Senior Bowl updates

HappyDays

19 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Bummer. Was really enjoying watching Pearsall and Wilson this week.

Why would theses guys have left????

roman Wilson was looking like a little  Edelman out there.  I feel like that’s who Beane will target, even tho I don’t think that type of player is really a great fit to pair with Josh 

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Why would theses guys have left????

I feel like that’s who Beane will target, even tho I don’t think that type of player is really a great fit to pair with Josh 

Our WR needs are a largish Mike Evans/MVS type with 4.4 speed & great ball skills in close quarters, and a John Brown type who makes defenses respect Josh's arm.  Still wondering if Isabella, who has elite [4.31] speed, can ever become that John Brown/Don Beebe guy.  

27 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Our WR needs are a largish Mike Evans/MVS type with 4.4 speed & great ball skills in close quarters, and a John Brown type who makes defenses respect Josh's arm.  Still wondering if Isabella, who has elite [4.31] speed, can ever become that John Brown/Don Beebe guy.  

Hamler could too. Kid can fllllllllly. Injuries have derailed his career but he's very young still. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Hamler could too. Kid can fllllllllly. Injuries have derailed his career but he's very young still. 

I like the flyer but wouldnt rely on him.  He had juice but we will see what is left after his injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Hamler is undeniably fast, but he's never been good in terms of of the deep ball. In his NFL career, he's caught 6/21 deep targets. In college, he was a more respectable 17/42, but 40% is still not very good. Isabella was 34/84 in college, which is the exact same % as Hamler. Isabella is also entering his 6th season now and has shown almost literally nothing to this point in his career. These guys are both training camp fodder/should be replaced if we draft well IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No Legette is disappointing. He was apparently dealing with ankle soreness throughout the week and left Thursday practice early.

Makes sense if he's dealing with that, better for him to get better and try and crush it at the combine, than risk something that could throw the whole thing off.

Edited by Warcodered

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No Legette is disappointing. He was apparently dealing with ankle soreness throughout the week and left Thursday practice early.

Yea sucks not to see him. Guyton too. They are both guys I saw as likely in that borderline day 1 / day 2 space. 

No Mitchell is disappointing but think he is in a different category. He has probably already done enough to go in the first round.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Makes sense if he's dealing with that, better for him to get better and try and crush it at the combine, than risk something that could throw the whole thing off.

I expect him to do well at the combine, not sure if it will help his stock too much unless he does something crazy like run in the 4.2s. With some of the concerns out there on his game I thought the Senior Bowl would have been his best chance to make an impact. Instead he struggled the first day and couldn't finish. Bummer.

The good news on this from the Bills side of things is that he is very likely to be available at #28 if he's the player we're targeting.

35 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I am on Mitchell, over Legette.

Mitchell has great hands. He's not explosive, but I like him a lot.

The Mitchell that is talked about above, however, is the DB Quinyon Mitchell.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's Brugler's winners at each position from practices:

QB Spencer Rattler

RB Dylan Laube

WR Roman Wilson

TE Theo Johnson

OT Tyler Guyton

G Christian Haynes

C Jackson Powers-Johnson

EDGE Darius Robinson

DT T'Vondre Sweat

LB JD Bertrand

CB Quinyon Mitchell

S Tykee Smith

I know he has just thrown a stupid across his body pick.... but I would not be against the Bills spending a day 3 pick on Milton. There is a bit of poor man's Josh Allen in him. 

Give me that rather than another Jake Fromm physically limited, maxed out but a good kid. 

EDIT: when they replayed it I understand why he tried the throw.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know he has just thrown a stupid across his body pick.... but I would not be against the Bills spending a day 3 pick on Milton. There is a bit of poor man's Josh Allen in him. 

Give me that rather than another Jake Fromm physically limited, maxed out but a good kid. 

I think he’s about to be a Raven personally. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I expect him to do well at the combine, not sure if it will help his stock too much unless he does something crazy like run in the 4.2s. With some of the concerns out there on his game I thought the Senior Bowl would have been his best chance to make an impact. Instead he struggled the first day and couldn't finish. Bummer.

The good news on this from the Bills side of things is that he is very likely to be available at #28 if he's the player we're targeting.

