1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

Just now, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Signing Miller for all that money was a stupid as move

trading to get Diggs instead of drafting Richardson was a stupid move

trading to get picks instead of draft Mahomes was a stupid move

Just stupid ***** the Bills do

Bringing up the Mahomes debate at this point is ridiculous. It’s done and over. Mahomes didn’t have a winning record in college but you and Andy Reid knew he was going to be a superstar? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

So mad that Bass missed that kick for obvious reasons. But he robbed us of seeing if our d coordinator could stop them. I doubt it. What do you think 1:47 two timeouts, tie game. 

There's no way Mahomes loses from that situation. 

Be careful what you wish for.  It wouldn’t be Beane’s decision. It would be Pegula’s.  Look at the Sabres.  Three assclown GM’s and four assclown coaches.  Oh yeah, first Bills’ hire was assclown Rex Ryan.  

Our best hope is that McDermott brings in a DC that will bring some wrinkles to the D but still mesh with McDermott’s philosophy.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

13 seconds

wide right

What are the names of his other losses? I forget.

Hard to come up with names in blowout losses to the Chiefs and Bengals.

Don't forget the Too Many Men on the Field loss.... I know it's not a playoff game but yeah

Just now, Breakout Squad said:

Who would you replace him with? Realistically 

The obvious answer would be Harbaugh, but any offensive minded coach (Ben Johnson) etc.   This Defensive carousel of drafts and FA can not continue, and the OC will be plucked from us as long as Josh Allen is our qb.  Get the Defensive caveman out of here and let Jish Allen feast

• Disagree 1

Bringing up the Mahomes debate at this point is ridiculous. It’s done and over. Mahomes didn’t have a winning record in college but you and Andy Reid knew he was going to be a superstar? 

Agreed.  The Mahomes thing, the Bears were the biggest losers in that.  In the end, we got Allen and that is one of the best things that happened to us.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

Yeah but it’s a little McDermott. Klein on Kelce??????????????????????  That’s McD buddy. 

Not doubling Kelce….on McD

Not cutting Hamlin because of the “feels” is on McD

Theres a lot of things going wrong with this franchise. McD is not exempt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dma0034 said:

Hard to come up with names in blowout losses to the Chiefs and Bengals.

Don't forget the Too Many Men on the Field loss.... I know it's not a playoff game but yeah

Yeah! That one counts too. There’s so many. 

Andy Reid knew and Beene and McD did not - smart and stupid 

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

It does sum up the Bills luck though - two big trades, for Josh and Diggs. What do the other teams get in return? Mahomes and Jefferson. I mean… seriously?!

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Upward trajectory with McDermott is OVER.

This season almost ended up a disaster, only to end where it always does, a game shy of the AFCCG.

Team will look a lot different next year; it has to.

Great time to rebuild and go in a new direction with a new HC.

The market is as good as it's been in YEARS.

Pick one and go!

I'm so over McDermott and have been for years.  But unfortunately McShottenheimer has his "loyal to the death" contingent. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d love Ben Johnson but clearly it’s not happening… we are stuck with Sean McSchottenheimer.

This still makes me giggle…firing schottenheimer for norv turner was probably one the biggest mistakes made by an nfl franchise in history and its being used as a ‘we should fire our head coach’ argument for some reason lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

13 out of 14 teams in the playoffs lose.  Winners demand more?  That is hilarious.  You are on a couch FFS. 

Who said anything about winning the Super Bowl?  It would be nice to get to afc championship games and not lose in the wild card or divisional playoff rounds with a franchise qb who even on his best days is not good enough. Dude is virtually flawless come playoffs and it still isn’t enough. That’s a problem. 

Edited by <bills4life>
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

To anyone who watched Hard Knocks you’d know how doomed the Dolphins felt when they face the Bills.  Even with two early turnovers they never had it.

I can only imagine what this Bills team will feel like any time they play the Chiefs again when it matters.

There needs to be a change

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

So mad that Bass missed that kick for obvious reasons. But he robbed us of seeing if our d coordinator could stop them. I doubt it. What do you think 1:47 two timeouts, tie game. 

Please, spare me...Homies was going to waltz down that field in seconds for the winning fg (if not a td).  I'll always find it ironic it was the Bills organization that handed KC the next goat. 

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

McDermott only goes if Josh requests an audience with Pegula and says he wants a trade if it doesn’t happen. Otherwise he’s safe.

I'm afraid that's probably true.  I think Pegula may very well move on from McDermott, FINALLY, when we finish NEXT season more or less the same way...and we will.

He's always a day late and a dollar short with important firing decisions.

He held onto Lindy Ruff and then Darcy Regier WAY TOO LONG, as 1 example.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Please, spare me...Homies was going to waltz down that field in seconds for the winning fg (if not a td).  I'll always find it ironic it was the Bills organization that handed KC the next goat. 

If the kick had been good, KC would have made a long FG (at minimum) prior to regular time expiring.

If the game actually went to OT, I just can't imagine winning for a number of reasons, mostly b/c that's where coaching matters, and we were badly outreached tonight, as usual in the big ones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Most fans just want a decent product on the field and an exciting team

This team checks those boxes, which pleases the owner and the league

McDermott will never defeat a superior coach with an elite QB, and in my world that means you must move on

But it's not going to happen, so either accept it or don't. I may disconnect from this team until they change course

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Be careful what you wish for.  It wouldn’t be Beane’s decision. It would be Pegula’s.  Look at the Sabres.  Three assclown GM’s and four assclown coaches.  Oh yeah, first Bills’ hire was assclown Rex Ryan.  

