Allen was legendary (even better than 13 seconds Allen)

Einstein

Allen was absolutely legendary tonight. Ran when he should have. Passed when he should have. Took the check down when he should have. He was darn near PERFECT.

67%, 258 total yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT.

And against a top 5 Chiefs defense that was mostly healthy, unlike our mash unit.

Had Diggs and Sherfield played the game with NFL receiver hands, Allen would have had close to 400 yards of offense by himself.

And I don’t want to hear jack squat about his throw to the endzone on 2nd and 9. Allen had two good options on that play;

1) Shakir open in the endzone.

2) Diggs open on the crosser.

He chose Shakir, who had made several great catches during the game, over Diggs who had 2 drops during the game.

If Chris Jones didn’t push Dawkins into Allen’s side as he threw it, that would have been Allen’s 4th TD of the game.

Why do I believe he was better tonight that in the 13 seconds game? In that game, Allen by and large took advantage of the Chiefs falling over each other. Numerous slips and blown coverages. In this game, Allen was methodical tonight. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 31
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 13

• Einstein changed the title to Allen was legendary (even better than 13 seconds Allen)

They'd be whining if Allen had passed up that wide open throw to Shakir in the back of the endzone,  too,  if the Bills lost the game anyway. 

Allen played well.  Shakir did as well and I can't blame Allen for looking in that direction when the game was on the line.  He was the only WR they could count on today. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Allen unnecessarily went into hero ball mode. 

More than anything else, I think that is why we lost. 

Well, I think you can say that if Allen is the sole reason we win or lose.  And, if you believe that, then you must agree we need to improve aspects of this team.  We need a WR who can get consistent separation against man defenses.  We also need our D to get healthy.

I do wish Josh threw the ball underneath to Diggs at the end there as we needed one more first down to ensure we wouldn't give the Chiefs much time at all if we had to kick the FG, and the kick would have been closer.  

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We lost because of Allen. This fanbase sometimes doesn’t realize what they have at QB 

And we win because of Allen.  I hope you understand that as well.  We need to get a better receiver to help on the outside.  Our WRs started to disappear as the season went on, and they struggled to get separation against man defenses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That throw in the dirt ahead of wiiiiiide open shakirs feet with the game on the line was so elite 

That tends to happen when the QB gets hit during the throw. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He/we tried too many home run/hero ball plays instead of playing smart

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1

Take Allen out of this team and we wouldn’t even make the playoffs or score 14 points tonight. He is the last one to blame. 

Also can we cut damar Hamlin now charity year is over. And he isn’t good at football. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Murdox said:

Well, I think you can say that if Allen is the sole reason we win or lose.  And, if you believe that, then you must agree we need to improve aspects of this team.  We need a WR who can get consistent separation against man defenses.  We also need our D to get healthy.

I do wish Josh threw the ball underneath to Diggs at the end there as we needed one more first down to ensure we wouldn't give the Chiefs much time at all if we had to kick the FG, and the kick would have been closer.  

I’d settle for a WR that can actually catch the *****in ball that hits him in the *****in hands!   ***** separation… these guys can’t catch 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Unreal.  The stage was set and he didn’t come through on the last drive.  That’s it.

Meh, he got us down the field to get a tying FG, but he should have thrown it underneath to Diggs to get the first down and take more time off the clock.  But, easier said than done.  If he had been able to get the pass of to Shakir and we scored a TD and the Chiefs failed to response with their own TD, nobody would be complaining.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Murdox said:

Josh is the reason we almost won. But he’s also the primary reason we lost. 

Yes - we need better wide receivers. 

But throwing 50 yard bombs was simply not necessary. 

Move the damn chains. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 12
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, GoBills! said:

Take Allen out of this team and we wouldn’t even make the playoffs or score 14 points tonight. He is the last one to blame. 

Also can we cut damar Hamlin now charity year is over. And he isn’t good at football. 

Yeah .. Hamlin 😂

Edited by Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

He played well but no one remembers the legendary performance of the loser. 

Well that's not true.  A lot of people still reference his 13 seconds performance, and claim he got more credit for that game in a loss than Mahomes did for a win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He’s the reason we had a shot.  Him not checking down to Diggs is the reason we lost.  Don’t know if we’ll ever beat four playoff teams in a row with his decision making.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That throw in the dirt ahead of wiiiiiide open shakirs feet with the game on the line was so elite 

You mean when he was hit as he threw?

Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?

The only reason that pass hit the dirt is because he was hit.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Murdox said:

And we win because of Allen.  I hope you understand that as well.  We need to get a better receiver to help on the outside.  Our WRs started to disappear as the season went on, and they struggled to get separation against man defenses.

