So we're firing McD, right?

Heavy Kevi

Should the Bills Fire McDermott?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

1 minute ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m not on the fire McD train. Since 6-6 his D has been very good and sans injuries would have won today. I’m not surprised his D doesn’t match up well against Reid’s O as it’s based on Jimmy Johnson’s scheme, which Reid is very familiar with. 

I don’t know how any new HC comes in here and gets back to this level in < 3 years, wasting more of Allen’s prime.

You do however need to improve talent at WR (and other) and dump the ST coach for the punting, punt return, and FG debacles this year.

two things from your comment. 

1) you’re forgiving everything that got us to 6-6

2) Miami D was decimated by injuries as well, and McD has never been able to stop KC, Reid, Mahomes, Kelce regardless of health 

• Thank you (+1) 2

The Pegulas try to save money ANYWHERE possible. It is very much their number 1 priority, unless you’re in their “inner circle”. Its only a matter of time before Laura Pegula leaves the gas company and is named president of the team. She’s already running the new stadium project. Sometimes what might appear puzzling from mcd (naming himself DC), might just be his hand being forced by Terry. Believe me when I say that Terry is not firing mcd anytime soon. Their organizational goal is sustained success in order to maximize profit. Mcd is doing a great job at that. 

• Vomit 1

19 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Why are they morons? Sean continues to lose big playoff games, he wasn’t great for half of this season as well…. What are we talking about here?

Exactly. The irony is that we foolishly continue to believe that we will have a different outcome every year.  When the very definition of moron is stupid and foolish. But hey go figure. 

2 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m not on the fire McD train. Since 6-6 his D has been very good and sans injuries would have won today. I’m not surprised his D doesn’t match up well against Reid’s O as it’s based on Jimmy Johnson’s scheme, which Reid is very familiar with. 

I don’t know how any new HC comes in here and gets back to this level in < 3 years, wasting more of Allen’s prime.

You do however need to improve talent at WR (and other) and dump the ST coach for the punting, punt return, and FG debacles this year.

Well that's a crap reason, no offence.  We were 6-6 because of him.  The fact that he dug out of the hole he caused shouldnt matter.  We want a super bowl right?  Him being able to win one should be the only consideration.  And I don't think he can.  Today we saw one team make adjustments and get better and one team fold.  I don't give a flying F about team culture.  I want a super bowl.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Why are they morons? Sean continues to lose big playoff games, he wasn’t great for half of this season as well…. What are we talking about here?

You got to get to big playoff games.  And then 1 out of 14 teams wins it all.  Maybe a 8-9 team would be better for the mental health of this board.  Losers are more comfortable with losing. 

42 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

No, but I’ll speculate that our next O Coordinator will be our wide receivers coach or something along those lines. 

Of course!  Someone with no experience in the roll that will never be a candidate to take over McD's job after his D continually fails us in the playoffs.  

Good luck on drafting a WR.  I'm sure we're in for a CB in round 1 and a LB in round 2, leaving Allen with what he has for the most part.  

0-3 in Divisional Round games the past three seasons, with our #1/2/4 scoring defenses allowing an average of 30 PPG in regulation.  

Should he be replaced?  If we want to advance and win, yes.  

Will he be?  Not a chance with Pegula in charge.   

McD was fine tonight.

But it's not just this loss. I just feel there is a ceiling with him in the postseason. Things aren't progressing forward. Why ignore the fact there are legendary coaches available? They would jump at this opportunity.

When is getting to the Divisional round not going to be enough? 

46 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

Plus McD created all the injuries. When 4th stringers can't easily beat the Chiefs, that's on the coaches.  Dropped passes also were on him.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie&#x27;s Dead said:

We should but we won't.  The fake punt was the worst call I've ever seen.  Outcoached yet again by Andy Reid.  They were ready for it and stuffed it.  Putting Wrap on Kelce late in the game silenced Kelce, but it was too little too late.  We're going nowhere with McDummy, and we've wasted yet another year of Joshua Patrick Allen.

Not to say McDermott was good either but I thought Reid was kind of bad honestly lol he mismanaged timeout usage horribly which essentially gifted us 7 points before halftime 

mvs and crew made big contested catches, we didn’t make big uncontested catches 

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

two things from your comment. 

1) you’re forgiving everything that got us to 6-6

2) Miami D was decimated by injuries as well, and McD has never been able to stop KC, Reid, Mahomes, Kelce regardless of health 

1) yes because of what happened after 6-6. They should have been 8-4 sure but then they coulda utterly folded too.

2) they’re 3-4 vs KC correct? That’s not never. I think of all coaches Reid is bound to have an edge vs McD Defenses.

3) personally I think he’s a mid HC but he wasn’t why they lost today and a new HC will take 3 years to get to the spot we just ended up at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

You got to get to big playoff games.  And then 1 out of 14 teams wins it all.  Maybe a 8-9 team would be better for the mental health of this board.  Losers are more comfortable with losing. 

Isn’t that what we have been doing the past few years in the divisional round?  I mean damn I guess it’s great if you are just happy to be there every year. That my friend is the definition of a loser.  Winners expect and demand more. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Bill Grundy said:

Do people really want Bill ***** Belichik in charge?

The man who first bummed us in 91 and then sentenced us to about 15 years of humiliation?

do you let your neighbour screw your wives too? 

jesus. 

Depends...does my neighbor banging my wife mean we get a Superbowl win? 

Edited by Billschinatown
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Isn’t that what we have been doing the past few years in the divisional round?  I mean damn I guess it’s great if you are just happy to be there every year. That my friend is the definition of a loser.  Winners expect and demand more. 

13 out of 14 teams in the playoffs lose.  Winners demand more?  That is hilarious.  You are on a couch FFS. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, 1BD_mailman said:

The Pegulas try to save money ANYWHERE possible. It is very much their number 1 priority, unless you’re in their “inner circle”. Its only a matter of time before Laura Pegula leaves the gas company and is named president of the team. She’s already running the new stadium project. Sometimes what might appear puzzling from mcd (naming himself DC), might just be his hand being forced by Terry. Believe me when I say that Terry is not firing mcd anytime soon. Their organizational goal is sustained success in order to maximize profit. Mcd is doing a great job at that. 

I’m so afraid you may be right 

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

i don't want BB. i would take harbaugh in a second though

but mcd is here to stay. all this fury is just pointless. 

I’ll take BB or Harbaugh. Even take Jon Gruden with the way I feel tonight 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did no one see this coming when Dorian Williams and AJ Klein were starting at linebacker?   When their best edge rusher never came back from an injury worth a damn?

They lost by 3 points!  

Signing Miller for all that money was a stupid as move

trading to get Diggs instead of drafting Richardson was a stupid move

trading to get picks instead of draft Mahomes was a stupid move

Just stupid ***** the Bills do

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

McDermott’s playoff record against teams seeded 5-7 is 5-0. His playoff record against teams seeded 1-4 is 0-6. I don’t even think he coached a bad game today. I liked that he was aggressive - except for the fake punt which was forgivable if it was because KC only had 10 on the field.

At some point you just have to make a change though. I don’t think the Bills will fire McDermott this off-season, but they probably should. I think he gets at least one more year. 

Wow, that's extremely telling. McDummie can GTFO asap!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.