Sneak peak of the Madden 2025 cover

Just Jack

I genuinely don't understand the energy or outcry at ~30 seconds of showing Taylor Swift in broadcast.

I don't listen to her music and I have no skin in the game here, but it is bizarre how worked up some folks are getting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

She made it to the Super Bowl in her first year in the NFL.  How many can say that? 

About 16 or 17 rookies on the 49ers and Chiefs rosters. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I genuinely don't understand the energy or outcry at ~30 seconds of showing Taylor Swift in broadcast.

I don't listen to her music and I have no skin in the game here, but it is bizarre how worked up some folks are getting. 

Most of us don't care one bit.  It's the loudmouths on social media and talking heads that make a big deal out of it.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Most of us don't care one bit.  It's the loudmouths on social media and talking heads that make a big deal out of it.  

I guess OP falls into the loud mouth category then under your assessment. You're probably right though, the average NFL fan doesn't care, but there's enough screeching for it to be a commentary. 

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I guess OP falls into the loud mouth category then under your assessment. You're probably right though, the average NFL fan doesn't care, but there's enough screeching for it to be a commentary. 

Nope I don't.  If anything, I'm glad for her.  She's had so many bad relationships with actors and musicians that maybe going for an athlete will be good for her.  I just saw a funny picture that I figured I'd share it.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 10

10 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd rather see her up in the box than the Kraft or Jones family when Dallas or NE are playing.  Well it's not terrible when Dallas is losing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Yeah, I mean she's the biggest superstar in the world. Of course she's going to be shown on camera from to time. It's crazy to me how worked up people get over it too. Like who cares? They show randos in the fans for about the same amount of time, if not more. I don't hear complaints about non-celebrity fans taking away from the game.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

we all have to be outraged about everything that isn’t solely for our own benefit 

it’s goofy but whatever. It’s like 97th on the list of nfl annoyances. 

• Like (+1) 3

People are just having fun with it. Nobody is seriously so bothered by it to care that much.

• Like (+1) 1

Be careful you don’t lose your balance when you’re typing.  It’s a long fall off that high horse you’re perched upon.

• Eyeroll 2

Because she teamed up with the two most annoying people on the football planet.  Mahomes's brother and his wife.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

People are just having fun with it. Nobody is seriously so bothered by it to care that much.

It's funny you say that!  As it turns out, I just might happen to have a bridge in PPP to sell you 😅

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't get it either...I was actually annoyed at first, but more so because of the commercials and the add placement... it's not something that's a big deal to me anymore personally, they show people's families in the stands all the time when something good happens, shoot they showed Giselle all the time and she was probably more popular than Taylor Swift and people didn't have this reaction.

The answer to your question is you're probably on a different algorithm from the one that is causing people to have that type of visceral reaction. There are people who say they view her as a political threat, but really I think they are just trying to capitalize on her popularity as well and use her popularity to amplify their message to a broader audience by driving increased engagement numbers...it's all a grift and it's just grifting to the next thing that can be used to amplify that grift by getting people all amped up about something else that they didn't care about last week and didn't realize they cared about today until they started getting blasted with it on the social media dopamine phone crack dispenser.

Edited by HardyBoy

I could totally see Kelce on the cover and Swift in the background somewhere. 

I could also see her likeness being incorporated into the game somehow. 

I don’t play video games, but I think it would be pretty cool. 

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Because she teamed up with the two most annoying people on the football planet.  Mahomes's brother and his wife.

Very true.  But she's kinda' forced to be involved with them during games.  I bet after Kelce retires (assuming they stay together),...she won't be spending any time with those clowns.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Random blond fan in a suite cut scene after every tight end catch.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Or maybe Reid is on the cover eating nuggies.

22 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Couple different things at play:

1. The crazy Qonspiracy Theorists on social media and PPP who have ideas that are completely detached from reality

2. More common, and as @section122 pointed out yesterday, they only cut to her right after Kelce/Chiefs score or make a big play. So fans of the other team associate her with their team losing or having something bad happen. With the in-game emotions most of us go through, I can understand that a bit. But I would hope after the game ends we go back to being rational, reasonable people who have no reason to hate anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

Very true.  But she's kinda' forced to be involved with them during games.  I bet after Kelce retires (assuming they stay together),...she won't be spending any time with those clowns.

Yeah.  I like Swift.  It’s just she teamed up with them so I have to see more shots of their annoying reactions.  It’s the equivalent of them showing Kraft over and over when the Pats won all those Super Bowls.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.