Our best hope is that McDermott brings in a DC that will bring some wrinkles to the D but still mesh with McDermott’s philosophy.

Honest question.  Would you prefer to bring back Mcd with his solid win record in the regular season and complete failure against the Chiefs every year or to bring in a offensive minded coach to help the offensive?  It's a very real question right now with so much failure with Josh Allen as your qb.   Let's get real here

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This still makes me giggle…firing schottenheimer for norv turner was probably one the biggest mistakes made by an nfl franchise in history and its being used as a ‘we should fire our head coach’ argument for some reason lol 

The mistake wasn’t firing Schottenheimer, though. At some point Pegula will understand the purpose of the season is not to bow out with the defense waving the white flag in the divisional round.

The only plus is at least Josh was on form for most of the game so it wasn’t an embarrassment like the Bengals last year.

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Honest question.  Would you prefer to bring back Mcd with his solid win record in the regular season and complete failure against the Chiefs every year or to bring in a offensive minded coach to help the offensive?  It's a very real question right now with so much failure with Josh Allen as your qb.   Let's get real here

I would answer your question by saying I would prefer to have not gone into that game with so many injuries. 

People worshiping at the KC alter like they smoked us. They might have a slight coaching edge but they barely won. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Honest question.  Would you prefer to bring back Mcd with his solid win record in the regular season and complete failure against the Chiefs every year or to bring in an offensive minded coach to help the offensive?  It's a very real question right now with so much failure with Josh Allen as your qb.   Let's get real here

I hear you.  If we had a strong owner, I might agree that a change is imperative.  I do not trust Pegula to make a good decision.  Again, look at the Sabres for proof.

• Agree 1

Our best chance to get McDermott fired was for Bass to make the kick.  You know Mahomes would've gained the 40 yards he needed for KC to kick the winning FG.  

It's a crime that we have the best player this organization has ever had and will ever have in Allen to only play in 1 AFCG in 6 years.  Next year they will be lucky to surpass 6 wins with their cap and age situation.  Burrow will be healthy, Miami isn't going anywhere and NE will have a shot at a potentially great QB.   Plus Rogers comes back for the Jets.  

This was their last shot for a couple of years.  They're better off cleaning house now and regrouping.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

that fake punt is not excusable and you'll never convince me otherwise. i wouldn't expect damar hamlin to get me those yards with 8 or 9 men on the field. that is not a playmaker you are giving the ball to. five yards is A LOT!

It was god awful. Maybe the most shocking play of the entire season. Just a completely brain dead wishful thinking sort of situation. 

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

that fake punt is not excusable and you'll never convince me otherwise. i wouldn't expect damar hamlin to get me those yards with 8 or 9 men on the field. that is not a playmaker you are giving the ball to. five yards is A LOT!

He was always a mediocre player and doesn’t have great speed - it was a dumb as bricks play 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

Much like the Offense was asked to do more then score points but to also hold on to the ball for a ridiculous number of plays and time the special teams were asked to do something beyond their ability to do in order to protect McD's Defense. This is called "complimentary football" by McD. 

What would have been real "complementary football" would be if the Defensive line, which was healthy and is loaded with high draft picks and big time FA's had blown up the KC line.  Now that would have protected the LB's far better.  But then again that would be expecting a McD defense to play great in the playoffs.  It's happened ONCE in the last 10 playoff games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Mahomes was mediocre at best in college 

I know they probably won't fire him...

But they really should IMO.

Bumped and added poll. What do y'all think right now, post season after being knocked out yet again under rediculous circumstances?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm afraid that's probably true.  I think Pegula may very well move on from McDermott, FINALLY, when we finish NEXT season more or less the same way...and we will.

He's always a day late and a dollar short with important firing decisions.

He held onto Lindy Ruff and then Darcy Regier WAY TOO LONG, as 1 example.

If the kick had been good, KC would have made a long FG (at minimum) prior to regular time expiring.

If the game actually went to OT, I just can't imagine winning for a number of reasons, mostly b/c that's where coaching matters, and we were badly outreached tonight, as usual in the big ones.

just another franchise wishing we had a winner for an owner 

Peguals suck at owning teams 

3 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I know they probably won't fire him...

But they really should IMO.

Bumped and added poll. What do y'all think right now, post season after being knocked out yet again under rediculous circumstances?

What circumstances are you referring to?

18 minutes ago, Blazman11 said:

Our best chance to get McDermott fired was for Bass to make the kick.  You know Mahomes would've gained the 40 yards he needed for KC to kick the winning FG.  

It's a crime that we have the best player this organization has ever had and will ever have in Allen to only play in 1 AFCG in 6 years.  Next year they will be lucky to surpass 6 wins with their cap and age situation.  Burrow will be healthy, Miami isn't going anywhere and NE will have a shot at a potentially great QB.   Plus Rogers comes back for the Jets.  

This was their last shot for a couple of years.  They're better off cleaning house now and regrouping.  

They will continue to win games and probably make the playoffs....they play the AFC south and NFC South if I'm not mistaken

The pegulas really and I mean really need to look and make sure they believe they can win a championship with McDermott as head coach

The guy has had ample opportunity, and will continue to get opportunities as long as Allen is QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.