I know Legette has long speed - you can see it on tape, but his size is going to make it hard to have instant acceleration.  I wouldn’t be too surprised if he runs a bit under 4.5 in the 40.  If he does that, it doesn’t negate the idea that he is fast.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could see Fiske being a 3rd round target for us. We need to load up on defensive line talent in this draft if for no other reason than to make sure we have enough bodies at the position...

He took over the ACC Championship game. Good football player. We will see how he tests bc I think the tweet is right that some teams will push him down their board due to his length. 

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know Legette has long speed - you can see it on tape, but his size is going to make it hard to have instant acceleration.  I wouldn’t be too surprised if he runs a bit under 4.5 in the 40.  If he does that, it doesn’t negate the idea that he is fast.

Legette's height has already been proven to be an exaggeration, he measured 6'1" at the senior bowl.

I’ll tell you a guy that I would love to grab later in the draft is Luke McCaffrey! That catch he made in the senior bowl game was awesome! Be good to have a guy to fill the slot roll if Shakir ever got hurt or heck 4 WR looks… And he’s a McCaffrey, so you know he’s going to give it his all every play

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

EDIT: when they replayed it I understand why he tried the throw.

Your thoughts on Spencer Rattler? I like him. Tough kid and seems smart with the football 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Your thoughts on Spencer Rattler? I like him. Tough kid and seems smart with the football 

I haven't really broken him down so not much. I think I am probably still guilty of thinking "this guy 1st overall, really?" from three years ago when he went into his last year Oklahoma as the presumptive #1 pick and lost his job. 

But I need to have a real dig into his film.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Don't forget to mention he didn't struggle on the second day.

https://www.si.com/college/southcarolina/football/xavier-legette-has-a-very-strong-day-at-reeses-senior-bowl

Edited by 34-78-83

19 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He used to be a hot mess of a prospect. Honestly thought he was complete trash that had a good arm but this last year and a half he really has gotten better. He’ll get drafted I’m sure but no way he’s above the top 5 guys (Williams, Maye, nix, Penix and Daniels)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tez Walker shoulda gona home too. Jeezus. He has cost himself some money this week.

Just watching the highlights of the game now .. did he make a catch all week ?

Im waiting with bated breath to see if you still got him in your second round come version 2…

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tez Walker shoulda gona home too. Jeezus. He has cost himself some money this week.

Yeah his performance was inexplicable.    Nothing like the player he was on tape, in-season in the ACC.    

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Hartman is terrible today.

He was pretty terrible considering the talent around him this season as well.   Joe Milton was awful as well.  Hartman just lacks talent.   Milton is just a terrible decision maker.   12 years of college experience between those 2. :doh: 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I could see Fiske being a 3rd round target for us. We need to load up on defensive line talent in this draft if for no other reason than to make sure we have enough bodies at the position...

Cover 1 guys loved him after one of the early practices …

He has had a good week … late third is probably where he is at …

He is a 3T though ,,, so he will be the rotational guy behind Oliver … 

Is that value for us to use  our third this year ? 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cover 1 guys loved him after one of the early practices …

He has had a good week … late third is probably where he is at …

He is a 3T though ,,, so he will be the rotational guy behind Oliver … 

Is that value for us to use  our third this year ? 

He’s my favorite player in this years draft from FSU. He is a penetrating 3 Tech who actually would fit McDermotts defense really well and then type of player McDermott would like. 

As for is he worth the 3rd round pick. Absolutely, we’ll be drafting end of round 3 and need depth behind Oliver. 3rd round guys should be rotational guys that can start down the line. Settle is gone and Phillips is probably gone so as of right now there is no backup 3 Tech 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

He’s my favorite player in this years draft from FSU. He is a penetrating 3 Tech who actually would fit McDermotts defense really well and then type of player McDermott would like. 

As for is he worth the 3rd round pick. Absolutely, we’ll be drafting end of round 3 and need depth behind Oliver. 3rd round guys should be rotational guys that can start down the line. Settle is gone and Phillips is probably gone so as of right now there is no backup 3 Tech 

That's nice and all, but for the love of god can we stabilize the 1 Tech spot.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.