We took the money that would have gone to Dehop and gave it to Leonard Floyd instead 

• Agree 1

Just now, GoBills! said:

You can say that again.  I find it humorous when people post here about how Allen needs to be replaced.  Yeah?  Go find the replacement who is better.  Just about every team in the NFL would like Allen.  The main problem is he has to do most of the lifting on offense - the talent is a bit thin at WR.  If Allen had the Bengals WR group, I can only imagine where we'd be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Move the damn chains. 

What a time to be alive.

We have a HOF QB and fans criticize him for throwing perfect 50 yard bombs that hit the receiver in the hands and they drop it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This place sometimes, man. Wow. So, the guy that was the reason we were in the game and often drove down the field and made plays with his legs and arms is the reason we lost? The guy that would have been the sole reason we were in the game? Not coaching blunders or terrible defense? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Allen was absolutely legendary tonight. Ran when he should have. Passed when he should have. Took the check down when he should have. He was darn near PERFECT.

67%, 258 total yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT.

And against a top 5 Chiefs defense that was mostly healthy, unlike our mash unit.

Had Diggs and Sherfield played the game with NFL receiver hands, Allen would have had close to 400 yards of offense by himself.

And I don’t want to hear jack squat about his throw to the endzone on 2nd and 9. Allen had two good options on that play;

1) Shakir open in the endzone.

2) Diggs open on the crosser.

He chose Shakir, who had made several great catches during the game, over Diggs who had 2 drops during the game.

If Chris Jones didn’t push Dawkins into Allen’s side as he threw it, that would have been Allen’s 4th TD of the game.

He was better tonight that in the 13 seconds game, which was by and large Allen taking advantage of the Chiefs falling over each other. Allen was methodical tonight. 

I do agree that Allen was great tonight, but he should have taken the open crosser to Diggs. We were playing to run out the clock with how the defense was struggling to stop the Chiefs. He was still great but that wasn’t the best choice even if it wound up a touchdown.

• Agree 1

Just now, Murdox said:

You can say that again.  I find it humorous when people post here about how Allen needs to be replaced.  Yeah?  Go find the replacement who is better.  Just about every team in the NFL would like Allen.  The main problem is he has to do most of the lifting on offense - the talent is a bit thin at WR.  If Allen had the Bengals WR group, I can only imagine where we'd be.

Agree completely on the WR corps. Barely average at best. Hard to upgrade big time drafting so late.

Move the damn chains. 

Completely disagree.  You do all the runs and short stuff….to set up those down field plays.  It worked perfectly!  And Josh made perfect throws ..  and Sherfield, Diggs, and cook dropped them.   Again!

• Agree 2

It’s tough because Allen is the ONLY reason the Bills had a chance at the end.  But those 2nd and 3rd down decisions and throws were not good.  Bass missed the kick but i have no doubt Butker was going to be in position for a walk off FG.  So not getting the TD was really the end in my view.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Move the damn chains. 

Disagree.  You need to stretch the defense out from time to time as our run game was getting bottled up.  And it's even more important when you have a mobile QB like Josh so that you can try and push the secondary back further from the line.  They need to remember the cannon of an arm that Allen has.

He needs to be literally perfect, and that's infuriating. He passed up the Diggs crosser on 2nd and 9 because the TD to Shakir was there. You can't pass that up in that moment, regardless of what Mahomes might do. Tom Brady wouldn't have passed that up. It missed by a fraction of a second due to Jones bullrushing Dawkins into his back.

He played nearly flawlessly, a goddamned superstar in the biggest game of his career. I've never seen another great player forced to be perfect game after game for such a sustained period. It's outrageous that he'd be considered anything other than great. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Allen had only 186 yards on 39 attempts. No, this was not nearly as good as the 13 seconds game. The offense was good today for three quarters because they ran the ball. As soon as it was up to Allen to win it for us, he decided to throw low percentage bombs that missed. And yeah, one was a drop by our WR1. One required our #5 receiver to lay out for it and he almost made the play. One was Josh taking long enough to throw that he maybe got disrupted instead of taking the easy first down. 

Josh arguably cost us the game at the end. That didn't happen in 13 seconds. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought he was perfect until the last drive. Which I thought was his worst drive of the night even before the last two throws. Did the mental pressure get to him? Not sure. But he felt rushed all drive and it wasn't 'cos of tons of pocket pressure. However, he was not the reason we lost.

But what I take away from this game more than anything (other than Bass is done) is that they need more explosive players on the outside. They struggled to get chunk plays all night and that wasn't on Josh. Sherfield dropped two and while not easy Diggs should do better on the one that goes through his arms too. 

Shakir had a nice game, Kincaid had a nice game, and but for the drop in the redzone (which didn't end up hurting) so did Cook. But it's okay dinking, dunking and running with tight ends, slot receivers and backs.... until at the end there where you need a play and KC is gonna defend the endzone. That is where you need more explosive outside guys to win a 1 on 1. They have to get aggressive in chasing that. Man having Jordan Addison on our team woulda made that drive look different. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.