always gets the game winning points, at the end. His playoff record speaks for itself.

Tell me - what happened to his final throw in regulation time yesterday?

Tell me - what was so superb about him yesterday that mean the only TD he managed in regulation time was assisted by a punted ball hitting a Niners heel?

I do agree with you in that I think Mahomes is slightly ahead of Josh when it comes to the mental side of the game. But Mahomes has proven his drives can end up in exactly the same way as the Bills final offensive drive did three weeks ago and, as I said yesterday, it happened just yesterday.

43 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

People are talking what happened with Kelce and Reid, which didn’t bother me at all. Let’s not forget Reid bumped Kelce a little while back. It’s football it’s a man’s game. I think the yelling and getting in players faces is a balance, and should mainly come from the QB and coach as they are the leaders of the team. Mahomes really gave it to Rashed Rice on the sidelines during the Super Bowl too.

Maybe in today’s soft society that is frowned upon… but if you want rings you got to have it and obviously important only to keep that on the field. Every great has had that mentality. If you didn’t see the Last Dance about Jordan, give it a watch. He was brutal on a lot of his teammates. Count the rings though, cause that’s what it all comes down to in sport.

Excellent post and one of many things that separates the truly elite players in the NFL (and pro sports in general). It's kill or be killed in a real mans world.

This why I keep talking about finding a true 'war time' head coach to replace McDivisional. I think with Allen he has this ability but it probably gets lost in the shuffle and it has to be very frustrating knowing that if another player or two besides him can ever show up in the playoffs, he actually might win a playoff game against Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I know they just won the Super Bowl, but Dayum, how many KC topics can a Buffalo Bills Message Board handle without needing a name change to two chiefs drive?

Looking around, the Ravens board has a similar number. Lions board has a bunch. They're all similar in topics too. I think it's just the engaged fan-bases of the other SB contenders more than anything else.

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I know they just won the Super Bowl, but Dayum, how many KC topics can a Buffalo Bills Message Board handle without needing a name change to two chiefs drive?

Feel free to start a thread about the Carolina Panthers if you’re that concerned. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I mean what else is there to talk about right now given the circumstances?

Denial has turned into acceptance and it's a ***** reality quite frankly knowing that even if the Bills make a coaching change in the next few years it still might not matter as we are now living in the Chiefs dynasty period that is really still near the beginning of another 10 year minimum run which is vomit inducing in itself.

43 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Tell me - what was so superb about him yesterday that mean the only TD he managed in regulation time was assisted by a punted ball hitting a Niners heel?

I do agree with you in that I think Mahomes is slightly ahead of Josh when it comes to the mental side of the game. But Mahomes has proven his drives can end up in exactly the same way as the Bills final offensive drive did three weeks ago and, as I said yesterday, it happened just yesterday.

Mahomes threw a quick fade to the corner of the end zone. On 2nd down he had 6 seconds left and they decided to kick vs risk another throw. He took KC the length of the field and set up a chip shot under 30 yards. 

He had the game tying and game winning  back to back drives in the Super Bowl.

He ran out of time on the final drive. Settled for a FG inside 30 yard line. Then followed it up with a TD in OT for the win. The Bills stalled out on 4th down with plenty of time remaining and set up a 44 yard FG. How is this same? 

How many game winners does Allen have in the playoffs? Before you get tempted to reference 13 seconds, make sure you check out the 2018 AFC championship game Mahomes played in. Nobody ever talks about that game because it's not his defining moment. It's become secondary to his 3 Super Bowls all won after being down 10 points (again something we have never done).

Josh is Manning. Mahomes is Brady. Nobody ever said Manning was bad and most agreed he was way more talented than Brady ever was, still, nobody besides Colts fans ever said he was as good as Brady. Our fan base can keep talking about, imagine if Mahomes was on Buffalo, imagine if Josh had Reid, imagine if we had an offensive line. Nobody cares. People care about what actually happens. If it was a game about imagining Dan Marino would be the greatest QB of all time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Bobby Knight is RISEN!!!

2 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Here we go again with this crap - explain to me why you need a public display on the sidelines of Allen or McDermott embarrassing one of the other players.  It's such a old man get off my lawn statement.  Yelling at someone on the sidelines doesn't show killer instinct, leadership, drive, that he's hungrier than the other guys, that he's more competitive, etc whatever you want to say.  It just shows you can't control your emotions and need to react like a giant baby on the sidelines

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

13 seconds - we gave the game away = 1 Super Bowl

Half a second longer to hold the block on Chris Jones - Allen makes that throw all day = Another Super Bowl

Not much difference, which makes it all that much more painful

Why do we somehow crush a Bengal team we have never beat after 13 seconds? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I mean what else is there to talk about right now given the circumstances?

Denial has turned into acceptance and it's a ***** reality quite frankly knowing that even if the Bills make a coaching change in the next few years it still might not matter as we are now living in the Chiefs dynasty period that is really still near the beginning of another 10 year minimum run which is vomit inducing in itself.

Says the Miami fan. 

If I'm being honest, there is more truth to the OP's point than some may want to admit.

KC appears to be very tough mentally and still very hungry...probably moreso than the majority of players on this current Bills team.

I think Cincinnati also showed that when they came into Orchard Park with a makeshift Oline and still pushed us around. 

The Bills did seem to try and address it this season, and I think we are tougher, but maybe not so much mentally...and certainly not to the level of the KC's and Cincinnati's of the league 

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Here we go again with this crap - explain to me why you need a public display on the sidelines of Allen or McDermott embarrassing one of the other players.  It's such a old man get off my lawn statement.  Yelling at someone on the sidelines doesn't show killer instinct, leadership, drive, that he's hungrier than the other guys, that he's more competitive, etc whatever you want to say.  It just shows you can't control your emotions and need to react like a giant baby on the sidelines

I just gave you examples Brady, Jordan, Mahomes, even Tiger Woods would slam his clubs and cuss. Give me an example of a GOAT otherwise 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Lotsa ( not so) closet Chiefs fans on this board. It’s gotten out of control now. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.